Kpop is still can't compete in US charts, and fans don't understand how Awards works

• Since the grammy nominations will be announce this month I decided to write this thread

because no matter what fans try to say the song is only popular among their fans , yeah maybe non fans listen to the song and know it but it's still small number compared to the fans hard work

I wasn't surprise to see a kpop act on bb no1 spot , fans worked hard streaming and buying the album, yet it quickly dropped from no1 after spending a lot of weeks not only it's dropped but couldn't survive staying in the hot 100

tbh Butter and dynamite are not BTS best songs (idk why they switched to cute concpet it doesn't suit them)it sound commercial plus butter sound like bruno mars rejected song

Now does BTS deserve a grammy yes but not now I don't think butter deserve grammy the song did well sales/charts (again butter too commercial, permission to dance was better). Grammy is not only about chart and sales and that's something kpop fans forget

• I think what most Kpop fans also forget is that Grammy counts radio airplay and that's why Gaga and Arianne won last year even when BTS were leading in sales.

Also, the reason why Lil Nas X rose to Billboard at number 1. US radio airplay makes up a lot of points in Grammy awards criteria.

If you song isn't played on US radio or and over again, then you won't have a chance at the Grammy.

• I wasn't surprise to see a kpop act on bb no1 spot , fans worked hard streaming and buying the album, yet it quickly dropped from no1 after spending a lot of weeks not only it's dropped but couldn't survive staying in the hot 100

dynamite actually charted for so long, It charted for 32 weeks its insane

staying on the charts while the Christmas songs were bombing the charts

and u should have seen the day it started rising on apple music (not only global but also us)

i think that's the day armys realized the fandom is growing and and the gp is listening to it!

• Tbh, I think their chances to win a grammy are very small. They have a target audience and most are known only in this segment. They are big compared to other Korean artists, but their album sales are low compared to Adele, Beyonce, for example. YT views -we all know- aren't real, the MVs are streamed like crazy, but I don't think this is a criteria for the award. Idk about the charts.

Idk, but why are people so desperate for a grammy award? I mean, it doesn't change anything. I enjoyed Adele's song before and after she won so many Grammys. It's the same. So why? Just enjoy the music.

• Sorry but no.

As for why? : BTS themselves have made it clear that winning a grammy is one of their dream. As a fan of them it seems pretty normal to wish for it to happen.

Well, I'm also a fan of BTS, but I'm realistic. There are chances for them to win, low but there are and I hope they will achieve their dream. Even Parasite won, and surprised everyone, even tho it wasn't that popular, so who knows.

Even if they win or not, they are the same for me. I never care about awards.

• I think what most Kpop fans also forget is that Grammy counts radio airplay and that's why Gaga and Arianne won last year even when BTS were leading in sales.

Also, the reason why Lil Nas X rose to Billboard at number 1. US radio airplay makes up a lot of points in Grammy awards criteria.

If you song isn't played on US radio or and over again, then you won't have a chance at the Grammy.

Who said Radioplay counts for Grammy lmaoooooooo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!