My top 10 First Listen Bops This Year~

• My top 10 songs~

No more of that "it grows on you" nonsense. There were some fantastic bops this year, just not by the artists you'd expect them from. classy bops that aren't confusing or noisy. JUST PURE BOPPING. lumping the same artists together or else half of the list would be somi.

1. somi's whole xoxo album (minus the old songs if you're fussy about it being songs from this year only):

best album, god tier bop album. no songs are a miss, and she absolutely did teen crush without doing that teen crush.

2. iyah kang seungyoon:

i'm completely biased with this one, but on first listen i sort of cried. this year felt like everything was moving so fast and i was growing externally far too fast to catch up internally, but if kang seungyoon says that my mom still sees me as a child, that's the whole truth. also the ai-ai-iyah part is so freaking catchy.

3. txt's anti romantic and lovesong:

i'll probably never stan txt, but if they keep putting out god tier bops like these two, i might be forced to.

the lovesong 2.0 song was slightly disappointing, but they have enough versions of lovesong for me not to need that song at all.

4. shaun and jsin i'll find you:

shaun is self descriptive. i dont think he's ever released something that isnt a bop.

the only issue was this was released in late july. if it was released in may the summer timing would've been better, and replay value would've gone up.

5. woodz's only lovers left album:

just listen to it.

6. weeekly after school and holiday party:

weeekly really taking over twice's abandoned cute trophy. catchy bops, kind of like a 2017 twice school version. very cute, very catchy.

really really sick of after school tho- my for you page is full of it, but even the best songs get stale after 50 million replays

7. woo!ah! i don't miss u:

the only good song woo!ah! has released imo

thankfully it's a bop. a huge bop at that.

keep singing i dont miss miss you, *insert jumbled korean* big mis mis mistake

8. hello joy + my universe bts (tie)

couldn't decide on which one should be 8th so tie. very bop. both cheerful and light hearted. some might find these boring but i really thing both delivered and bopped.

9. itzy shoot:

imo, itzy's only good song this year- but people have different tastes. shoooooooooot *insert korean noises* butterfly cheoroem *insert korean noises* all year.

10. brave girls after we ride:

lowkey, subtle, an earworm. not as outright catchy as the other tracks on this list, but it has instant replay value, instant satisfaction. very chill and nice.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

Edited once, last by ninichan ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!