Out with the Old and In with the New

• I'm not that in the know with pre-third generation kpop but there seems a fairly consistent theme with out with the old and in with the new amongst kpop companies abandoning their old groups when new groups debut.

I've already mentioned in the tags 2NE1/BP and CLC/G-Idle but are there other groups that were thrown away for the fresh new group and conversely arr there groups to survive the introduction of their newer/younger Dongsang.

One might even make an argument that with the slow and steady rise of Stray Kids led to the downfall of Got7....

• It’s sad tbh, they probs rather just be selfish with the money stop investing in older groups and focus on the newer ones to spend less and earn more from the newer ones while still earning from the older ones due to their established fan bases

I really hope the same doesn’t happen to stray kids :(

• it's less likely with BG but consider this how many active BG are there from the 2nd Gen compared to active GG

And also how many companies not in the big 4 have greater than one active GG compared to their BG

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!