Is Plastic Surgery *Ok*

• Of course, your answer is "Yes, anyone can do whatever they want with their body" this is true, but we know that usually plastic surgery stems from insecurity. If people weren't so insecure they wouldn't want to change themselves. Now how does this tie into K-Pop? idols are always seen as perfect, celebrities in general are worshiped like gods. They are so beautiful and untouchable, "I wish I looked like them" we all think like this, so in a way, kpop makes you insecure. We already know why Idols get PS, to either please themselves, or please their company. I'm not saying idols cant do what they want, its just a false narrative that these idols are born looking beautiful, have you ever noticed how some idols look the same, usually it's the same face shape, that's because most Koreans want the same looking face, slim nose, high nose bridge, small slim face, etc. I believe that being an idol and a trainee at such a young age messes them up. (We all know how damaging the industry is) how can such a young girl/boy want to get plastic surgery at such a young age? Plastic surgery is just a fix for your insecurity, until you develop a new one, you will never truly be happy with yourself. It should not be normalized to get plastic surgery just because you dont fit the insane and unrealistic beauty standard. This is why a lot of young girls do not like themselves. You see a perfect looking slim looking person everywhere you go. This is why I think plastic surgery in kpop and in general is not right. You can disagree all you want, just write a good response if you do. :thumbup:

• it is not always out of insecurity also why do you assume the reason some people can do it because they want to change from there past life

When I'm with you, a magical thing happens

• and yet we live in a society that benefits beautiful people more than less beautiful people so its truly not just a kpop issue per se but a societal one.

And in society you either go with the flow or try to change things...but if you aint got no power then... :rolleyes:

• But why change? What is the reason to change the face you were born with? If you wanted to change dye your hair or something.

lets say someone was depressed and you live in abusive household and even if you change your hair they can still reconize by your face and you might live in that horrible life again so people will do plasitic surgery to not get reconigzed by those thing or to try and start a new life for your self

• lets say someone was depressed and you live in abusive household and even if you change your hair they can still reconize by your face and you might live in that horrible life again so people will do plasitic surgery to not get reconigzed by those thing or to try and start a new life for your self

It's a good take but if you want to start a new life and move on from your past move away and work on yourself mentally. Plastuc surgery feeds into depression and insecurity.

• It's a good take but if you want to start a new life and move on from your past move away and work on yourself mentally. Plastuc surgery feeds into depression and insecurity.

not always for some it does the opposite (I had a real life friend that did it and they looked alot happier after that) so some idols might feel ok and happy with it we never know so do not guess how they feel

• not always for some it does the opposite (I had a real life friend that did it and they looked alot happier after that) so some idols might feel ok and happy with it we never know so do not guess how they feel

I do think people can be happy after PS but right now in society it just seems wrong to me.

• Of course, your answer is "Yes, anyone can do whatever they want with their body" this is true, but we know that usually plastic surgery stems from insecurity.

I don't know about the "usually" part. Has there been a verifiable, peer-reviewed study that points to this being the primary reason?

• Official Post

it's good that all these plastic surgeons can practice so that they will be experts when it comes to reconstructive plastic surgeries for victims of like acid attacks and bombs. so plastic surgery is like ok.

i wish there was an emp type of thing that you could set off in a large area and everyone's cosmetic surgeries fall apart. there would be eyelids bulging and boobs flying off and lips shrinking and butts falling off. i should get some more sleep. gnite!

• people are free to do whatever they want - it's only when I see someone who looks like a billboard for PS (eyes, nose, lips, jaw, cheek, teeth all very obviously done to the point that the face looks very generic - loses individuality/character ) that I wonder did this person not like even a single feature on their face when they looked at themselves.

• Of course, your answer is "Yes, anyone can do whatever they want with their body" this is true, but we know that usually plastic surgery stems from insecurity. If people weren't so insecure they wouldn't want to change themselves.

Do we though? People wear makeup, dye their hair or go to the gym all with the goal of changing themselves or their look in some way (or maintaining it.) So everyone wearing bronzer, doing ab crunches, getting a haircut, piercing their ears or covering up a zit are insecure by this logic? This view seems to give people little credit for their own decisions and choices and the complex reasons they do it. Maybe a person getting their boobs done does it for the same reason I wear red lipstick or another spends lots of money on regular spray tans - they like the way it looks.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Do we though? People wear makeup, dye their hair or go to the gym all with the goal of changing themselves or their look in some way (or maintaining it.) So everyone wearing bronzer, doing ab crunches, getting a haircut, piercing their ears or covering up a zit are insecure by this logic? This view seems to give people little credit for their own decisions and choices and the complex reasons they do it. Maybe a person getting their boobs done does it for the same reason I wear red lipstick or another spends lots of money on regular spray tans - they like the way it looks.

She nailed it

:yesr:

Cased closed

:pepe-back-away:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• Do we though? People wear makeup, dye their hair or go to the gym all with the goal of changing themselves or their look in some way (or maintaining it.) So everyone wearing bronzer, doing ab crunches, getting a haircut, piercing their ears or covering up a zit are insecure by this logic? This view seems to give people little credit for their own decisions and choices and the complex reasons they do it. Maybe a person getting their boobs done does it for the same reason I wear red lipstick or another spends lots of money on regular spray tans - they like the way it looks.

Well the world has always ran on beauty. I did say I know that people get plastic surgery for themselves, and this is a very valid point to make.

• Plastic surgery isn't just used for non medical related issues you know right...

in the medical field, a lot of major health concerns give you said procedures, and they're referred to as plastic surgery. The whole term shouldn't have a negative connotation.

and whether someone just wants it to feel better about themselves, and so long as it doesn't turn into addiction and is a reasonable procedure, I see no harm.

• lets say someone was depressed and you live in abusive household and even if you change your hair they can still reconize by your face and you might live in that horrible life again so people will do plasitic surgery to not get reconigzed by those thing or to try and start a new life for your self

Girl what plastic surgery gives you a new damn face? Oli london type shit....

• Girl what plastic surgery gives you a new damn face? Oli london type shit....

uh get the fuck out of here little bitch and you can change small feature not like oli london

• Plastic surgery isn't just used for non medical related issues you know right...

in the medical field, a lot of major health concerns give you said procedures, and they're referred to as plastic surgery. The whole term shouldn't have a negative connotation.

and whether someone just wants it to feel better about themselves, and so long as it doesn't turn into addiction and is a reasonable procedure, I see no harm.

Quick question are you including reconstructive surgery like orthognathic surgery (ie double jaw surgery to fix over/under/cross bite)?

• i lived a miserable life before plastic surgey, i couldn't even put my hair in a ponytail or straighten it because i thought it drew attention to my ugly feature, it's been 2 years since i had it and i've been living as a hot girl ever since so i don't know what you're talking about

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• Some people are actually born ugly and unattractive no matter how you look or shower them with compliments. So plastic surgery would definitely be a godsend to those people in that category. However if a person is already beautiful and attractive, they have no reason to get plastic surgery

• there are many different reasons people choose to do plastic surgery, and it's non of our business because it's they're choice anyway. you've got no right to say it's wrong and i've got no right to say it's right. their body, their choice.

• I personally don't like PS.

It's okay of you get plastic surgery because of health problems or obvious defect in your face for example cleft lip or uneven teeth. I had braces maybe that is considered ps I guess. In other cases, ps is no no for me. Afterall, people are free to do anything with their body. So it aint my problem, I guess.

• its really not anyone's business except the person doing the PS. Who are we as outsiders to determine if its not okay? Say we do, what's gonna happen? Are you gonna treat them differently because you don't "agree" with something they did to their body that doesn't affect you at all?

• From my point of view, doctors need to be made aware of mental illnesses such as BDD and held to a certain ethical standard as to whom they will operate on. It's difficult as many people with BDD can be manipulative and deny that they have the illness, and then there's the greed... My own experience is that most know that their patients would be better off seeking help from a psychiatrist, but since they'll get a steady customer they disregard the ethical code. Stricter regulations such as fines/removed licenses, requiring a psychiatric statement, and denying reoccuring cosmetic procedures might be the way forward. Maybe even a register, but that would probably be forbidden :/

In the end, there's a difference between a 38 -year-old mother of three who wants to get her breasts back in shape, and a severely depressed person on his fourth nose job

• This is my take. Plastic surgery is alright. You can if you want, but I personally will NEVER do it. Because of religion (obv) and I am happy with how I look. And getting surgery have long term effects, waste of money trying to maintain it for the rest of your life. Because plastic surgery dont last long.

If can, dont do plastic surgery unless you have permanent damage/imperfections on your face or you are just filthy rich and ready to face the complications that will appear in the long run.

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!