It's No Body Shaming People..........Unless It Is A Skinny Person

• And no, this isn't just a problem in the kpop industry.

People love to preach how you shouldn't body shame someone and then go on call people who are skinny "unhealthy" "skeletons" etc.

Some of you don't realize how harmful this is. There are skinny girls that see these comments and think there is something wrong with their body.

And stop using the "they are promoting unhealthy beauty standards excuse" when a someone skinny posts a pic. Because if it was the beauty standard, you wouldn't be calling them skeletons and unhealthy in the first place.

I personally used to be really skinny and experienced these kind of comments. I started eating a lot and gained a lot of weight. And now people(my relatives) are saying I am too fat(I am average weight btw). We can never win can we?

I find it disgusting that this still goes on. I will use Rose's recent instagram post as an example. She posted a pic of herself, fully covered in clothing and people are calling her body unhealthy, calling her a skeleton, and saying she is promoting unhealthy standards when you can't even properly see her body. By the way, she has always been skinny and we all know she is foodse.

Point is, if you are going to preach about body shaming, then stop body shaming skinny people. Being skinny is a natural body type too.

Thank you for listening to my tedtalk.

Also I don't know if I posted a thread like this already.

• FOR REALL

i saw a comment on akp news about rose's body and i was like pls shut up X/

• question is where is the line?

I think line is very thin between being concerned about someone / bodyshaming that person

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think line is very thin between being concerned about someone / bodyshaming that person

I think it is hard yet easy line to identify.

If they are saying things like "they look like a skeleton" "promoting unhealthy beauty standards". Or perhaps "they are fat" etc I think it is pretty obvious what their intention is.

I think being concerned is not writing things like "she is way too skinny" or "they look too fat" emphasing on the skinny or fat part is when it gets wrong and offending the person.

you can tell, skinny shaming is when people are saying "oh that's unhealthy and its setting a bad example"

• Bodyshaming = "She needs to eat a burger."

Being concerned = "I hope she's okay. She looks like she lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Rosé unnie, please take care of your health!"

Rosé is naturally skinny she eats as much as us she just have a fat metabolism so I don’t know why people are still concerned it’s not she is anorexic

• A word of advice for you op, don't bother reading the comments or even click on anything BP related article in the main akp news section... It is a cesspool for BP haters there and I would say on equal with Twitter... I remember even an article about BP girls donating to help can have massive downvotes and people been vile on the comment..

• Like some people see that some people are "skinny", but they eat normally. I feel like people will never stop body shaming.

2dc9ef883d01563f0965b1c1470723b2.jpg1bf6d1d06db9f94a02986ebf2ecec5f0.jpg"𝙄 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙖" - 𝙔𝙪𝙣𝙖♢♡♢♡ '𝙇𝙊𝘾𝙊'♢♡♢♡♢♡

• you can tell, skinny shaming is when people are saying "oh that's unhealthy and its setting a bad example"

ok but let's use Somi as example

she lost weight and needed to get IV's

because her body couldn't manage promotions

in this case I will say damn that's unhealthy, and it's also a bad example for kids

because during that time when this happened Knetz posted on forums praising her body, and face, etc...

yet for me I would say fvck that, I'm concerned because it's unhealthy when you need to go to hospital when your 'schedule' is basically to perform one song choreo in music tv show... and re-runs happen when you are the one making mistakes, not the cameraman.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• no but see that's it, the difference is some idols are just like that. calling that unhealthy and bad is skinny-shaming because what's healthy and what's not entirely depends on how you were born.

• no but see that's it, the difference is some idols are just like that. calling that unhealthy and bad is skinny-shaming because what's healthy and what's not entirely depends on how you were born.

ok but if someone manages it it's ok

another example of hospital visits is miss Hyuna who if I remember correct has vasovagal syncope

so she should drink a lot of water per day

as well as eat things like bread, pasta, rice,

so it's really sad when you hear that she fainted or needed to postpone comeback because it basically means she didn't do what she should...

but ok I just have different point of view on things, maybe it's because I even have certificate to be supervising teacher on sports summer/winter camps, so I guess it's natural that I somehow think of different things when I see people younger than me, just would like them to take better care of themselves, usually would help them to do it but you know, it's not like you can go to Korea and help an Idol lol

• Rose, her weight really hasn't changed since its debut era. She never promotes unhealthy habits, and from all the bp content it seems like she enjoys eating portions of good food.

also idols do so much more exercise than us...so clearly they will burn a lot of calories.

Rose is also always energetic on stage, never looks tired/malnourished.

so I think people just are projecting their insecurities onto her.

She has never shown any issues with food. And even if she did, pointing it out and commenting you look like a skeleton is the WORST way to deal with an ED.

• I think it is hard yet easy line to identify.

If they are saying things like "they look like a skeleton" "promoting unhealthy beauty standards". Or perhaps "they are fat" etc I think it is pretty obvious what their intention is.

I think being concerned is not writing things like "she is way too skinny" or "they look too fat" emphasing on the skinny or fat part is when it gets wrong and offending the person.

spot on. I think it's nobody's business to comment on others' bodies...espcially since its harmful most of the time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!