Twice The feels is the biggest gg song in 2021?

• I did not say that. Stop using strawman argument. Is the Feels charting high on Japanese chart right now where it would be significant if this is the case. We don't have japan stream number do we? Until then, my point stand.

In it's fifth week The Feels is charting at #15 on Japan Billboard hot 100 due purely to streaming. Strwaman my ass.

• I feel like we going nowhere. MassiveKpopFan has already stated his opinion and I agree with him.

If you think and believe what you said, go ahead and make a poll here and see which song is bigger. That will settle it. Simple.

• I feel like we going nowhere. MassiveKpopFan has already stated his opinion and I agree with him.

If you think and believe what you said, go ahead and make a poll here and see which song is bigger. That will settle it. Simple.

Ow really? Oh well fuck me, you see I didn't know MassiveWhoEverTheFuckThatIs had given his opinion. It's settled then. I mean why let Billboards global charts, Spotify or Apple Musics charts or Oricon settle it, why we have an Allkpop poll and a user who's a massive Kpop fan to tell us.

Really great comment, just cleared everything up for me.

• Ow really? Oh well fuck me, you see I didn't know MassiveWhoEverTheFuckThatIs had given his opinion. It's settled then. I mean why let Billboards global charts, Spotify or Apple Musics charts or Oricon settle it, why we have an Allkpop poll and a user who's a massive Kpop fan to tell us.

BwaHahahaha

• I mean the argument would end if we knew which song had the most streams worldwide.

Don't know or care if that data exists or not.

But it's not invalid to state that massive success in one country might trump moderate success in multiple countries if it means more overall listeners.

Innit.

• well if we are being honest international achievement are just carry by fandom

so i wouldn't say it's about if the song is big or not it's just about who have the biggest fandom

for example since a lot of people are saying the feels charts in more country so it's definitely bigger

i'm gonna say that for example yes, the song charted pretty high in france on itunes it charted at #22 which would mean that the song would be pretty popular, but if you go around the street and ask anybody if they heard the song, nobody would have a clue which song it is

so yes International achievement are carry by fandom and it's clear by how even if these song peak high on spotify global, or bb etc... none of the general public in western country know what song it is

so saying a song is " big internationnally" because it chart high and in a lot of country when epople who live in these countries don't even know the song is dumb when the only people who know the song is their fandom

even if it's twice, aespa, nct etc....

international achievement are only interesting and are able to counter balance the bad performance in local country, when the song is doing really great internationally at Blackpink/BTS level

unless this the song isn't doing well without mentionning that International means nothing if the song is flopping in local country

if international was enough to claim a song to be bigger even if it's flopping in korea, then Mafia in the morning would be consider bigger than Next level

and i see nobody making such a claim, which clearly prove that a song with just international success isn't enough to be consider big

just like HYLT, dynamite, Butter, are all song consider as the biggest, because they did well both locally and internationally

and that their success wasn't limited to just their fandom, and chart position

but by the fact that the GP in western country was aware of this song and singing along to it, that's why their international success was important, or that every people were singing and dancing to it, which prove to people that the impact of these song were going beyond only chart

anyway here is my take on this subject

• Charting in those countries where the streams and the position are insignificant compare to charting in a country where literally one of the most popular songs of the year. I'll let u figure this one out.

Precisely weren't onces argue about this against blinks back then? History repeat itself where the positions are swap?

Its funny bc onces always use the reverse logic, when Ktl pass fancy in all international metric they still said fancy was bigger based in kcharts but now they are switching bc Korean don't fuck with them like they used to

Twice has nothing this year, now even sales considering how aepsa pass 500k and nl is 10m away from af and their new cmb is looking to do the same as always. All that without bp coming back

Even in voting in mama, Lisa beating twice ass and they keep switching with rosé for that top10 position, like a whole fandom against a solo

It's bad for them for real

• He thinks a user who thought Mafia in the Morning was bigger is a better indicator.

Well, he may be wrong on the Mafia part there. Noticed I did not mention once Mafia in my respond, only Next Level.

Ow really? Oh well fuck me, you see I didn't know MassiveWhoEverTheFuckThatIs had given his opinion. It's settled then. I mean why let Billboards global charts, Spotify or Apple Musics charts or Oricon settle it, why we have an Allkpop poll and a user who's a massive Kpop fan to tell us.

Say whatever about MassiveKpopFan, he followed chartings, so I value his opinion on charting than most people. Sound like you did not read my post. We disagree here on the charting. I stated before the charting for kpop in most country are insignificant because of their charting position and streams.

I provided my estimated streams with the available data from korean charts and global spotify where savage still gain around 2.6 mil stream globally compare to 1.3 of The Feels. Now, where is your streams data here? Exactly, we don't have the completed data.

I still stand by my point. Since we disagree here, that's why I stated let the poll do the talking.

• Most top songs on spotify filter and unfiltered stream difference around 1 to 5 percent. So it's really insignificant. The same can apply to melon and korean streaming charts where popular top song gain streams because of the popularity not because of fandom keep looping 24 hour. So my comparison still stand.

With current chart data available. Savage alone can net around 2.6 mil per day vs The Feels around 1.3 mil. Looking at this data you can tell how it's significant for a song to do well domestically. Next Level was doing quite a bit better than Savage, so the number is even more lopsided.

Nobody downplay twice accomplishment here. People just disagree with the biggest song.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Next Level Korean streaming numbers alone are higher than The Feels worldwide numbers, it's irrelevant if The Feels is doing better in more countries where kpop is an ultra small niche , in absolute numbers it isn't doing better

You guys sure you want to go by melon streaming numbers? Cuz if you want then My Starry Love by LIM YOUNG WOONG that came out march 9, 2021 is the biggest song of this year...

Melon streams

hQeq5qZ.png

Genie streams

RUqabX1.png

It's funny when people have 0 idea about Korean charts

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• Kill this Love is underestimated as a domestic hit since blackpink standard is too high. The song lasted almost 30 weeks on gaon top100 and had a much higher peak than The Feels on hot100, the two of them aren't comparable. Even more since Next Level is a bigger hit than Yes or Yes.

• You got exposed as a Jennie anti and now your ass in twice business lmaooo

Universe must have my back

Ariana Grande

• billboard global 200 is the best data i think cus it covers streams and sales from about 200 territories and The Feels charting better there than Next Level so i don't understand the disagreement here

• I was thinking about this and think people might pull this out. No, you can't pull this and make it comparable to most melon top songs. LYW is a special case, where in the Digitital chart, we know his fans are super loyal zombie streamers. Look at his Melon uls and compare to the top 10. This did not validate what you thing u are doing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!