Poll for the Singer and Song of the year - BTS and Butter tower over everyone

• https://m.joynews24.com/v/1416955 (in Korean)

200 people, supposedly in showbiz (although their identities are not disclosed), voted and

Singer of the year (multiple votes allowed)

BTS 152 votes - 76%

IU 14 votes - 7%

aespa 12 votes - 6%

Lim Youngwoong 9 votes - 4.5%

NCT 7 votes - 3.5%

==

Ennik Douma - 4 votes -2%

Lee Mujin - 4 votes - 2%

Also, Baek Yerin , Stray Kids, Seventeen, Akmu and Monster X got votes.

===

Song of the year

Butter 76 votes

Next Level 46

Rollin 14

PtD 11

Lilac 9

Also mentioned - My Universe, Celebrity, Traffic Lights, Nakka, Blueming, "Only Looking at You" (MSG Wannabe), Dumb Dumb, Alcohol Free, Sticker, Slightly Tipsy (She is my Type and Sandeul (B1A4)), A Walk (Baek Yerin), Beautiful Beautiful (ONF) and Right Through Me (Day6)

It seems that out of the older singers, only the Senior Singer stands tall.

Also, it is now clear that Ennik is seen as a strong newer singer (though she debuted in 2016), and will probably become more prominent next year.

• Industry insider voting is only slightly less irrelevant than fan voting. And such surveys from unknown people, hah anyone can cook up such articles.

The only true metric is digital unique listeners.

Gaon awards got that covered.

Other awards, are still useful - at least MAMA got rid of the fandom votes for 3 of the 4 daesangs(?).

While charts will tell the actual consumption, fans their obsession, what is needed is for experts to judge how a song broke new grounds in terms of music, lyrics, artistry etc., which will not be apparent to public. And need not be popular.

That's where agency insider vote would be good, provided that the qualifications of the jury and the process is objective. Else they will also play up the power-groups.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• The industry understands BTS' power. They also take into consideration the work BTS unknowingly do for Korean music industry. Even if people don't like them, they understand the importance of them and respect them which is visible in almost all the surveys that have been done in last few years.

Yes, they are in another level. All Kpop figures, including the Senior Singer who is the epitome of Domesticity and Lim Youngwoong the trottist (who got some international attention after the gallup polls said he led the over--40 category when BTS led the under-40), benefit something from BTS' world domination.

• the Senior Singer who is the epitome of Domesticity

I don't know how you feel about IU and I'm not gonna assume it as well but can I ask you a question?

Why do you have IU as your avatar and signature? I mean I'm a huge BTS fan and I haven't even bothered to have an avatar or change that weird signature which was meant to be moving but it got stuck. Anyways but that is because I like BTS. Your feelings about IU are unknown but you still keep her as your avatar and signature which are meant to show what or whom you like. Atleast that's what I assume. If your feelings are neutral then you should have kept them blank. This is very complicated so explain it a little.

• I don't know how you feel about IU and I'm not gonna assume it as well but can I ask you a question?

Why do you have IU as your avatar and signature? I mean I'm a huge BTS fan and I haven't even bothered to have an avatar or change that weird signature which was meant to be moving but it got stuck. Anyways but that is because I like BTS. Your feelings about IU are unknown but you still keep her as your avatar and signature which are meant to show what or whom you like. Atleast that's what I assume. If your feelings are neutral then you should have kept them blank. This is very complicated so explain it a little.

I used to have no sigs but when I began to describe Lee Jieun for something I said 'the person in my sig' and some people said I had no sig so I found some picture and added her to my sig

Since I don't have anyone to add to my sig and can't think about anyone else I prefer to stick her pics with my post since people will know who I am talking about even if I don't describe her in detail

• I used to have no sigs but when I began to describe Lee Jieun for something I said 'the person in my sig' and some people said I had no sig so I found some picture and added her to my sig

Since I don't have anyone to add to my sig and can't think about anyone else I prefer to stick her pics with my post since people will know who I am talking about even if I don't describe her in detail

Who is Lee Jieun? I thought you were talking about the Senior Singer this whole time :pepe-notes:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I don't know how you feel about IU and I'm not gonna assume it as well but can I ask you a question?

WhyKnock is a conspiracy theorist and you want logic for the choices?

IU is the object of obsession - not like or dislike.

• I used to have no sigs but when I began to describe Lee Jieun for something I said 'the person in my sig' and some people said I had no sig so I found some picture and added her to my sig

But why did you use 'the person in my sig' when you didn't have any sig? Lol....

You could have said 'the person in my avatar or dp' if you had her picture over there and then no one would have asked you who you were talking about.

Also why did you choose this picture as your sig? This is not easy picture to find. That means you went out of your way to really specifically find something.

• But why did you use 'the person in my sig' when you didn't have any sig? Lol....

You could have said 'the person in my avatar or dp' if you had her picture over there and then no one would have asked you who you were talking about.

Also why did you choose this picture as your sig? This is not easy picture to find. That means you went out of your way to really specifically find something.

Well, everyone had a sig and I didn't so I wanted to emulate others

This is actually my third pic. The first was Lee Jieun's character in Hotel del Luna about to fire a rifle, and the second was Lee Jieun sitting in purple in an earlier sequence of the scene above. I though the current pic was cool so I chose it

• Damn, if this is how the judges vote in most upcoming shows :pepe-popcorn:

Its something I had already predicted btw in my thread on past voting behaviour on some Korean shows

• Atp everything is useless cause BTS keep winning everything :pepefrog:

• People acting like Butter had no impact in korea is so wrong

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A "no impact" song's lyrics were hung up on Korean Paralympics lodging for tokyo 2020.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the same "no impact" song was referenced for the Olympics by the president

(PTD as well, but i'm focusing on butter here)

yall can go on and on denying butter having impact when it had the above impact as well as being covered multiple times by many acts and so on.

Other songs have impact this year as well, not denying that. You don't need to put Butter down to pull your faves up cause denying Butter's impact just shows your bitterness.

• "third wheel" is not exactly an insult unless I'm not seeing some double entendre in your post.

no but I think you missed the joke :pepe-hehe:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Probably, I'm just taking a break from work cause I'm waiting on a build to complete

dont make me feel bad for laughing :pepefeelsweirdestman:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• As usual Armys are mad if this isn't about their faves

NL and Rollin have still the over all organic impact this year, be mad about it

Yes Armys are mad in this thread cause BTS won the poll voted by Korean industry persons and Armys are also the ones crying here about how their fave's "organic hits" deserved :pepe-cringe:

Ahh, Kpoppies never change, your tears and bitterness is so amusing :pepe-joy:

• I was just saying both songs had more impact this year so they deserve to win but of course Armys would be on anyone's asses if it doesn't involve their faves, yikes.

• Um, paradis is just pointing out that Korean industry insiders seem to disagree and voted for BTS to win. It's a fact and it does involve their faves?

Don't bother, she/he thinks Korean industry insiders are Armys and that Kpop stans on the forum who aren't even Koreans and much less from the industry are better judges of what song deserves.

• Don't bother, she/he thinks Korean industry insiders are Armys and that Kpop stans on the forum who aren't even Koreans and much less from the industry are better judges of what song deserves.

Oh ones of those.

Yes, I see:

Random votes, pshhsttttttt. :pepe-hehe:

Pretty funny in light of your thread paradis which shows that the industry voted in the same manner in previous years.

Oh well, WBK that BTS doesn't have "GP" cause GP are apparently ARMY anyway and that supercedes it. Sending some purple hearts to those industry insiders now!

• Don't you think it is more impressive since it is random?

I mean they are asking random people in Korea which is the most impactful song this year and they are saying 'Butter'. Now this is what shows impact.

76 out of 200 randomly chosen people said 'Butter'. Now that tells which song is more impactful in Korea.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!