Allkpop Confessions thread

• I'm scared of ignorance and how it affects my actions and hurts others.

• omg vs nct comeback today is actually interesting. they are stirring up melon searches.

• i seriously think that digitals of songs should be given a higher chunk rather than physical sales for ALL music shows.

we'll see which songs are legit bops/hits and not just carried by physical sales by week and not win any week after. :eyes:

• Everytime BTS collabs with an artist I like, I know it is a song I will never listen to. The few times I have given them the benefit of the doubt, I realize they propel the song to incredible numbers (and maybe their fans get to discover new artists thanks to that), but they bring nothing else. It's like they are there just to show off their popularity.

Also the fact they never say anything about the famous enlistment delay law but seem to be ready to take full advantage of it, just shows they feel fully entitled about it. Another facade that comes crashing down when it comes to them.

• aight so honestly I might look great on the outside but yea I tend to be a degen..

also I draw smut but since this is anon... yea

also if you do find me don't ask for an art piece I will actively turn you down.

• I really hate when BTS talks about or mentions their diets. Like, I really don't want to hear about you starving yourself. It makes me so upset.

I'm trying to watch their most recent vlive about Butter and Jungkook mentions early on that he didn't eat anything for 5 days for the mv. He only drank water. Completely ruined my mood. I'm finding it difficult to get through this vlive now. I don't want to hear that. I don't want to know that. As someone who struggles with weight/eating and has had body dysmorphia in the past, it's so awful to hear things like that. It makes me really uncomfortable. Jimin has a tendency to say things like this too. I really wish they would keep these things to themselves.

I know it's probably a Korean society thing and it's normal to talk about these extreme diets but I wish someone would tell them how harmful it can be to talk about it so publicly. The only one who I can think of that has talked about this topic in a healthy way is Namjoon.

• it's common in the body building industry to starve yourself to have better definition of muscles. so it's better to show off the abs.

no pain no gain. starving yourself to show off your muscles is different from starving yourself from feelings of worthlessness.

• it's common in the body building industry to starve yourself to have better definition of muscles. so it's better to show off the abs.

no pain no gain. starving yourself to show off your muscles is different from starving yourself from feelings of worthlessness.

He's not showing abs anywhere in the MV though.

• I want to talk to more people on here but im way too shy and I just stick to the people I know

• Some fandoms make it really difficult to get into the artist. It sucks, because these said artists have really amazing songs, but some of the fans in the fandom are just too toxic for my liking.

• I really hate when BTS talks about or mentions their diets. Like, I really don't want to hear about you starving yourself. It makes me so upset.

I'm trying to watch their most recent vlive about Butter and Jungkook mentions early on that he didn't eat anything for 5 days for the mv. He only drank water. Completely ruined my mood. I'm finding it difficult to get through this vlive now. I don't want to hear that. I don't want to know that. As someone who struggles with weight/eating and has had body dysmorphia in the past, it's so awful to hear things like that. It makes me really uncomfortable. Jimin has a tendency to say things like this too. I really wish they would keep these things to themselves.

I know it's probably a Korean society thing and it's normal to talk about these extreme diets but I wish someone would tell them how harmful it can be to talk about it so publicly. The only one who I can think of that has talked about this topic in a healthy way is Namjoon.

I don't stan bts, but I understand where you're coming from. I would never comment on anyone's weight, and I really do try to never comment on anyone's diet either, but it really does bother me when the group I stan talks about eating one tiny meal a day or not eating at all like it's a normal diet. The people in my fandom say that we shouldn't comment on it because it's rude and we don't know their bodies or their needs, and while that is true, I wish we could address the way casually talking about eating like that could encourage and normalize those kind of habits in the young children that stan these idols. And I'm conflicted over that too, because I'm not the type to say that an idol needs to censor what they say or do because of their fanbase, but I just really think it's lowkey promoting unhealthy and harmful behavior.

Sorry if that was a mess, it's something that's genuinely been bothering me for a while too, but I haven't seen a lot of other fans address it. I guess that's because it is normal to talk about those type of extreme diets in the kpop industry, and then probably in Korean society too, like you said.

• lmao ok so I hate the fact that people like to tell me what to do but legit sometimes I have no real right to refuse it so I'll probably make a voodoo doll of them later.

• I don't stan bts, but I understand where you're coming from. I would never comment on anyone's weight, and I really do try to never comment on anyone's diet either, but it really does bother me when the group I stan talks about eating one tiny meal a day or not eating at all like it's a normal diet. The people in my fandom say that we shouldn't comment on it because it's rude and we don't know their bodies or their needs, and while that is true, I wish we could address the way casually talking about eating like that could encourage and normalize those kind of habits in the young children that stan these idols. And I'm conflicted over that too, because I'm not the type to say that an idol needs to censor what they say or do because of their fanbase, but I just really think it's lowkey promoting unhealthy and harmful behavior.

Sorry if that was a mess, it's something that's genuinely been bothering me for a while too, but I haven't seen a lot of other fans address it. I guess that's because it is normal to talk about those type of extreme diets in the kpop industry, and then probably in Korean society too, like you said.

Yeah, that's exactly why I'm conflicted about it too. What idols do with their bodies isn't any of my business because I don't know them personally nor am I a dietitian. And I don't want idols to feel like they can't ever talk about their diets, but there has to be a better way to go about it you know?

• Some fandoms make it really difficult to get into the artist. It sucks, because these said artists have really amazing songs, but some of the fans in the fandom are just too toxic for my liking.

Bruh then you are not there for music but fandom ship.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!