Jessi: Racist Homophobic and no apology?

• dis from like when i was born homie

i was literally a fetus

*looks at calendar*

:nct25:

I WAS ZERO YEARS OLD I WAS A TEENIE WEENIE LIL BABY LITERALLY A MONTH OLD

IM SIXTEEN YEARS OLD NOW

• I think this has been discussed numerous times on various forums including AKP.

And based on what I recall people saying it's ancient.I

Well has she apologized? Also, 2005 is not ancient enough to not be racist.

• I've always found Jessi a bit cringe, but...

Mind you this was 2005-2006. "Gay" was being thrown around as a synonym for "lame" and nobody cared, as sad as that is. We've come a long way as a society. Lots of the people who are such advocates for equality today were using that word like it was no big deal back then. I just think it's sad to see how no one cared until it became mainstream to stop using it.

You might be too young to know about that, though.

how bout the n-word didn't know that was cool :clown:

• luv how im the only person freaking out that i was barely born when this happened :pepecute:

• I've always found Jessi a bit cringe, but...

Mind you this was 2005-2006. "Gay" was being thrown around as a synonym for "lame" and nobody cared, as sad as that is. We've come a long way as a society. Lots of the people who are such advocates for equality today were using that word like it was no big deal back then. I just think it's sad to see how no one cared until it became mainstream to stop using it.

You might be too young to know about that, though.

Please don't say the g-word if you are not g-word

You need to reflect

• Outdated

and never acknowledged, so till something changes I wish people would not excuse racism and homphobia.

• Well has she apologized? Also, 2005 is not ancient enough to not be racist.

Well I do agree. But the majority says otherwise, sorry.

Cancelling Jessi too now is kinda won't work since her career depends mostly on Korea and Koreans probably doesn't give a fvck about this. If we international pips cancel her altogether, I don't think it would change her career tbh.

• it's just the way the hoods and ghettos talk in america back in the days. nothing racist or homophobic about it.

really? I didn't know Jessi was from the hood...... :eyes:

• it's just the way the hoods and ghettos talk in america back in the days. nothing racist or homophobic about it.

If those tweets are true, they’re dripping with racist and homophobia remarks. Blaming slang in order to justify her choice of words isn’t it.

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• Look, this is really crap. I hope if this is real and she gets publically called out for it, she would address it and explain that she regrets the way she used to talk and that she knows it doesn’t fly.

But, honestly 2005, 2006? She was 17? Do you think she is the same person now as she was then? That was half her life ago nearly!

And I cannot express just how common this sort of idiot language was when people in their thirties now was when we were growing up, particularly amongst try-hard teenagers. Totally unnaceptable now that we’ve all learned more, really f*cking stupid then, but absolutely EVERYWHERE and amongst most of the people who may have used to behave that way, not something they would ever dream of doing now or tolerate in others.

Is she still doing it now? Personally, I judge adults by their behaviour as adults.

Reasonable to expect her to clarify that she knows this sort of thing was dumb as all hell and massively offensive and apologise for it, sure, but the fact that it was 2005 DOES actually make a difference to a certain extent.

• ultraaviolet

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Yes, I would like to see some clarification. But best answer imo

• really? I didn't know Jessi was from the hood...... :eyes:

have you ever lived in urban area or the hoods in america? ever grew up with black folks in the 90's and early 2000's? if not, then keep your opinions to yourself. that's how young folks talk back in the days before SJW and being woke were a thing.

• If these tweets are indeed true, I’m disappointed. But this was from years ago, and jessi could have very well changed. With that being said, I do think that if this truly was her doing, it’s shouldn’t be brushed under the rug or dismissed like no big deal. Not only are these “tweets” reeking of horrible homophobia, but her usage of the n-word, like in any case like this, is seriously unacceptable. That’s just my honest two cents about it. Just because it happened a while back doesn’t make it right or okay. What said was still said (allegedly), and that is no light matter.

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• whatever you believe. Point is the passing of time doesn’t erase what has happened

She wasn't even a celebrity, get over it. Yall act like saints whenever a celebrity past resurfaces when they are Young, I bet yall said way worse shit than her when you were her age.

• I mean. Not that I condone this behavior, but this had been raised and discussed before I believe. I mean it was 15 years ago, where this type of language and behavior were acceptable and normalized. To judge a person of being racist or homophobic, he/she must of repeat offense and behavior. The question is, is she still doing it today? Have she done it more than once?

To be honest, after the Giselle incident, I went on youtube and shocked at how many kpop problematic behavior happened in the past. I was about to make a thread like you do now, but in the end I think it was a bad idea. Many incidents had been discussed and most of them happen long time ago. Most of them did not offer an apology because of the time and the environment they were in.

I say this as I observed the whole Giselle happen in the past few days. People question why these idols gone on without any repercussion to their career even though they don't apologize. It doesn't mean people will forget them, most of them will get drag If something similar happen to an idol. So, this is in away is their punishment. The stigma of being problematic will go with them as long as they are in the entertainment industry.

• This thread contains 177 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!