UPDATE: YG and Lisa DID NOT take the Money! Lisa not going to perform in Thailand for NYE.

• Per Naver. It doesn’t look like YG has confirmed it, but it may hold some weight since A Korean site mentioned it.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

리사·러셀 크로…태국, 11월 재개방 앞두고 유명 스타 '홍보전'
    리사, 푸껫서 신년맞이 공연…SNS서 태국 언급 크로에 정부 '홍보 대사' 감사 (방콕=연합뉴스) 김남권 특파원 = 내달 1일 한국을 비롯한 46개국을 대상으로 한 국경 재개방을 앞두고 태국 정부가 K팝 스타와 할리
    n.news.naver.com

If this is true, a lot of thai people will be angry at Lisa again. Apparently, the Thai government is putting tourism ahead of vaccinating their people. There are a lot of delta cases in Thailand right now made worst by distributing ineffective vaccines.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If this is true, a lot of thai people will be angry at Lisa again. Apparently, the Thai government is putting tourism ahead of vaccinating their people. There are a lot of delta cases in Thailand right now made worst by distributing ineffective vaccines.

Can you or Thai folks elaborate on this?

I'm under the impression its not budget issue but vaccine shortage.

• I don't want thai ppl to get mad at her. YG needs to be careful with these things.

for sure. If YG care about Lisa’s career, their company’s image in Thailand (its already bad since every Thai news outlet reported on the Bvlgari CEO incident), and the Thai gp opinion, they should refuse. Unless they want that quick buck.

• Can you or Thai folks elaborate on this?

I'm under the impression its not budget issue but vaccine shortage.

From what I understand from this post, they have vaccine shortages and bad and ineffective vaccines getting distributed by the government. Thailand currently has 10k covid cases per day (honestly, it’s not bad by Florida standards. They have 70 million people with 10k cases per day when Florida peak covid has 6k cases per day with 21 million people).

• I doubt it is true. YG's favorite excuse is covid and now suddenly it isn't?

I will only believe it when YG confirms it and then I hope they change their mind.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• External Content twitter.com

From what I understand from this post, they have vaccine shortages and bad and ineffective vaccines getting distributed by the government. Thailand currently has 10k covid cases per day (honestly, it’s not bad by Florida standards. They have 70 million people with 10k cases per day when Florida peak covid has 6k cases per day with 21 million people).

Pretty much same situation as with almost everywhere in Asia I guess. Chronic mRNA vaccines shortage and resulting in a lot of governments going for the more available Sinovac instead. Heck I only got my first dose last week!!

Understandably the GP are pissed with the government but the situation for the folks whose livelihood depends on tourism are pretty dire too. Phuket's practically a ghost town now.

I hope Lisa gets good advice from her Thai friends to aid her decision.

• I'm pretty sure she will accept the offer, Lisa is Thai and after 1 Nov there pretty much no travel restriction anymore, I think she wanna visit her family too.

also this is government who request her not just another concert in Thailand, if you want to do business in Thailand, pretty sure you don't want a bad relationship with authorities.

• Some of y’all were complaining that YG doesn’t allow her to fly to Thailand… now you don’t want her to go because of the Covid issues they still have…. Which is interesting, cause when I mentioned it as a possible reason why she hasn’t been to Thailand since Covid I was told making excuses…………

• Some of y’all were complaining that YG doesn’t allow her to fly to Thailand… now you don’t want her to go because of the Covid issues they still have…. Which is interesting, cause when I mentioned it as a possible reason why she hasn’t been to Thailand since Covid I was told making excuses…………

at this rate, I'm not sure who is the one who sabotage Lisa .. her fans or YG ?

:wellr::wellr::wellr:

• she still has a say no? She has a lot of friends and family in Thailand so she knows what’s up. If she can’t say no or she doesn’t have the right to say no, then her fans were right that she’s held hostage at YGE

I don't think we should jump to that conclusion based on twitter.

Their government really f'ed up badly with their vaccine roll out hence the GP is pissed but emotions aside, alot of folks dependent on tourism is suffering (even pre-covid were bad due to the rising baht) and the sector really needs a kickstart.

Even if Lisa doesn't participate, someone else that may have less impact would. Isn't that a more inefficient use of funds?

From what I have seen, this seems more about the public reception from Thai citizens.

We all knew the controversy regarding Lisa not speaking up during the protests last year and now she's rumored to make a public appearance sponsored by the government who currently seem to be mishandling the vaccine situation reported by news outlet and Thai citizens on social networks, that's not an ideal situation to want Lisa getting involved with. It's different if she is going for a personal visit.

We'll see what happens though, it just seems ignorant and stupid of her to go if the reports are true but I'm not Thai so I don't know the severity of a potential backlash if the reports are confirmed.

Lisa could have gone to Thailand. Your excuse was that she couldn't go cuz of Covid. And now it looks like she could be going now that money has been put down.

You think that if the Thai government had asked YGE for her to come to this function for free YGE would have agreed?....Am sure the covid excuse would have been used here again.

We all know YGE gets a cut from the appearance fee.... And if you think that wasn't enough for them to agree to this then i don't know what to tell you.

• imagine paying a celebrity millions of dollars for a 45 minute performance when you have people in your country getting sick and dying because they weren’t provided with the right and effective vaccines.

ah okay I got it

edit: our government is also like that, but we blame government and bash them tbh not the celeb or any other thing they do, but I understand them

• at this rate, I'm not sure who is the one who sabotage Lisa .. her fans or YG ?

:wellr::wellr::wellr:

No… I’m just petty right now, cause people are using Thailands Covid issue as to why it’s not a good idea for her to fly over there…… which is what I have mentioned several times in the past as possible reasons ( even posted stats)

I personally just try to make sense to what is happening cause YG sucks in communicating with fans….

But at first I’m called someone making excuses. How am I making excuses, I’m just someone trying to see through all possibilities as to why certain things are happening and if none of them fits… than I agree YG being incompetent again.. but my guess has been right several times already.

• From what I have seen, this seems more about the public reception from Thai citizens.

We all knew the controversy regarding Lisa not speaking up during the protests last year and now she's rumored to make a public appearance sponsored by the government who currently seem to be mishandling the vaccine situation reported by news outlet and Thai citizens on social networks, that's not an ideal situation to want Lisa getting involved with. It's different if she is going for a personal visit.

We'll see what happens though, it just seems ignorant and stupid of her to go if the reports are true but I'm not Thai so I don't know the severity of a potential backlash if the reports are confirmed.

The issues in Thailand has been strong for a long time now… not just Covid, but they were also criticizing her for not speaking up on political issues. It was just not the right time for her to be there or even perform.

I don’t like the idea of her performing there either. The incidents are rising and the government is messing with their own people. I’m afraid they would come after her, it’s her hometown, it’s the last place I want people to think badly of her.

• imagine paying a celebrity millions of dollars for a 45 minute performance when you have people in your country getting sick and dying because they weren’t provided with the right and effective vaccines.

They will so use it against her, they were already mad she didn’t spoke up on their political issues.

Lisa is fully vaccinated, she got it in Korea… now imagine seeing her being paid that much by the government to just perform while her own people are being scammed by the government.

It’s not Lisa’s fault…. But they will blame her. I hope that won’t be the case of course, but if she goes and they really don’t take it well, mentally prepare yourself, cause even anti’s will use it against her.

• Lisa could have gone to Thailand. Your excuse was that she couldn't go cuz of Covid. And now it looks like she could be going now that money has been put down.

You think that if the Thai government had asked YGE for her to come to this function for free YGE would have agreed?....Am sure the covid excuse would have been used here again.

We all know YGE gets a cut from the appearance fee.... And if you think that wasn't enough for them to agree to this then i don't know what to tell you.

I don’t get you here sorry… but if you ain’t willing to pay a world star like Lisa to attend your event, I wouldn’t have send her either. Because she is also getting half of it, not just YG.

The Covid excuse was only once for Milan and Lisa wasn’t the only ambassador who didn’t attend.

Back to YG probably agreeing to this because of money…. Yeah bad idea, money is great, but think of Lisa’s image, after being accused of letting her own people down for not speaking up on political issues (which is not her job), she now is about to attend an event sponsored by the government who refuses to spend a dime on their normal citizens…. I can see YG lacking the awareness here…..

• she still has a say no? She has a lot of friends and family in Thailand so she knows what’s up. If she can’t say no or she doesn’t have the right to say no, then her fans were right that she’s held hostage at YGE

I doubt Lisa has much of a say at all when it comes to things like this.

Thai is a A list celebrity in Thailand if the gp starts dragging her it would not be good for her

If she was traveling to see her family no one will have baited an eye but she will get paid million dollars for a 45 minutes performance when the whole country is suffering

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!