You are lying if you tell me that you would stan an ugly idol for their vocals.

• which one are you icy? :/

I'm a

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm a

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hi I'm pervy sage nice to meet you creep!!!! lol

• hi I'm pervy sage nice to meet you creep!!!! lol

Less creepy than this

• Less creepy than this

it's actually a great song if you don't think too hard about the lyrics

• thsi is true, i used to be one of those annoying ppl that think i liked kpop for the talent but i had a talk with myself one night and i realised that what if hyunjin looked like changbin??? then it became clear that i like hyunjin bcos he is good looking and has nice hair, not bcos he is a super singer. and that is okay, appearances are the most important thing no matter what ppl say, we just need to be honest about it :joy:

• it's actually a great song if you don't think too hard about the lyrics

The not creepy remake

• every time you comment something my respect for you grows. yes this is the sixth hole in my argument.

Which is absolutely NOT to say I think he’s remotely unattractive. I’ve found babyfaced baritones attractive for close to 45 years now, starting with the original PW.

• JYP gets flack for being an idol vocally but half air half sound is actually not that bogus. I understand why he is doing it but I hate it technique wise because it is bad.

For me Indian music is actually very interesting. Carnatic music is very unique and I find it quite interesting with vocal dynamics. It is also very diverse region wise. The different languages -- I find Malayalam very difficult to understand how the vocals are working but Bengali, Tamil, even Hindi are easier for me to see.

The thing is that there's different techniques with the more islamic style being mixed in. Some of the best singing I've heard is in Hindu devotional songs and I've combed through bhajans to listen. It's really hard for me to search them because I don't know how to write in any Indian script, however I've been able to somehow pick up Hindi and Marathi and understand it. Only day to day speaking, pure Hindu is quite difficult.

Kinda hoping to understand some Konkani(?) there's some really good singers there....Tamil Nadu has some crazy good devotional singers but I don't think I will be able to understand Tamil. Then I'll try following some Islamic-inspired singers. Bollywood mixing is a mess but independent singers and early old Bollywood is a gem.

have u heard a r rahman songs (he's got the carnatic music influence)

i think u would love it

for bengali, u can check out rabindranath tagore songs

this one is my fave

External Content www.youtube.com

also, this one is :borahae:

External Content www.youtube.com

bts-jeon-jungkook.gif     bts-jeon-jungkook.gif

tipsy tetetete

• I don't care about idols visuals like that. I remember many times my sister tried to get me into kpop by showing me all the beautiful guys available in the industry but she failed. Despite their attractiveness I just didn't like the music.

Before kpop I was into rock and indie music almost exclusively. I never used to watch Mvs, I actually wasn't aware they even had Mvs.

I only listened to audios and what would happen is I would fall in love with the vocals so much, I'd start to get curious about how the singer looked. In my mind I used to think there's no way a person who sings like this isn't freaking hot. Then I'd search them up and their face would be💀💀 :eyes:.

I used to be a huge Ed Sheeran fan before he blew up. I loved his vocals and thought this dude must be incredibly attractive. There's no way he isn't. I looked him up and, sorry and no offense to him, I was incredibly disappointed. I was low key heartbroken. Not that he's ugly but he's very plain looking. I thought it was just the lighting on his album cover but uh no, it wasn't. This happened so many times that I had no choice but to reevaluate some thoughts I had about life.

From then on visuals have been a background thing when it comes to me liking artists.

• But being ugly is relative. Someone might look ugly to you and attractive to someone else so this theory can not be tested.

Anyway, I don't think anyone, or let's say many, would stan someone purely for their vocals if they didn't at least like the music too. This is why I don't understand this gotcha argument "if you care so much about vocals then why don't you stan x or y too?" well, because I don't like their music lol.

• 2yr

Closed the thread.
  • yet another reminder :

Ves

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!