Why do people believe criticizing someone = bullying them or hating on them?

• I find it beyond silly that if you criticize a group or idol (a lot of times not even in a rude way) people say/think you are bullying them or hating on them, i think we have reached a time where people can't even say anything unless is 100% positive or suddenly you are a troll or a hater or a bully, i only think can be considered bullying if you leave such comments in the idol's instagram page or something but when people raises criticism in public forums and you are still called a bully or hate them i think that's wrong and silly :mads:

• Because 99% of the time it's never "I don't like this." it's "This is fucking garbage. The actual worst. Anyone who likes this is a fucking idiot who should die."

• its because it makes it easier to hate on someone if you can easily dismiss them as a hater or troll plus you don't have to actually address the valid criticisms they are making that way :wellr:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• I think there's an element of: if the person really is a hater or a troll, then their criticism is meaningless (because they're just trolling, they don't even mean it). Which means you don't have to actually engage with the issues they raise; you can just dismiss them out of hand.

Which is easier than actually having a discussion.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Unsolicited criticism is bullying in any workplace actually.

You are not entitled to giving criticism unless specifically asked.

Ofc when the person is a celebrity we blur these rules because they’re public figures. But don’t assume criticism is not bullying. In many workplaces it is in fact considered bullying and mental trauma.

• AKP users being hypocrites?

Pikachu Meme GIFs | Tenor

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Unsolicited criticism is bullying in any workplace actually.

You are not entitled to giving criticism unless specifically asked.

Ofc when the person is a celebrity we blur these rules because they’re public figures. But don’t assume criticism is not bullying. In many workplaces it is in fact considered bullying and mental trauma.

What a claim.

At the very best, that's an extremely regional thing, because I know that "unsolicited criticism" from, say, your boss on subpar work would not count as "bullying and mental trauma" in the States.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• What a claim.

At the very best, that's an extremely regional thing, because I know that "unsolicited criticism" from, say, your boss on subpar work would not count as "bullying and mental trauma" in the States.

Yes it actually does. If they do your HR isn’t good enough and your industry needs to catch up to the new ways.

There is now a new rule of only positive re enforcement and “growth areas”. You cannot outright criticize someone.

I’m talking the biggest tech companies of the world Google/Apple/Netflix etc they’ve all adapted this. Basically criticism does nothing for a person and when you’re paying people as much as these ppl do (and they pay the most) you want to improve productivity. And a boss is actually not a “boss” someone who should facilitate that.

• I don’t really have one. Tbh this is just an opinion many seem to have, like “ong kids these days are so sensitive!! I should be able to tell people they are shit at something” I don’t care. If OP or anyone wants to complain about an issue that to me is non-existent then they should feel free.

"I don't really have one"

proceeds to say your opinion

:pepe-life-support:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• It was me explaining why I don’t care, which also meant that I care :clown: whos doing it like me

only the clowns are :pepe-toast:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Because 99% of the time it's never "I don't like this." it's "This is fucking garbage. The actual worst. Anyone who likes this is a fucking idiot who should die."

maybe on twitter, but here I rearely see comment slike that and people still react in the same way like OP describes it

• Criticism, fine. Things like ‘I didn’t really like the Bridge of this song. It made the song feel a bit disjointed, in my opinion.’ Or ‘I’ve noticed sometimes this idol struggles to stay on key or sustain their notes. I wonder if their company could provide more vocal training.’

Those sorts of things are fair criticism.

But SO much of the time now, people cross into crazy over-exaggerations.

‘God, they sound like a dying cat and their visuals don’t even hold up to other idols.’

- that sort of thing is unfair/unhelpful criticism and often crosses into targeted online hate.

• I'll never understand why anyone would value or care about the constructive criticism or opinion of some random person on the internet. The real problem is that the ability to say what u think and feel in places like this forum or twitter, etc, allows people to be abnormally hateful because there are no repercussions.

90% of people would never say what they so freely say on the internet in person, that itself is cause not to take it seriously.

• maybe on twitter, but here I rearely see comment slike that and people still react in the same way like OP describes it

My example was hyperbole, but it does happen on this site. There are plenty of people who will drag a group for simply existing or insult the fandom for no reason in the course of trying to "criticize" something.

• My example was hyperbole, but it does happen on this site. There are plenty of people who will drag a group for simply existing or insult the fandom for no reason in the course of trying to "criticize" something.

I'm not denying that, AKP is not an angelic heaven ^^" but I still see it often enough that people say something harmless and others take it out of context with ill intent and make it in something really bad

• I find it beyond silly that if you criticize a group or idol (a lot of times not even in a rude way) people say/think you are bullying them or hating on them, i think we have reached a time where people can't even say anything unless is 100% positive or suddenly you are a troll or a hater or a bully, i only think can be considered bullying if you leave such comments in the idol's instagram page or something but when people raises criticism in public forums and you are still called a bully or hate them i think that's wrong and silly :mads:

A lot of people don't give constructive criticism with good intentions. Which is why it is seen as people just trying to tear someone or something down.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Let’s face it, many Kpop fans don’t even really know what constructive criticism is.

Constructive criticism is the balance between pointing out the flaws but also mentioning the good.

But what I often see is just pointing out the bad and call it a day.

Tbh I don’t understand why some feel the need to “criticize“ Groups they aren’t even stanning in the first place.

• THIS^^^

Edgelord comments are not criticism. They are pot shots made for cheap laughs

• Yes it actually does. If they do your HR isn’t good enough and your industry needs to catch up to the new ways.

There is now a new rule of only positive re enforcement and “growth areas”. You cannot outright criticize someone.

I’m talking the biggest tech companies of the world Google/Apple/Netflix etc they’ve all adapted this. Basically criticism does nothing for a person and when you’re paying people as much as these ppl do (and they pay the most) you want to improve productivity. And a boss is actually not a “boss” someone who should facilitate that.

lmao as someone in the tech industry this is not a good thing

someone is doing a shit job they better be told so before it makes its way into writing and they are just fired

Bc of people like that companies have actually stopped verbal warning and criticism, now they just start a paper trail. People lose their job out of nowhere and they have no idea where the fuck they went wrong or how to fix it so they wont be let go in the next place too

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I believe i never see constructive criticism here or in other platforms. All is: "yours fave flop, cant sing, cant dance, my faves sell more, sing better, etc, etc. With this topics and the type of people that discusses these subjects what else you can expect? In my opinion Kpop is so silly that is only room for dumb people and hate.

• lmao as someone in the tech industry this is not a good thing

someone is doing a shit job they better be told so before it makes its way into writing and they are just fired

Bc of people like that companies have actually stopped verbal warning and criticism, now they just start a paper trail. People lose their job out of nowhere and they have no idea where the fuck they went wrong or how to fix it so they wont be let go in the next place too

Gotta disagree. The cut throat way of the 2000s tech industry was trash. When so many sites and apps were coming up and people were treated as disposable. I think it’s for the better. Since I joined a couple of years back the trend has been to be more humane and I’m glad about it.

There is a lot of studies to show positive affirmation is the way to go.

Disagree as someone in the tech industry that this prevents people from understanding that they are doing a shit job. There are ways a plenty to communicate that without being an asshole and while also using positive reinforcement. The point is not to never say anything negative, but to balance feedback to point out both positives and negatives, because very rarely is anything every all bad or all good. Taking a balanced approach is always better than just focusing on the only the bad aspects.

• Gotta disagree. The cut throat way of the 2000s tech industry was trash. When so many sites and apps were coming up and people were treated as disposable. I think it’s for the better. Since I joined a couple of years back the trend has been to be more humane and I’m glad about it.

Agree 100%

• Gotta disagree. The cut throat way of the 2000s tech industry was trash. When so many sites and apps were coming up and people were treated as disposable. I think it’s for the better. Since I joined a couple of years back the trend has been to be more humane and I’m glad about it.

Before the change I helped our interns to go from 4/10 to 10/10 and actually get recommendation for other jobs

Now they are let go without a reason or guidance

People are being treated alot more disposable now than before

We dont give a fuck to help them improve, we just kick hem out nad bring in the next one

• This seems to be a you problem. I’ve handled interns and a lot of them learnt a lot from me when I got down to their level and allowed them to make mistakes and learn from it with positive affirmation.

This was was easier on my mind and theirs.

• We dont give a fuck to help them improve, we just kick hem out nad bring in the next one

I think the company you are in needs to re-examine it's practices then if this is the case.

We give a ton of feedback to our interns, good along with the bad. All of mine have personally gone on to be successful in this industry and I was able to do it giving feedback, both positive and negative, but always to help them grow with positive reinforcement. People need to hear what they are doing right too. I find that encouragement to be priceless.

I have thank you cards from some of them even after the internship ended ;(

• There is no such thing as "constructive criticism" on an internet forum like this. How can you be "constructive" when the person receiving the criticism isnt even here??

Constructive criticism is given by teachers, mentors, coaches, colleagues, managers, etc. No one here is interacting with an idol and pointing out stuff they did wrong. All criticism here is either someone wanting to hate on a rival idol, or trolling, or at best, just wanting to vent an opinion.

If you want to constructively criticize an idol, go to Korea and get a job at the label and go ham on them.

Happened to my bff, she worked part time at a Apple Store, they fired her after just 6 months. When she asked what she did wrong they refused to tell her. Happened 2 years ago, but to this day she sometimes get mad thinking of it. Was just a Job to earn some extra money while studying, but still…. This policy is stupid and leaves people even more insecure when they get transferred to a lower position or fired and they don’t know why.

Criticism at your work place is necessary when you do mistakes that are causing harm to your colleagues or company. People should learn to take criticism, only so can you improve yourself. Of course being criticized even though you did nothing wrong can be considered bullying if happens regularly.

• Disagree as someone in the tech industry that this prevents people from understanding that they are doing a shit job. There are ways a plenty to communicate that without being an asshole and while also using positive reinforcement. The point is not to never say anything negative, but to balance feedback to point out both positives and negatives, because very rarely is anything every all bad or all good. Taking a balanced approach is always better than just focusing on the only the bad aspects.

Give credit when credit is due, when someone does sth well its always noted and appreciated

but I fail to see how is company rating sheet where I rate people from 1-10 is more humane than just telling them by words which areas they can work on to get better

Also this isnt just an implementation in my company, its here in most companies atleast in my city as far as we have contacts. The worst part is my niche is close knitted and alot of these bosses talk to each other. Even if they arent criticizing someone to their face, they sure as hell do behind their back.

When someone gets fired, they essentially get blacklisted. I much rather use my words and tell someone how to improve instead of rating them 2/10 by weekly per company policy and literally killing their career.

Happened to my bff, she worked part time at a Apple Store, they just fired her after 6 months. When she asked what she did wrong they refused to tell her. Happened 2 years ago, but till this day she sometimes get mad thinking of it. Was just a Job to earn some extra money while studying, but still…. This policy is stupid and leaves people even more insecure when they get transferred to a lower position or fired.

Criticism at your work place is necessary when you do mistakes that are causing harm to your colleagues or company. People should learn to take criticism, only so can you improve yourself. Of course being criticized even though you did nothing wrong can be considered bullying if happens regularly.

That the thing

Personally only one intern I had to deal with was let go before even the contract was finishes

She emailed me 3 times, asking me to tell her the reason and I just cants

My heart hurts bc she thinks it might be bc of her disability( she laughed uncontrollably and unconsciously due to her conditions) and its far from the truth. Her disability was never a problem or sth that got in her way of work.

• This thread contains 27 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!