GP999 Lineup Analysis: Points vs Votes (how lineup would be if fair voting)

• Got this from reddit

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• I'm assuming votes is literally votes like how many people voted, and points is depending on whether it is Korean or international votes it translates into points? If I'm wrong someone correct me.
    • Dayeon actually has the lowest number of votes, but manage to get enough points to Rank 4. This shows the power of Korean votes since I believe majority of her fanbase is from Koreans and shows the power of each single Korean vote that even with the least number of total votes you can enough points to rank even higher than people who have almost x2 of your votes like Mashiro and XiaoTing
    • Bahi getting a lot more votes than Chaehyun but is rank 2, means she has a huge international fanbase voting for her this time round. Chaehyun's Korean fanbase got her to No.1
    • Mashiro and XiaoTing are examples of not having that huge of a Korean fanbase voting for her 1 pick, probably like we all know because Koreans only vote for Koreans. They have roughly similar votes to Yujin/Youngeun but rank much lower.
    • Suyeon almost won XiaoTing even with literally 200k less voters than XiaoTing, simply because a lot of Koreans vote her (Koreans voting Koreans like we all already know)
    • Yaning and RuiQi, having over 400k voters, almost 200k more than Dayeon who is ranked 3, did not make it because of the lack of Korean votes

If the lineup is PURELY BASED ON TOTAL NUMBER OF VOTES, the lineup would be

1. Huening Bahiyyih
    2. Sakamoto Mashiro
    3. Choi Yujin
    4. Seo Youngeun
    5. Shen XiaoTing
    6. Fu Yaning
    7. Su Ruiqi
    8. Ezaki Hikaru
    9. Kim Chaehyun

The difference would be Su RuiQi and Fu Yaning will replace Kim Dayeon and Kang Yeseo. Even Suyeon would rank higher than Dayeon if we do purely votes wise. This is how the lineup could have been if there wasn't any bias voting by giving Korean votes weigh more, and having the lineup done by pure votes

:siptear::siptear::siptear:

I lowkey would prefer this lineup ngl

• icyruios

Changed the title of the thread from “GP999 Lineup Analysis: Points vs Votes” to “GP999 Lineup Analysis: Points vs Votes (how lineup would be if fair voting)”.
  • i rather take SRQ and Yaning than Dayeon and Yeseo tbh..

And #1 of the show is in fact #9 by votes ..

I bet there wont be any other show as messy as this.

#4 will not even debut because actual votes are one of the lowest

• Yaning having enough votes to debut but getting screwed because of the ugly ratio bout to turn me into the joker.

Mnet you are never seeing the gates of heaven I will make sure of it.

• patheticccc

and this seriously screams rigged in terms of the way Dayeon has just 219k votes

that's less than 12 other trainees!!!!

MNET :pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• if there wasn't any bias voting by giving Korean votes weigh more

I don't find it shocking, the show is broadcast primarily for Korea, the group will probably make a career in Korea as well. Kpop is first and foremost a Korean industry. I find it normal that the opinion of Koreans is taken more into account since it is them, who will be the main marketing targets of the group. :/

• I don't find it shocking, the show is broadcast primarily for Korea, the group will probably make a career in Korea as well. Kpop is first and foremost a Korean industry. I find it normal that the opinion of Koreans is taken more into account since it is them, who will be the main marketing targets of the group. :/

the problem was the show was a flop in Korea and their votes counted way to much since there weren't many korean voters in first place, even mnet was taken back since they released the interim ranks before finale, which never happened before, mnet probably expected 3x, maybe 4x or 5x but during the last evaluation was 10x and probably even more in finale seeing Dayeon's votes and her rank

• The lineup as is is not a total disaster - the three original centers making it in makes things less terrible that it could have been.

Wonder if all those TXT fans will actually show up with their money in the future.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!