My lovelies, as we all know that Seventeen is coming back with their 3rd Japanese single, Not Alone [Hitorijanai], on April 21st, which is not too far off.
I have taken this opportunity upon me to remind you guys of what happened last year with their Japanese promotions/ achievements— everybody say “thank you Donut” (just kidding!).
Flashback to Fallin Flower:
- When it ranked #1 on Billboard Hot 100 Japan and charting for more than 5 weeks (keep in mind that it’s very difficult to chart especially for a non-Japanese acts).
- They had the 4 highest Japanese singles first week sales.
- 550k+ billboard sales (3rd male act to ever achieve this feat after BTS and TVXQ).
- Fallin Flower is the MOST played song in Douyin’s history in China with 413M PLAYS.
The most essential thing to remember is how they are the 2ND FOREIGN ACT to surpass 300k+ sales in a week.
Along with being FIRST FOREIGN MALE ACT to surpass over 200k+ sales on first two singles.
Flashback to 24H:
- FIRST FOREIGN MALE ACT to hit 4 number ones with consecutive albums on Oricon Weekly chart.
- 3RD Foreign act to achieve this after Mariah Carey and Twice.
Let’s not forget the ground-breaking achievements for Heng:Garae album!
Remember how they broke a 42 years and 11 months HISTORICAL record in Japan by ranking #1 on Oricon charts for 3 consecutive years with Korean albums. Only 3RD FOREIGN MALE ACT to have achieved this since Simon & Garfunkel on 1971 and Bay City Rollers on 1977 in Japan.
Throw back to the time when SEVENTEEN became the FIRST foreign group to be #1 in two consecutive weeks on Oricon Weekly Album charts after 12 years and 8 months since Unbreakable by Backstreet Boys.
Let’s cheer for the more fresh and amazing music and groundbreaking achievements.
(I totally didn’t self-plagiarize from the other whom-you-do-not-name forum, so sorry for those who have read this all over again)