What if the GP999 interim results are just a Mnet play to get voters to vote for the lagging contestants.

• Maybe this list is spread by Mnet itself. So the fans of 1-9 members will get complacent. And fans of 9-18 will spend extra time to vote for their faves in 9-18 list.

Hard to believe they Mnet will not take Japanese and Chinese members in the group when they will definitely bring a lot of album sales and concert revenue. GP999 from what everyone have said is not doing that good in korea so there is no reason to have 8/9 korean members when you can have 5-6 who are the most popular for korean fanbase.

• the thing is Mnet couldnt rig the final votes this time due to past Produce scandal.

And their plan obviously backfired. Making it 50/50 for final only works if some koreans are willing to vote for C/J. But since the beginning of the show, they have been evil editing the C trainees and gave J trainees little to no screentime. Now, koreans arent even voting for them / not their one pick. The situation is like

K - Pool of 50% K votes + 16.7% I votes

J - Pool of 16.7% I votes

C - Pool of 16.7% I votes

Obviously mnet is releasing this interim result to get koreans to start voting for some C/J members while get the international voters to vote harder for C/J. International voters are too naive to spread their votes among C / J / K cause obviously with 50% of total votes going to K trainees, C /J have no chance unless 50% of the vote i.e. international goes all to them

• That’s exactly what’s happening. As much as Mnet favors Koreans, they don’t want the lineup to have literally no Chinese or Japanese in it

At the very least Mnet wants Xiaoting + 2/3 of Mashiro, Hikaru, & Yurina

• I wondered as well. What data or proof do we have that the interim ranking is even accurate? With all the shady things Mnet have done, I wouldn't put it past them to release a completely bogus interim ranking to stir up drama and swing votes a different way.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• no one likes a final group with 8 K girls, but no one wants their korean one pick out. So them releasing this won't help enough. Mnet already screwed up. I don't think this is possible to fix. If we're lucky this line up will have one japanese member and while I did vote for her, I don't think Xiaoting has a chance anymore when she has to go up from 16th to 9th, having to go up by +7 places.

• I'm going to be honest, I just see the fandoms from the top 9 girls more motivated to vote

tbh i think the bottom 3 spots in top 9 are still up for grabs. xiaoting mashiro and either yurina/hikaru can easily make it if even a fraction of the fans voting for k girls move their votes

who's your favorite artist?

• tbh i think the bottom 3 spots in top 9 are still up for grabs. xiaoting mashiro and either yurina/hikaru can easily make it if even a fraction of the fans voting for k girls move their votes

Yeah I think the votes are more evenly distributed than in other eliminations/voting (hopefully), as in a small difference can make a big change

Idk if I'm making sense

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

• I wondered as well. What data or proof do we have that the interim ranking is even accurate? With all the shady things Mnet have done, I wouldn't put it past them to release a completely bogus interim ranking to stir up drama and swing votes a different way.

Naw that’s definitely a conspiracy theory. Mnet wouldn’t put 8 Koreans on the top 9 in hopes of having more foreigners if foreigners were already decently represented in the top 9

And they def wouldn’t do it in hopes of the exact opposite lineup (8CJ1K) happening

• Naw that’s definitely a conspiracy theory. Mnet wouldn’t put 8 Koreans on the top 9 in hopes of having more foreigners if foreigners were already decently represented in the top 9

And they def wouldn’t do it in hopes of the exact opposite lineup (8CJ1K) happening

I just wouldn't put it past Mnet to put out completely inaccurate information just to stir up engagement for the finale.

I don't trust Mnet at all.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!