"Screw mental health, you need to prioritize being attractive first" - K-netizens

• Is what this Knetz is basically saying towards Jungyeon

Absolutely disgusting how shitty people like this can be. No empathy whatsoever, and then wonder why S-word rates are so high in their country

"I think being an idol is a very attractive career.. In any case, part of being an idol does require being seen and being judged by external appearances. I understand that this is because she is ill, but in the end, isn't it true that her physical appearance hasn't been taken care of that well? But everyone is protecting her for the sole reason that she is unwell, and she gets to promote thanks to the fans who love her. But regular, non-celebrity people still have to go to work everyday and get through everything alone, despite the fact that they are not exempt from such physical and psychological pains. For the non-celebrities, it's difficult to be respected in this manner no matter how difficult times may be."

1634492373-111.jpg

8A287132-59AC-4F39-BB85-7CBA5C971B74.jpeg

Thankfully most of them are supportive of her

"Hm...you do have to rest if you're unwell"

"How can someone be that beautiful though? Regardless of weight"

"Why are y'all speaking as if this is abnormal"

"I feel bad for her but if she's okay with her appearance in any form then it should be fine"

"Don't you think Jungyeon would be the most stressed one out of all from this situation?"

"Her facial features have stayed the same"

"I think there might be vicious cycle once you start getting depressed about your weight gain"

"She's glamorous!"

"I just want her to be happy"

"It's because she went through a neck injury and rested a lot due to anxiety issues. Please just leave her alone."

"When you start taking prescribed medication for psychological issues, you do gain about 10 kg in a month. This is natural."

"Wow....her eyes, nose, and lips are so pretty"

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/10/recent-photos-of-twices-jungyeon-both-shock-and-draw-empathy-from-netizens

• SHE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AND I'M READY TO FIGHT FOR HER :pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut:

I gained around 12kgs in my first month of being on anti-depressant and sleeping pills (and it took me way longer to go back to my original weight), do they have no idea how those work???

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

Changed the title of the thread from “Screw mental health, you need to prioritize being attractive first” to “"Screw mental health, you need to prioritize being attractive first" - K-netizens”.
  • But regular, non-celebrity people still have to go to work everyday and get through everything alone, despite the fact that they are not exempt from such physical and psychological pains. For the non-celebrities, it's difficult to be respected in this manner no matter how difficult times may be."

Then maybe you should start respecting non-celebrities regardless of what they look like? :huuh:

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Those people are disgusting. They can try to put millions buts and ifs in their sick arguments and still wouldn't make sense. Look at that comment trying to justify their hate by making it about discrimination against poor regular non-celebrity people.

I am glad they're the minorities though. I hope Jeongyeon only sees the positive comments which are the majority.

lt64IYu.gif

• Lmaoo calm down John Cena I only said she looks different due to her weight gain

I only asked you a question as I was wondering why your takeaway to everything said in the OP was to reply with that :) but I can clearly see what kind of person you are from both of your replies so we don't need to continue this conversation

Blow A Kiss GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

mKl7Ghm.png

• SHE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AND I'M READY TO FIGHT FOR HER :pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut:

I gained around 12kgs in my first month of being on anti-depressant and sleeping pills (and it took me way longer to go back to my original weight), do they have no idea how those work???

Plus she could have been prescribed antiinflammatory steroids for her neck injury, which are known to cause weight gain.

• Plus she could have been prescribed antiinflammatory steroids for her neck injury, which are known to cause weight gain.

Exactly

Yeah GIF - Nod John Cena Nodding - Discover & Share GIFs

And even if it's not due to any of that, even if she just wanted to eat a little more and treat herself - so freaking what. People are so cruel.

mKl7Ghm.png

• This is disgraceful. Who cares about an attractive face anyway? Mental Health is important for anybody and with comments like these, it's no wonder so many idols have mental health issues and take their own life. Some fans are just disgusting imo.

• The majority of the comments were positive tho (at least those comments akp decided to translate) so just fuck this one person...

It also kinda shows how mental health is still not take seriously in SK tho...everybody wishes the idols who chose to leave this world by their onw hands would have taken a break and focused on their mental well being but when the idols who are alive do it, there are still shitty people who write comments like this...smh

• This reminds me of Adele commenting recently that her body has always been objectified, not just recently with her noticeable weight loss. Like, people feel like this shit is up for public commentary (came across an article today crying about Adele's weight loss and how it personally affected the author. EYE ROLL).

Just leave her alone. We already know a lot about her condition -- including her being physically in pain due to a herniated disc -- and of course she needs to worry about her rest and following the doctor's orders for recovery more than ~looking perfect~ But she tries anyway because she still wants to be there for her ONCE. <3

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Lubby most people reported that article and wanted it down -- I don't know why foreign websites are posting it.

• Honestly, looking at the full length photos she looks perfectly average in weight. She just holds a bit of weight in her face, which still also looks perfectly average. I know average Korean size is tiny but by Western standards she's small/average and looks healthy.

• Irrelevant of everything, I hope she gets to a place where she is both healthy and happy. People who demand x,y,z from someone just because they're famous, seriously don't understand that we are all human.

• honestly I think it's just the dress on those photos...

if she would wear some t-shirt or top or even dress which would have different style then no one would even notice any change

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People already know the things she’s been struggling with which makes such comments even more vile.

She looks beautiful anyway and people need to learn to keep their fucking weight gain comments to themselves in general and mind their own business.

• Kpop will always show you how nasty ppl will become given the chance....anyone thinking of this as an opportunity to make jokes or for fanwars shows deep and truly dis-likable character flaws.

Spineless.

It's really alarming how many people who think because it's online you can say whatever you want. We know that it's easy to be edgy and have "hot takes" because you're behind a screen, but perhaps that should be even more reason to be a better person, and show some empathy.

• here's the thing you can be the most beautiful person on the outside but be the nastiest person on the inside

beauty is only skin deep

to be happy in your own skin is the most beautiful thing in this world

she looks happy and she is absolutely glowing

very beautiful <3

• Lmaooo I'm sorry I forgot talking about Weight Gain was illegal forgive me

Whoopsies GIFs | Tenor

It's probably because it comes off as unsympathetic when its likely that the weight gain is due to issues she's been having with her mental health.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• External Content twitter.com

There is a viral tweet of people wishing Jeongyeon all the best but knowing her, she probably doesnt want people to see her at the current state. Wish her full recovery. Glad that at least she is eating well right now during this period

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!