Why are people so toxic towards the collaboration of Suga with Hiroomi Tosaka (OMI) ?

• Thanks to Ronald, Johnny's biased admin of Arama Japan, they can insult BTS as they please. News articals is nothing. If you've read their Open Posts, you can see how much grudge they hold against BTS and how they belittle their achievements. They went crazy, especially since Snow Man's fist album failed to beat BTS lol

Ehh... which Snowman album? Is it the OST of Raul's new movie Honey Lemon Soda? Isn't that sold around 800k? =O

• Ehh... which Snowman album? Is it the OST of Raul's new movie Honey Lemon Soda? Isn't that sold around 800k? =O

Yes, this album was the first album released by Snowman and their fans were so sure that it would sell at least 1 million copies, but it barely broke 800K in its first week. This, of course, shows that they could not pass BTS, which is at 970K, and most likely they will not pass until the end of the year. So it's likely that BTS will be at the top of Oricon's end-of-year album chart for the first time. That's why they're pretty angry lol

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Yes, this album was the first album released by Snowman and their fans were so sure that it would sell at least 1 million copies, but it barely broke 800K in its first week. This, of course, shows that they could not pass BTS, which is at 970K, and most likely they will not pass until the end of the year. So it's likely that BTS will be at the top of Oricon's end-of-year album chart for the first time. That's why they're pretty angry lol

But is it still an fair comparison? Both albums are quite even if compared to the first 3 weeks (snow man has only been in for two weeks), but ...

You know how the Japanese industry works right? Is it fair to compare a COMPILATION ALBUM WITH MANY VERSIONS vs a normal studio album with 3? I mean, do you know that in Japan the best-selling albums are compilations? the best selling albums of arashi, smap, ayumi hamasaki, b'z, etc are compilation albums

Wouldn't it be more fair to compare BTS's last studio album was released recently (one year) with Snow Man's studio album?, because Snow Man destroys BTS studio album

• But is it still an fair comparison? Both albums are quite even if compared to the first 3 weeks (snow man has only been in for two weeks), but ...

You know how the Japanese industry works right? Is it fair to compare a COMPILATION ALBUM WITH MANY VERSIONS vs a normal studio album with 3? I mean, do you know that in Japan the best-selling albums are compilations? the best selling albums of arashi, smap, ayumi hamasaki, b'z, etc are compilation albums

Wouldn't it be more fair to compare BTS's last studio album was released recently (one year) with Snow Man's studio album?, because Snow Man destroys BTS studio album

Sure thing but what you specifically avoided to mention is that this is Snawman's first album, which is the most anticipated album by fans, and yet they didn't beat BTS. The fact that BTS released it before them is also not an advantage because even in its second week, SnowMan sold less than the second week of SixTones' album, so even if they had released at the same time, they wouldn't be able to catch up with BTS. Maybe BTS has the version advantage, but SnowMan's album was also released in 5 versions, which shows that they felt the need to release more versions than the 3 versions they normally release.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• Sure thing but what you specifically avoided to mention is that this is Snawman's first album, which is the most anticipated album by fans, and yet they didn't beat BTS. The fact that BTS released it before them is also not an advantage because even in its second week, SnowMan sold less than the second week of SixTones' album, so even if they had released at the same time, they wouldn't be able to catch up with BTS. Maybe BTS has the version advantage, but SnowMan's album was also released in 5 versions, which shows that they felt the need to release more versions than the 3 versions they normally release.

it's a studio album xd not even Arashi sells a million copies of a studio album xd

obviously not a fair comparison xd

a fair comparison is to compare studio album vs studio album, compilation vs compilation, etc.

a fair comparison would be MOST: Journey vs Snowmania, Journey sold 730k ... Snowmania in two weeks has sold 870k ...

compilations in japan will always sell more, see the list of the 10 best-selling albums in japan, half are compilations

Also, you emphasize that it is Snow Man debut album, doesn't that make it more worthwhile? Do you know how much debut albums sell? Kinpuri debut album sold 595k, arashi debut album 300k, the sixtones 585k, Kat-tun 750k. Snowman debut album sells in two weeks 870k is huge, it hasn't been seen anything like this since 1997

• The people on that site (well, otakus/weebs in general from my experience have issues with Korean things) have complexes against not only bts and kpop but anything Korean related LOL To put it simple, their typical triggered weebs and have been stuck in the hate Korean content matrix for so long (years mind you) that they’re even in denial about bts outbeating Japan’s local acts that they have to make things up to justify why they’re dominating Japanese charts. That site is so damn dead I’ve seen the same people on there with the same profile pictures and names who made comments back in 2014, the user Ronald, to be specific :pepe-hehe:

• Snow Man outsold the others because it has 5 versions, don't forget that either. Also Journey released before Dynamite, BTS has also increased their fans in Japan since then. If this album was released today, you can be sure it would sell more. Because in 2020, before Dynamite, Journey sold 730K, it's not hard to predict how much it will sell now though. I mean, no excuses you make are going to change the fact that BTS outsold SnowMan. :pepe-smug:

• Snow Man outsold the others because it has 5 versions, don't forget that either. Also Journey released before Dynamite, BTS has also increased their fans in Japan since then. If this album was released today, you can be sure it would sell more. Because in 2020, before Dynamite, Journey sold 730K, it's not hard to predict how much it will sell now though. I mean, no excuses you make are going to change the fact that BTS outsold SnowMan. :pepe-smug:

but BTS still has more versions than Snow Man

honestly I don't think so, a studio album never sells more than a compilation, in Japan you have hundreds of examples, the best is Arashi

"I mean, no excuses you make are going to change the fact that BTS outsold SnowMan" ... Snowman album has only been two weeks old xddddd I love how you make up everything xd

BTS album have 4 months since their release ... so, are you comparing the sales of 2 weeks (snowman), with those of 4 months (BTS)? XD

• Yes, because as I said before, the fact that it was released before doesn't change anything because even if they were released at the same time, BTS would still surpass SnowMan. I think you should stop lying to yourself.

• Yes, because as I said before, the fact that it was released before doesn't change anything because even if they were released at the same time, BTS would still surpass SnowMan. I think you should stop lying to yourself.

However, the first two weeks of Snowman are higher than those of BTS ...

• After talking so much about "fair comparison", you go on to compare sales of Japanese group in Japan to Korean group in Japan?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!