Why Baekhyun is objectively better than the rest of idols

• As we all know baekhyun is classified as one of the superior vocalists kpop has ever seen yet you wont find any vocalist of his level who can perform just as good

And we also know, he's viewed as one of the best performers in kpop so likewise you wont find a performer of his level who can sing just as good

(His visuals are just the cherry on top really)

He really created a new category for himself in 2016 when said i can be a main dancer too and earned himself the genius idol nickname. His solo con just a month ago was the ultimate proof of it

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Its a been month since kyoongcon and i cant go on any more. Can sm drop the vod already

I wanna relive that kinda excellency again ;(

• It’s out only in April :pepe-life-support: :pepe-life-support: :pepe-life-support: :pepe-life-support:

two more months i cant

Baekhyun is the greatest all rounder SM has ever had. No one even comes remotely close.

It always hits me how all them praised rounders are just really good dancer that sound decent but then there is a baekhyun a rounder of his OWN league like kpop has never seen and will never see another baekhyun

• His UN Village performances are genuinely some of my favorite things to watch, I just love the energy, the vocals, the dance, everything. Baek is the whole package, a perfect idol indeed :yesr:

Same! Un village really brought the best of baekhyun too. Half of the song is just him standing while singing yet being so captivating and the outro is him outdoing the dancers with them bodyrolls hehe

This is my fav live of un village whew

• I mean, all of Shinee (minus Minho).....but aside from that, sure lol

Um only taemin and key are really recognized for their performing skills in shinee and both are dancers before singers lol

• all of shinee is known for being good dancers. and baekhyun is a singer before dancer, sooooo............? taemin and key = amazing dance, good vocals. baek = amazing vocals, good dance.

So.... my point is the industry has seen so many taemins and keys but never a baekhyun

• Baekhy is one of the best singers. His music catalog isn't vibey enough for me to agree that he is the top male singer.

Wdym vibey

Baekhyun isnt the #1 but hes among the best of the best. Not to mention how versatile he is

• Wdym vibey

Baekhyun isnt the #1 but hes among the best of the best. Not to mention how versatile he is

Vibey in the context that, although he has the talent, I feel he doesn't have a catalog of songs that I would personally buy and play. K-Pop is played in public parts of my area. I would be gushing about the music and listing the tracks like I do for EXO if he did.

• The thing that impressed me the most is the way he is continually improving every aspect of what was already very strong: singing, dancing, performance. I feel like each comeback I’m interested to see what’s new and next in his skill set. His solo work has really shown some interesting versatility with very jazz-like runs and greater space for ad libs, where he really works the full range of his voice even more so than the excellent showcase we saw in EXO.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• So.... my point is the industry has seen so many taemins and keys but never a baekhyun

I don't think other idols reach Taemin/Key's level of dancing and vocals combined....................and since you wanna go there, how bout Hyorin? :) Same vocal level (if not higher) as Baek and also amazing at dancing! So I guess there has been a Baekhyun!!!! :p

lol let me edit this: I thought this was a genuine discussion thread and didn't even come here to attack, but I've realized now that it's just a Baek appreciation stan thread so........you're free to have your delulu opinions, don't let me rain on your parade.

• lol let me edit this: I thought this was a genuine discussion thread and didn't even come here to attack, but I've realized now that it's just a Baek appreciation stan thread so........you're free to have your delulu opinions, don't let me rain on your parade.

"delulu"? You're being kinda rude for a thread about appreciating Baek. While I agree all of SHINee are wonderful performers, OP was annoyed you ruined their thread, so you don't have to call them "delulu". And for the record, Baek is the only Baek, and a perfect idol at that.

• "delulu"? You're being kinda rude for a thread about appreciating Baek. While I agree all of SHINee are wonderful performers, OP was annoyed you ruined their thread, so you don't have to call them "delulu". And for the record, Baek is the only Baek, and a perfect idol at that.

I mean, I'm coming into a thread literally titled "why baekhyun is OBJECTIVELY better than the rest of idols", soooooo yea, I kinda do have to call them delulu. I agree, Baek is the only Baek, and a great performer and I love him too. More power to you if you stan. Making a thread comparing him to and saying he's better than all other idols was the rude move, so feel free to take that up with OP. :)

• I mean, I'm coming into a thread literally titled "why baekhyun is OBJECTIVELY better than the rest of idols", soooooo yea, I kinda do have to call them delulu. I agree, Baek is the only Baek, and a great performer and I love him too. More power to you if you stan. Making a thread comparing him to and saying he's better than all other idols was the rude move, so feel free to take that up with OP. :)

Baekhyun is a much better performer than taemin is a singer no two ways about it. It’s in fact abundantly clear after their solos.

The only delusional one here is you. One look at the likability of their solos will tell you that.

• Of course it all comes down to everyone's personal opinions. But there's no denying that he is the true definition of an all-rounder. There's nothing he doesn't excel in and I think that's amazing. He has nothing to prove to anyone anymore, his talents and stats speak for itself. Mind you he only trained for a few months before debuting as an exo member.

tumblr_pjo6b960aM1v8km4lo7_500.gifv

• Sometimes I think when you do things really well, it can look “easy” and it’s hard to see the work that goes into it. It’s why I always appreciate behind the scenes content that shows the grind.

Also, if one adds an opinion in a thread that disagrees, one might expect that other people might also disagree with your disagreement. :/

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Baekhyun is a much better performer than taemin is a singer no two ways about it. It’s in fact abundantly clear after their solos.

The only delusional one here is you. One look at the likability of their solos will tell you that.

Yikes...well I guess we have to fight now. Taemin’s solos are known by the whole industry, constantly covered, and legendary.

If you think any of Baek’s solos are as well known by the public (and industry in general) as Taemin’s, then you really are delulu. 😂 Ask people on the street to listen to some Taemin songs and Baekhyun songs and see who’s are identified more (hint: Taemin by a mile). And don’t say “but sales numbers!”. Yes, there are a lot of EXO fans and yes, they buy a lot of albums. Congrats.

ANYWAY, I don’t want to fight with fellow SM stans, when I like EXO and Baek myself, so feel free to have your belief that Baek has the most iconic solo career in the industry. 😂😂😂 Y’all do make me laugh, thank you for that.

• Yikes...well I guess we have to fight now. Taemin’s solos are known by the whole industry, constantly covered, and legendary.

If you think any of Baek’s solos are as well known by the public (and industry in general) as Taemin’s, then you really are delulu. 😂 Ask people on the street to listen to some Taemin songs and Baekhyun songs and see who’s are identified more (hint: Taemin by a mile). And don’t say “but sales numbers!”. Yes, there are a lot of EXO fans and yes, they buy a lot of albums. Congrats.

ANYWAY, I don’t want to fight with fellow SM stans, when I like EXO and Baek myself, so feel free to have your belief that Baek has the most iconic solo career in the industry. 😂😂😂 Y’all do make me laugh, thank you for that.

Lololololol what have you ever followed any chart. Even with chart reform Baekhyun has performed better.

Not just buying album korean streams international streams YouTube every single metric Baekhyun is better. In every way more ppl know Baekhyun more.

In absolutely no metric does taemin have anything over Baekhyun. Those are just the facts. Lol.

Arbitrary “ask on the streets” when we have actual numbers to prove that no one cares.

It’s so funny your response you couldn’t comeback with one single metric to justify your points. Lol.

• Lololololol what have you ever followed any chart. Even with chart reform Baekhyun has performed better.

Not just buying album korean streams international streams YouTube every single metric Baekhyun is better. In every way more ppl know Baekhyun more.

In absolutely no metric does taemin have anything over Baekhyun. Those are just the facts. Lol.

Arbitrary “ask on the streets” when we have actual numbers to prove that no one cares.

It’s so funny your response you couldn’t comeback with one single metric to justify your points. Lol.

Okay, so by your standards, I guess BTS are the best performers in all of Korea! Right?? Because numbers and charts prove everything! If popularity and numbers indicate who's the best performer, then BTS is undoubtedly better than Baek, Taemin, EXO, Shinee, and everyone else.

Second of all, this thread is stupid, regardless. There is no OBJECTIVE best performer. If I think female voices are better, maybe I'll think Solar is the best soloist performer. If I think R&B songs and dances are superior, maybe I'll think Hyorin is the best soloist performer. If I like the sound of Candy, maybe I'll think Baek is the best performer. No one is OBJECTIVELY the best performer. I literally came into the thread to say that Taemin is at a similar level of performance as Baek, not even that he's BETTER.

Please use your brain, critical thinking skills, and eyes to pause and think "objectively".

• Okay, so by your standards, I guess BTS are the best performers in all of Korea! Right?? Because numbers and charts prove everything! If popularity and numbers indicate who's the best performer, then BTS is undoubtedly better than Baek, Taemin, EXO, Shinee, and everyone else.

Second of all, this thread is stupid, regardless. There is no OBJECTIVE best performer. If I think female voices are better, maybe I'll think Solar is the best soloist performer. If I think R&B songs and dances are superior, maybe I'll think Hyorin is the best soloist performer. If I like the sound of Candy, maybe I'll think Baek is the best performer. No one is OBJECTIVELY the best performer. I literally came into the thread to say that Taemin is at a similar level of performance as Baek, not even that he's BETTER.

Please use your brain, critical thinking skills, and eyes to pause and think "objectively".

You said that not me. You brought in relevance I corrected you. Baekhyun is more relevant it’s a simple fact.

Baekhyun doesn’t need metrics for it to be abundantly clear that he is better tho. Lol. One look at kyoongcon is enough.

Baekhyun is objectively better than every single soloist at SM. And I’ll continue saying it. Thanks for coming on the thread <3

• guys can we not fight. what the hell

Baekhyun is a much better performer than taemin is a singer no two ways about it. It’s in fact abundantly clear after their solos.

Taemin Is a really amazing performer I think it call comes down to personal tastes but Taemin's dancing is >>

Yikes...well I guess we have to fight now. Taemin’s solos are known by the whole industry, constantly covered, and legendary.

If you think any of Baek’s solos are as well known by the public (and industry in general) as Taemin’s, then you really are delulu. 😂 Ask people on the street to listen to some Taemin songs and Baekhyun songs and see who’s are identified more

Again that's quite subjective, what makes you think taemin is more known by the public than baekhyun himself?

• guys can we not fight. what the hell

Taemin Is a really amazing performer I think it call comes down to personal tastes but Taemin's dancing is >>

Again that's quite subjective, what makes you think taemin is more known by the public than baekhyun himself?

Sure lol. Never said taemin can’t dance. Baekhyun is simply the better all rounder and I’ll continue saying it. He is better. He is the best.

• ok, but Get you alone or candy? I prefer GYA, but wbu?

links:

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!