honest opinions on lip syncing and backtracks?

• do you mind lipsyncing and backtracks 21

1. no im fine with it (9) 43%
    2. yes im not ok with lipsyncing (8) 38%
    3. yes i dont mind backtracks that are too loud (4) 19%

im talking about in music shows, i was watching music core from today and noticed alot of the kpop groups were lipsyncing which i felt was unfair especially for a first time performance but what really put me off was when i went to watch the encores of music shows and some acts had the backtrack volume at 90% so you could barely even hear their livesinging...

whats the point of an encore then?

Approved the thread.
  • This arguments are for "let's compare groups" stans. Every Kpop group doesnt need to sing while dancing, I know it snatches the uniqueness of Kpop but at the end it's very exhausting even if with easy choreo.

And people should stop looking for live vocals during music shows. Time to switch to radio talk shows where idols give their best live snippet or concerts.

• If a group claims to have great vocals, why lipsync?

Just a waste of talent.

• sure it's fine occasionally. No matter the difficulty of choreo, it's hard to sound perfect when moving at such a rate.

but like idols that never sing live at all even rarely during encores... and their fans brag so highly about their vocals and talent all the time. it's such dumb logic to me. only in kpop do the fans think that argument works. It makes no sense. you hype your faves up obnoxiously and put them on a pedestal but they can't even sing properly for a few stages or encores :pepewhat:

• If a group claims to have great vocals, why lipsync?

Just a waste of talent.

This is exactly my point, I keep seeing aespas be hyped about their great vocals which I agree on. but then... they haven't sang live a single time, even on their encore today the backtrack was louder then their voices.. that's embarrassing as hell

• im talking about in music shows, i was watching music core from today and noticed alot of the kpop groups were lipsyncing which i felt was unfair especially for a first time performance but what really put me off was when i went to watch the encores of music shows and some acts had the backtrack volume at 90% so you could barely even hear their livesinging...

whats the point of an encore then?

mods i made a mistake in the 3rd option for poll

it should be "yes im not ok with backtracks"

• This is exactly my point, I keep seeing aespas be hyped about their great vocals which I agree on. but then... they haven't sang live a single time, even on their encore today the backtrack was louder then their voices.. that's embarrassing as hell

Singing full song live multiple times? They haven't done that. But you can go to youtube and find multiple videos where they burst into singing so so many times. And gurl, their encore is not even out yet, we only heard Karina sing for few seconds and even if there is backtrack you can clearly hear Karina's voice above the backtrack clearly.

• even on their encore today the backtrack was louder then their voices.. that's embarrassing as hell

The encore is not out yet. At least wait till it's out to make this thread lol. Only start of Karina's rap was there before the show ended and even though there was a backtrack like most music core encores, Karina's voice was way louder than the backtrack. Stop lying. The fact you couldn't wait to make this thread is funny. I don't see this energy for other acts when you can see that most of the performances were lip-synced in music core today.

• Once in a while, it’s fine. Everytime? Should just be a backup dancer instead

• Idols don't need to sing live they just need to be pretty and dance well

• i do not agree lipsyncing I 2 cases

1. music shows - when they barely attend music shows what is their excuse.

2. online and offline concerts

• once in a while it's understandable

but groups should sing live more than they lipsync

also I don't like backtracks that are so loud you can't actually hear the idol, what's the point of turning on the mic then

• I hate it, the reason I can't get into SM groups even though they're capable of performing live

• Lip syncing n music shows I guess acceptable because of hectic schedules and everyone does it.

Lip syncing at concerts, tours or special appearances isn't.

• I hate it, the reason I can't get into SM groups even though they're capable of performing live

Why are singling sm groups out when it's something that everyone else also does? At least when SM groups sing live they do it better than most other groups and they sound better in the studio recordings too

• If they're dancing, it's fine and it makes sense. So many dances in kpop would make it impossible to sound good

If they're just standing, singing a ballad, then I expect no lipsyncing though

• okay - if they attend 4 music shows a week

not okay - if they attend 1 music show a week

• I'm not against it during music shows since their schedule is pretty hectic but in concerts they should sing live.

• The encore is not out yet. At least wait till it's out to make this thread lol. Only start of Karina's rap was there before the show ended and even though there was a backtrack like most music core encores, Karina's voice was way louder than the backtrack. Stop lying. The fact you couldn't wait to make this thread is funny. I don't see this energy for other acts when you can see that most of the performances were lip-synced in music core today.

the encore didnt come out, the fact that you expected their encore to be released is kind of sad and shows you dont know SM :clown:

• You have groups like BTS who use loud backtracks and you hear them without it and they’re always out of tune and atrociously bad. Truth be told kpop cannot survive without backtrack when their biggest groups rely so heavily on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!