do you think treasure can still catch up to other 4th gen boy groups?

Approved the thread.
  • they just debuted chill :suure: txt debuted in 2019 while skz is active from 2017 :joy:

• With YG management? Let's see.

There will be a time where their fans won't be able to use the "Rookie" excuse for them being below other groups anymore and It will be funny.

• If they release better songs and more frequently maybe.. but it's yg so I doubt they will

• YGE boy groups after BigBang have always found it difficult to grow after that initial hype by company stans. They cannot grow on their own. Treasure with all their hype didn't even do better than non big 3 groups. That means they couldn't even make yg stans excite so they will find it more difficult. Catching up other 4th gen group should be a dream for them.

• It's really difficult with yg management and producer/creative team. Yg is worst company I mean even kq is managing ateez better and they are very small company with limited finance. But if they start having more input in their music and showcasing their true potential they could catch up to them. Tbh they do decent in youtube and have high engagements on twitter it's just that they haven't yet find their sound so their performance on charts are not that good. But instead of being super successful from debut building one's own success step by step is more valuable imo.

• wow, i almost forget Treasure is a 4th gen bg too :/

• Maybe if they cut the group in half drop the filler members? 12 people in a flop group is recipe for disaster ( see LOONA).

• They have time considering they're still rookies. Their next comeback will tell how much they have grown. As they are now, they are not in the top 5.

• They have time considering they're still rookies. Their next comeback will tell how much they have grown. As they are now, they are not in the top 5.

Are they still rookies? hasn't it been more than a year since debut :whatb:

• with the results of the latest comeback, i think no.

• If sk and ateez are 4th gen then treasure and enhypen are also still rookies :pepe-toast:

are you trying to imply you don't think SKZ are 4th gen? that's so damn stupid

groups are generally considered rookies for their first 2 years hence enhypen and treasure will stop being rookies after their anniversaries this year.

• treasure selling 12k on second day while enhypen's latest album (a repackaged album) had over 100k sales on second day.. That should tell you enough if they can still catch up o

• are you trying to imply you don't think SKZ are 4th gen? that's so damn stupid

groups are generally considered rookies for their first 2 years hence enhypen and treasure will stop being rookies after their anniversaries this year.

yes, skz and ateez are not 4th gen. Like nct isn't.

Their fans can keep on crying about this but thats the truth.

They're only put together with 4th gen because they're starting to get a reaction only lately.

• LMFAO, people really like to live in the moment ey, was stray kids or nct a instant hit? lmfao get real some of yall, some of youse are really eager to write someone off really early ey, why dont we wait and see till the end of the week sales and see how much they sell.

• They can def catch up in 5th gen. Since gens are changing so quickly.

• LMFAO, people really like to live in the moment ey, was stray kids or nct a instant hit? lmfao get real some of yall, some of youse are really eager to write someone off really early ey, why dont we wait and see till the end of the week sales and see how much they sell.

They're way too much of an anti to use their brain. I guess 600k preorders in 8 days news has been forgotten 2 minutes after reading it.

• i think yes if comeback 4 times in a year. that tactic is effective for some bgs.

• yes, skz and ateez are not 4th gen. Like nct isn't.

Their fans can keep on crying about this but thats the truth.

They're only put together with 4th gen because they're starting to get a reaction only lately.

I think it's simply that you're threatened and want to exclude them cause that doesn't make sense

NCT debuted in 2016, they're late 3rd gen. SKZ in 2018, they're firmly 4th gen.

Koreans call SKZ 4th gen, always. (It's NCT who are sometimes called 4th gen.) Big3 companies have always been used to determine generations, so why should SKZ be an exception? They debuted many years after both Got7 and Twice.

3rd gen's success and global expansion of kpop was made possible by 2nd gen groups being popular (and significantly more relevant with the Korean GP than any group nowadays) in their home country and placing a lot more emphasis on international promotion than 1st gen. In JYPE, it was Got7 on whom 2PM had an effect. (And not SKZ. By the time they debuted 2PM were already 10!!) Now, 4th gen differs from 3rd gen in that they benefited disproportionately from kpop's rising global popularity (thanks to 3rd gen) compared to its domestic one, which was declining with the exception of a select few groups. Sure sounds like SKZ, doesn't it? Ridiculously poorly promoted for what you'd expect of a big company, and it's not like they would've had a lot of chance to get big domestically instantly as at that time most 3rd gen groups were having their peak (most Korean kpop fans only stan one group), but global fans (large percent multis) hungry for something fresh noticed them, and thus SKZ had amassed a considerable, dedicated international fanbase able to grow on its own (without further reliance on multis) even when a member would get streetcasted several times in Korea.

Furthermore, JYPE explicitly recognises Stray Kids as the start of something new. JYP himself said, although I don't remember the exact source of these anymore, that SKZ are an experiment from the viewpoint of the company (we can now see that this experiment turned out massively successful), and that one of the reasons Chan was allowed to choose members for the group (besides having lots of experience by that time) is that thanks to the extreme popularity of social media, we're in a new age of kpop–where being fake is spotted out and spread immediately, so it's better for SKZ to be genuine.

For once, unfortunately, I have to agree with JYP on something. If 3rd gen benefited greatly from the rapidly rising popularity of social media (which also helped 2nd gen) especially because of the potential for international growth—then 4th gen are dependent on social media. As I've said, with minimal promotion, with seniors whose fandom is already closed off (unlike 2nd gen), at the time most 3rd gen groups were having their peak thus taking away attention from most rookies, Stray Kids couldn't have grown so rapidly and consistently–had international kpop fans not picked them up. Ateez are just an even more extreme example of this. Txt and Enhypen also couldn't have without especially armys with company stan tendencies (I am not saying all their fans are that but you can't deny their impact and the percentage of their fans to this day who are that.)

• treasure selling 12k on second day while enhypen's latest album (a repackaged album) had over 100k sales on second day.. That should tell you enough if they can still catch up o

Not a definitive correlation.

Initial first week daily sales are dependent on when the online pre-orders are processed and shipped out. Because of this, a group can move more units on the fifth day than the second day for example.

i agree

• Not a definitive correlation.

Initial first week daily sales are dependent on when the online pre-orders are processed and shipped out. Because of this, a group can move more units on the fifth day than the second day for example.

yg's fault

• After their last comeback you can clearly see they won't be able to compete with TXT, SKZ & Enhypen (they are locked for top 3 imo). That doesn't make treasure flops though, they can be profitable through album sales

Those are excuses but either way, treasure can't compete with enhypen sales wise. Treasure had 600k preorders for 15 versions for a mini album while Enhypen had the same amount of preorders for a repackaged album with 2 versions

• lmao, the pathetic attempt to prove your faves didn't benefit from big4 privilege.

I don't disagree with everything, it's just sad how much you try

• As I said before, their fans will want to use the rookies excuse until they become 10 years old.

In the year of the 2nd anniversary:

• Stray Kids was going viral and blowing up with God's Menu, outselling their full with a repackage;
    • TXT was selling over 800k with an album, over 700k with a repackage and going viral with b-side;
    • Enhypen is doing over 600k in the first gaon monthly with a 2 weeks-promoted repackage and going viral with a b-side.

While Treasure isn't having any significant momentum showing they will challenge these groups, at least for now.

(I'm quoting myself.)

If I understand this correctly, it means a distributor can withhold pre-orders until the second week (if there are enough sales) so that the sales can affect second week music show results. Theoretically?

However, I think most companies would prefer the impact of a huge number the first week.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!