The Best Rappers of New Gen KPOP (3rd + 4th Gens) +Ranked List W/Receipts

• The results are in! With the top 3 results for men charting from poll data (others from a summary of this thread), here is :

AKP's List of Best K-Pop IDOL Rappers of 3rd & 4th Generations!

Top Male Rappers:

#1 RM (BTS) 👑

2. Bobby (Ikon)

3. Suga (BTS)

4. Mino (WINNER)

5. Monsta X's Jooheon

6. Monsta X's IM

7. Stray Kids's Changbin

8. Stray Kids's Han

9. iKON's BI

10. BTS's J-Hope

11. NCT's Mark

12. NCT's Taeyong

13. MCND's rapline (as a whole)

Top Female Rappers

#1 Soyeon ((G)I-DLE) 👑 Jessi is up there too but is she a K-Pop idol?

2. Lisa (BLACKPINK)

3. Jennie (BLACKPINK)

4. Yeeun (CLC) & Mimi (Oh My Girl) TIED

5. Moonbyul (MAMAMOO)

6. Dami (Dreamcatcher)

7. Jinny (SECRET NUMBER)

8. Hwasa (MAMAMOO)

Disclaimer/Final Notes: A reminder that none of this thread takes away from any of the candidates' real rapping merits or rapping talent, or official, legitimate recognition from both the Korean Pop or Korean Hip Hop industries, from top veterans and artists from both categories and experts in the field (especially from the latter).

The pool of the people who voted for the polls some of these results are based off of are K-Pop idol enthusiasts, and do not necessarily specialize in, have or retain knowledge or claim to be real rap experts. This poll and chart is all for fun & informational's sake, and to get the forum into a little fun competitive friendly spirit as well as create & inform people of the data & information on this part of the real (largely International) K-Pop community's thoughts on the top talents of the new generation of K-Pop.

Rap Battle Threads Used for Reference:

{ RM vs. Suga vs. Bobby vs. Mino }

I may also make Rap Battle threads from time to time if we can't settle the ranking between certain idol rappers and link them here! If you want me to make one, request one! (Or just make it yourself & tag me and I will list it here.)

Old Post:

New Gen stans always like to talk about sales numbers & YT views, Daesangs, International accolades & Met Gala appearances & Coachella blablabla,

but to me loving KPOP has always been about knowing EVERYTHING about the genre, including not just numbers rankings but *WHO'S* THE BEST OF THE BEST at MUSIC!

Honestly even tho we're already talking about 4.5 Gen I'm *STILL* learning about new gen KPOP & I feel like we haven't talked about talent enough!

Let's decide RIGHT HERE and NOW who the best rappers are!

For me it's:

Jessi - She's a New Kind Of Beast! Even threatening to give CL a run for her money as Baddest Female

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Soyeon ((G)-IDLE) Everyone calls her the New generation CL & she even produces her own raps DUHH!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeeun from CLC (1:25 timestamp)

Lisa & Jennie (BLACKPINK)

Dreamcatcher's Dami (1:32-1:37, 1:45-1:48)

BTS rapline Suga, RM & J-Hope

1 VERSE by Jhope
    Stream 1 VERSE by Jhope by BTS on desktop and mobile. Play over 265 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.
    m.soundcloud.com

Stray Kids

That Mark kid from NCT that someone posted a thread about the other day here was pretty good too.

IKON's Bobby & BI are rly good too (esp Bobby)

External Content www.youtube.com

Everyone always talks about Song Mino from WINNER (tho I've only heard one of his songs before & don't rly remember it) so we'll count him too

Discuss, debate, post receipts, & pimp your faves! BEGIN!

ADDED: Suggested by users (mostly) & agreed by me

Edited 33 times, last by KpopVeteranARMY: edited the female list (8/19/21) moved Lisa & Jennie to #2 & 3 in light of recent threads about their rapping abilities, eliminated LE to be more current, moved Hwasa to bottom of list edited the male list (8/19/22) realized bobby beat suga in new poll results & corrected list deleted #14-17 to make the list more representative accurate and concise ().

• Go to Best Answer
  • MCND

• Oh My Girl Mimi

• MCND

OH MA GAWWWD

I HAD NO IDEA WHO THOSE BOYS WERE before watching this vid TBH

(STILL DON'T, ACTUALLY 😅)

But they just *might* be the best of new gen Kpop! Even better than Stray Kids!!

🤯

Who are theyy???

• Just adding ones who haven't been mentioned

Jooheon and I.M of Monsta X

B.I

• Yesss, came here to mention Monsta X’s dynamic duo. They’re right behind BTS and Stray Kids overall for me.

• they are MCND rookie group from top media, they are also very good at dancing, and genuinely enjoys their stages

• Oh My Girl Mimi

Wow she has always been my fave member of Oh My Girl ever since I saw lives of Nonstop (tho just a casual listener), but I had no idea she was *this* good! She's *really* good!!

• Hmmm there’s a lot of contenders especially with some insanely talented rookie groups coming up full of solid rappers, but they still have ways to go and prove so I think my top ten are:

RM

Bobby

Mino

Suga

Changbin

Han

Jooheon

I.M

Mark

Jhope

Maybe not in that exact order but pretty close. I have to keep reminding myself Zico is 2nd Gen Lmaoo.

For the female rappers, my faves are:

Soyeon

Jennie

Lisa

Jessie

Yeeun

• I don't have much to contribute sadly because you have already mentioned the rappers who I feel are actual rappers in this thread. But I did want to point out that I like the spirit of your thread, as opposed to most threads that involve any type of skills on this forum (vocals, dancing, rapping, etc) which usually begin with "My faves are the best". I appreciate you trying to give everyone an opportunity to hype up their favorite groups. I for one appreciate the sentiment.

• but there no B.I tho :pepecry:

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• They're really good too! I see why I'm always hearing about them~~ ☺️ "Joohoney" reminds me of Zico vibes

(low-key; but not as good obvi)

And that B.I performance esp wow 😮

Tho I still think Monsta X is better overall 🤔 I only really heard B.I's rapping in iKON's title tracks & in this 1 English collab song that came up randomly on my YT Music yesterday, but it was pretty good so I added it to my playlist.

External Content music.youtube.com

But now I see why it's always "Bobby *&* B.I" when people talk about iKON's rapping.

• I agree with you... alot.

For upcoming 4th Gen BG's I'd recommend the MCND and P1HARMONY's raplines!

Awesome! That means sm to me :shyy:

Could you please post some P1HARMONY receipts too? I've heard about them a lot too recently for some reason but wasn't sure why ppl were so excited about them, so I'm glad to hear it's about their rapping and would love to hear more 😀 💗

• I don't have much to contribute sadly because you have already mentioned the rappers who I feel are actual rappers in this thread. But I did want to point out that I like the spirit of your thread, as opposed to most threads that involve any type of skills on this forum (vocals, dancing, rapping, etc) which usually begin with "My faves are the best". I appreciate you trying to give everyone an opportunity to hype up their favorite groups. I for one appreciate the sentiment.

Thank you sm!! 🥰

You know like I said, (I've been around the whole time) but I still feel like I don't know as much stuff about the new gens as I did the old gens (probably because there's so many groups nowadays?).

And I really wanted to get to the bottom of the truth. 😀 I'm a person who likes really facts & the pursuit of knowledge.

I absolutely agree people should be more open-minded about other groups in K-POP especially nowadays, because there's so many groups and I've only been realizing recently there's a lot of good talent in the new gens that I--and I'm sure many other people--have been missing.

There's a missing sense of comraderie & kinship as a KPOP community that I've been missing from older gens, lol, like when all KPOP fans, even their rivals Super Junior fans voted for Big Bang to win MTV EMAs award because they considered it a win for everyone in the genre as a whole.

• Also if you ever gonna make a vocal thread it's Day6 for me

:-):-):-):-)

YAAAAAAAAASSSsss Zombie & Congratulations superiority>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:pepe-sad:

I was thinking of really making one lol. 😅 But I couldn't think of that many groups besides Aespa & Wendy........😅 BTS are pretty good too ofc but not 2nd generation-level or anything

3rd & 4th gen are doomed vocally, esp 4th gen besides Aespa

Tho since Aespa is officially starting 4th gen today, perhaps there's still hope!

:lover2: :whatk:

• Yeah Mino,Bi and Bobby are really good.

• In the third generation, I prefer BTS rap line, Bang Yongguk, Yezi.

My favorite rapper is Soyeon for the forth generation.

BTS's rapline are rap gold, definitely one of the best if not THE best!

AND FOR 3RD GEN OMG I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT BYG 😱 But yaaaaas he's one of the OG's in KPOP, totally inspired BTS's rapline into debuting & KPOP to look into underground rappers for talent!

I used to be a BAP stan back in the day, one of the reasons was their rapline. Zelo too can't forget his LTE raps! Definitely one of the best of 3rd gen & so iconic.

While we're talking about the best 3rd Gen KPOP rappers who started underground (excl. Zelo), I forgot to mention LE from EXID! Iconic bitch.

• Awesome! That means sm to me :shyy:

Could you please post some P1HARMONY receipts too? I've heard about them a lot too recently for some reason but wasn't sure why ppl were so excited about them, so I'm glad to hear it's about their rapping and would love to hear more 😀 💗

This is their rap line trio.

• Big Bang, Block B, and Zico aren’t 3rd +4th Gen lol, but still good list.

• Yeah I know but I don't care about this "generation" thing in kpop. Music in general tbh. I only have 2 categories. Current and All Time.

I guess I was really putting them there in the title to ask about the most recent/current gens lol 😛 I wasn't thinking about the past that much either 🤷🏻‍♀️

• External Content youtu.be

This is their rap line trio.

Okay yeah, the argument can definitely be made that they're one of the best rapping groups of 4th generation. 🙂

• This thread contains 152 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!