Have You Tried Japanese Skincare or Make Up?

• I am just curious since I know people are familiar more with K-beauty but I wonder if anyone is familiar with J-beauty. I have some experience in JP skin care and makeup but I wonder if anyone else has.

For 2021, I plan to explore JP skin care outside of cleansers, sheet masks, and sunscreen.

• They are not bad at all. I have been using their mascaras and eye liners for yrs. Haven't looked back since.

mine is eye contour ? pen? i use it for a LOOONG time, i love it honestly, i never saw it get sold anywhere else but japan but frankly its great lol

• No, I haven't, would love to try some, any recommendations?

I would say their mascaras and liquid pen liners are quite good. Heroine Make mascara is pretty classic. Their liquid liner is also good. I have heard good things about the Dollywink liner as well but never tried it.

• I would say their mascaras and liquid pen liners are quite good. Heroine Make mascara is pretty classic. Their liquid liner is also good. I have heard good things about the Dollywink liner as well but never tried it.

Nice, Any brand recommendation? How about the skincare?

2SY0P7c.gif

Seungcheol Jeonghan Jisoo Junhui Soonyoung Wonwoo Jihoon Myungho Mingyu Seokmin Seungkwan Hansol Chan

• Eye contour pen? Link to an image? Now I am curious which brand is it.

I searched for it but it seems to not get sold now T^T

it looked like this

L_g0130675918.jpg

which means i will have to make a switch i guess

i remembered another Japanese makeup product i absolutely love tho, this?

L_g0120575479.jpg

its so PRETTY and i really like how naural its colour looks too

• Nice, Any brand recommendation? How about the skincare?

For drugstore brand make up, maybe give Canmake or Kate a shot. I haven't tried the other make up brands under Shiseido, except mascara from Shiseido Majolica Majorca line.

As for skincare, I have only really have experience with their sunscreen and cleansers. The Shiseido Senka Perfect Whip is a classic foam cleanser. I remember it's pretty popular. I did enjoy the Hada Labo cleansing foam more than the DHC cleansing foam. I am interested in trying the Hada Labo lotions since those are quite well known.

• For drugstore brand make up, maybe give Canmake or Kate a shot. I haven't tried the other make up brands under Shiseido, except mascara from Shiseido Majolica Majorca line.

As for skincare, I have only really have experience with their sunscreen and cleansers. The Shiseido Senka Perfect Whip is a classic foam cleanser. I remember it's pretty popular. I did enjoy the Hada Labo cleansing foam more than the DHC cleansing foam. I am interested in trying the Hada Labo lotions since those are quite well known.

Nice, I'll try some later 😉

2SY0P7c.gif

Seungcheol Jeonghan Jisoo Junhui Soonyoung Wonwoo Jihoon Myungho Mingyu Seokmin Seungkwan Hansol Chan

• Hm...the first item is etude house so they might have it in other sites that sell kr items unless it's a jp exclusive. Will have to look. That flower lipstick is cute. JP product really have cute packaging.

• Hm...the first item is etude house so they might have it in other sites that sell kr items unless it's a jp exclusive. Will have to look. That flower lipstick is cute. JP product really have cute packaging.

its a different brand, it just looks like Etude House, maybe like you said its special version of the same item o.o

• its a different brand, it just looks like Etude House, maybe like you said its special version of the same item o.o

Ah. It said etude house on the pic that's why I was confused. It basically makes like a aegyosal? That's interesting.

• Ah. It said etude house on the pic that's why I was confused. It basically makes like a aegyosal? That's interesting.

it does tho i use it for different reasons lol, its glitter and dark colour part is great, i use them like a type of shadow? and it looks amazing lol

• I'm using Hado Labo skincare for ages. It's nice, cheap, suits sensitive skin (no fragrance, no coloring) and I can easily buy it offline. I also use some Rohto, Biore, Canmake and Shiseido products (primarily sunscreens), but HL is my fave.

I'm not very experienced in J makeup. I tried only Canmake and Shiseido eyeshadows. They were fine, but there's nothing special about them. Usually I prefer European makeup brands for most of the products and Korean BB/cushions.

• love Hada Labo! I've been using their skin cleanser gel and night face cream for a while (2 years maybe) and haven't found anything better for now.

other than that, i have no experiences with other japanese brands, but i heard they have some good products, just that sometimes it can be overpriced (like a lot of expensive cosmetics, where you buy the brand name and not so much good ingredients)

• BTW does anyone know any good internet shops for J-beauty products?

Japanese products on Yesstyle are totaly overpriced. They are 2 times more expensive than in Japan and even 1.7 more expensive than offline in my country. And I don't know any other shops with worldwide shipping with reasonable prices. Please share if know something better. I'd like to try more makeup especially BBs and foundations but Japanese skincare is more imported to my country and there's no a lot of makeup variety.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!