Is Lisa Karma the greatest revenge story in Kpop?

• So we know Lisa is the most unpopular member in Korea. So unpopular that her title track got only 166k ULs on Melon in the first 24hrs. Compared that with the 3rd most unpopular member Rosé, who got 436k ULs, we can see how pathetic that is. It means Koreans didn't even bother checking out her song at all. I won't be listing all the reasons why Lisa is so unpopular in Korea, because we all know.

Here is the karma kicks in. The Korean TV show squid game has become the biggest show in the world right now. And you know Koreans must be so happy and proud about it. Coincidentally, Money went viral and is now the de-facto sound track for squid game, at least to the international audience.

An English song, sang by a Thai singer, is now the face of the biggest Korean Culture export in 2021. If this isn't the greatest revenge story in 2021 I don't know what is.

• yes, i thought about it a lot

many complained about YG timing with the release of Lisa`s solo...but if you think about it, It couldn`t be better...

Karma is a Bi*** :smirks2:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• i keep going on and on about it but squid game is literally a blackpink owned enterprise

lisa's money being the unofficial sound track, the director being a blink, lee jung jae and park hae soo being blinks, hoyeon being jennie's bestie, jennie getting a credit on it, and literally what not else. even the coffins in squid game are color swatched to match blackpink's official colors.

all that's left is one of the members in the red outfits, shooting people down-

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• How is it revenge? Just because people didn't listen to it doesn't mean they automatically hate her guts or whatever. It simply means they don't really care for her or her music, lots of idols don't do well in charts, does Korea hate all of them?

Something more like SNSD at concert is more of a revenge story. Hated at debut by a ton by collective BG fans they get black ocean at their first dream concert. Years later they return as the headline act and have the entire audience, mainly made up of fans of other groups, singing along.

• How is it revenge? Just because people didn't listen to it doesn't mean they automatically hate her guts or whatever. It simply means they don't really care for her or her music, lots of idols don't do well in charts, does Korea hate all of them?

Something more like SNSD at dream cover l concert is more of a revenge story. Hated a ton by collective BG fans they get block ocean. Years later that return as the headline act and have the entire audience singing along.

A lot kpop stan was dragging lisa fyi

• The songs were lukewarm at best

People just want the views on tiktok cuz she's popular worldwide

that be true if money stream weren't reach 3.5million a day and sales wouldn't be increasing everyday. Local are liking it enough to look for it and stream on their own it's not just because she popular

Edited once, last by tt1267 ().

• It's kinda scary how Lisa Karma is actually a thing...like when she gets given the same outfit for her concert- Swalla goes viral, gets sent to a military show - ends up as dance mentor for one of the most popular show in China, people were trying to push down Lilifilm 3 choreo as plagirized, her legs go viral worldwide...everytime something bad happens to her, she comes back bigger and slaps her haters in the face in the most unexpected ways. If I was a hater I'd pop and vein and have a stroke by now.

• You know what's funnier? Squid game cast using the song.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• that be true if money stream weren't reach 3.5million a day and sales wouldn't be increasing everyday. Local are liking it enough to look for it and stream on their own it's not just she popular

She has 60m followers. She can get that streaming numbers with her fans alone

• It's kinda scary how Lisa Karma is actually a thing...like when she gets given the same outfit for her concert- Swalla goes viral, gets sent to a military show - ends up as dance mentor for one of the most popular show in China, people were trying to push down Lilifilm 3 choreo as plagirized, her legs go viral worldwide...everytime something bad happens to her, she comes back bigger and slaps her haters in the face in the most unexpected ways. If I was a hater I'd pop and vein and have a stroke by now.

Word. It’s amazing

• No it’s not a karma, she did it international with her HUGE POPULARITY. Instead of Karma, i like calling it a fate. Her international star is just in another league among asian

• It’s not that deep different songs go viral in different places.

I don’t know why Lisa fans are so fixated on this and being cringe about.

It’s actually not racist that some songs do better than others in some countries. And a country can be totally racist and still enjoy songs from a particular race. In fact that situation happens more often. Consuming the art of the people you can’t even respect.

Take the L and stfu. Because this sort of constant targeting of an entire country because they don’t care about your favs music is far more racist than the country itself.

• And we gonna ignore the racist comments she got, she always get shamed for having sea fans...

plus lalisa is literally a bp reject if it was others members song it would have smashed in Korea

• And we gonna ignore the racist comments she got, she always get shamed for having sea fans...

plus lalisa is literally a bp reject if it was others members song it would have smashed in Korea

“Racist comments she got”

You will find racist comments from ifans too. What on earth is this sort of image that everyone in Korea is represented by hateful online comments

I don’t get it.

That’s like calling you racist because AKP is filled with them.

Something more like SNSD at concert is more of a revenge story. Hated at debut by a ton by collective BG fans they get black ocean at their first dream concert. Years later they return as the headline act and have the entire audience, mainly made up of fans of other groups, singing along.

The problem is that Koreans never even bothered listening to it, they didnt even bother hitting the play button ONCE. While they had no problem at least CHECKING OUT Rose's song or Jennie's song. If Lisa got 436k UL and then bombed afterwards, that would be much more understandable, that means Korean GP gave it a shot and hated it. But they didnt even do that while they had no problem doing that for Jennie and Rose.

It's because she's Thai. We all know it. As a KA, i'm fucking embarassed af ngl.

• The problem is that Koreans never even bothered listening to it, they didnt even bother hitting the play button ONCE. While they had no problem at least CHECKING OUT Rose's song or Jennie's song. If Lisa got 436k UL and then bombed afterwards, that would be much more understandable, that means Korean GP gave it a shot and hated it. But they didnt even do that while they had no problem doing that for Jennie and Rose.

It's because she's Thai. We all know it. As a KA, i'm fucking embarassed af ngl.

That just sounds like fans making up racism or whatever the appropriate term is to excuse poor charting. That's even more embarrassing.

• That just sounds like fans making up racism or whatever the appropriate term is to excuse poor charting. That's even more embarrassing.

nothing embarrassing about this

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• lol wut? Poor charting because Koreans dont care about Lisa because she's Thai. How is this an excuse? It's literal fact.

Or Korea doesn’t like the song and it’s not to their taste? Not every hit international song kpop or otherwise is a hit in Korea you know

The only person sounding racist here is you. Generalizing a whole country.

• Or Korea doesn’t like the song and it’s not to their taste? Not every hit international song kpop or otherwise is a hit in Korea you know

The only person sounding racist here is you. Generalizing a whole country.

Korea never even bothered to listen to it. That's my entire point. They literally saw it on Melon and scrolled right past it. If she got 436k UL and bombed, nobody would call them racist. But they never even checked it out like they did for Rose and Jennie.

And how can i be racist against my own race, wha---?

I know how Koreans view SEA. I grew up in a Korean household exposed to hundreds of other Koreans and KAs. Believe me i know.

• Korea never even bothered to listen to it. That's my entire point. They literally saw it on Melon and scrolled right past it. If she got 436k UL and bombed, nobody would call them racist. But they never even checked it out like they did for Rose and Jennie.

And how can i be racist against my own race, wha---?

I know how Koreans view SEA. I grew up in a Korean household exposed to hundreds of other Koreans and KAs. Believe me i know.

Korea doesn’t bother listening to a lot of songs. Are you new to kpop? Lol.

Even if you know that’s YOUR experience. You generalizing IS racist.

• Korea doesn’t bother listening to a lot of songs. Are you new to kpop? Lol.

Even if you know that’s YOUR experience. You generalizing IS racist.

So why did they bother listening to every other BP soloist but not Lisa? They literally didnt even GIVE IT A CHANCE, these are three idols of the same damn group that everyone in Korean knows. If Lisa had the same initial UL as Rose and Jennie, and then bombed, nobody would be complaining racism. But this isnt what happened.

The huge discrepancy in initial UL should be a massive warning flag to anyone with brains.

And nope, nobody is gonna police how i view my own experiences and opinions formed from literal decades of interacting with and growing up Korean. If i say Korean racist attitudes towards SEA people impacts how they treated Lisa vs how they treated Jennie and Rose, that's it. EOD.

• lol wut? Poor charting because Koreans dont care about Lisa because she's Thai. How is this an excuse? It's literal fact.

Like I've said before in this thread explain why a bunch other idols flop or underperform and the vast majority are Korean. No one has been able to come up with an answer...

Wendy is the best female singer of 3rd gen from one of the biggest ggs around so why didn't she destroy the charts? Must be because of the hate her Canadian background. How come Twice aren't charting as well as they did a few years ago? I bet the public just now realised almost half the group is non Korean and decided to go racist. Hyoyeon flopped, I guess they must think she's a white girl and don't want her leeching of Korea.

Lisa flopped in Korea. Just accept it and move on especially when she's made strides rest of the world instead of literally making up trump level conspiracy theories.

• Like I've said before in this thread explain why a bunch other idols flop or underperform and the vast majority are Korean. No one has been able to come up with an answer...

Wendy is the best female singer of 3rd gen from one of the biggest ggs around so why didn't she destroy the charts? Must be because of the hate her Canadian background. How come Twice aren't charting as well as they did a few years ago? I bet the public just now realised almost half the group is non Korean and decided to go racist. Hyoyeon flopped, I guess they must think she's a white girl and don't want her leeching of Korea.

Lisa flopped in Korea. Just accept it and move on especially when she's made strides rest of the world instead of literally making up trump level conspiracy theories.

What i'm saying is that BP had 3 soloists. Koreans bothered to check out Rose and Jennie, they never even hit PLAY on Lisa's song. Like the discrepancy is HUGE. If Lisa had 436UL and bombed, nobody would be complaining racism. How can you not see the plain truth that is literally staring you in the face?? :rolleyes:

• This thread contains 58 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!