Netizens criticize after seeing Snowdrop’s introduction on Disney Plus

• Introducing Snowdrop on Disney Plus

Introducing-Snowdrop-on-Disney-Plus.jpg

It’s the same as the original summary..

original post: theqoo

1. Are they crazy? They didn’t change anything..?

2. I think they didn’t change anything

3. It’s stupid to believe what they say.. Let’s boycott Snowdrop

4. Crazy.. The whole world will watch it because of BLACKPINK’s popularity

5. I want to boycott Disney Plus… Seriously

6. I hate everything, from the production team to the castㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. Didn’t BLACKPINK Jisoo’s fans even issue a statement to stop filming that drama?

8. How can we prevent this? Please tell me

9. After watching episode 1, we have to make a list of advertisers and boycott themㅋㅋ That’s how we stop this drama

10. We should boycott advertisers

• oh man this plot sounds like abit of a mess

why gotta make a drama that main character is a spy terrorist? even romanticize it?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I thought it was delayed so long because they were refilming it wtf

yeah I've read they've changed name of Jisoo's character

but overall Korea can boycott this, it doesn't change a fact that like one comment said, the whole world will watch it :pepe-hehe:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm not saying their opinion isn't valid but at least wait for the first episode..after that then make the decision to boycott or not

I've been excited for this drama since the announcement and the plot makes me wonder what type of drama it will be, feels too soon to say it will romanticize anything

• For one time I don't care about sk netizens.

All I want is for it to air.

They better not ruin Jisoo new drama... it's been too long since I've been waiting for her drama debut.

• I don’t think they will romanticize that. Like in many Kdramas there is a twist or people being falsely accused of something etc etc.

and thats exactly what koreans dont want and it will cause even a bigger backlash bc its twisting history!

In real life these two characters are enemy of democracy who sent their fellow students to be tortured and die horribly at the hand of a dictator government.

• and thats exactly what koreans dont want and it will cause even a bigger backlash bc its twisting history!

In real life these two characters are enemy of democracy who sent their fellow students to be tortured and die horribly at the hand of a dictator government.

No, they changed the names of the characters, it’s a story on its own.

If the names are still on Disney Plus, it’s probably because Disney Plus copy pasted the old introduction.

• No, they changed the names of the characters, it’s a story on its own.

If the names are still on Disney Plus, it’s probably because Disney Plus copy pasted the old introduction.

Nah, it doesn't change much unfortunately. It's still based on a real life event, same year and many other similarities, it's not that hard for koreans to put 2 and 2 together. They will be able to dodge a bullet if they changed it up completely but it's still a sensitive topic for them, romanticizing it will only make it worse. Maybe that's why is getting a Disney+ premiere, the producers probably heavily rely on the international audience since it's already in hot waters in SK.

• wasn’t their petition to cancel the show denied by the k government already? Also, if SK is not gonna watch it, the rest of the world will. By how greedy Disney is, I don’t think they will waste their profit

I don't expect the Government to be able to cancel it. It's censorship if they do. It would be kinda ironic for a government to censor a show because it undermined the democratic movement.

Joseon Exorcist was cancelled because all their sponsors pulled out, not because of the Government. No money = No drama.

• Nah, it doesn't change much unfortunately. It's still based on a real life event, same year and many other similarities, it's not that hard for koreans to put 2 and 2 together. They will be able to dodge a bullet if they changed it up completely but it's still a sensitive topic for them, romanticizing it will only make it worse. Maybe that's why is getting a Disney+ premiere, the producers probably heavily rely on the international audience since it's already in hot waters in SK.

Nah, the ones complaining just ignored JTBC’s statement to this.

“"Snowdrop uses the background and theme of the 1987 political situation around the presidential election and not the democratic movement. The fictional story will tell the story of the military regime, the National Security Agency and how they have vested interests that collude with the North Korean dictatorship to maintain power,"

They had Youth of May which also set at the same time and depicted real live events like the Gwangju uprising.

If they put a disclaimer at the very beginning that the characters and the storyline is fictional it’s all good.

They are like this because Jisoo is playing in the movie. Just a few days ago they tried to paint her as a traitor for posting with a iPhone instead of a Samsung.

The Blue house gave it a go and JTBC is pro democracy, they wouldn’t produce a show were its anti democracy.

why gotta make a drama that main character is a spy terrorist? even romanticize it?

can someone pls let me know where the "spy terrorist" bit came from?

i have not seen anything the alludes to hae in being a spy or terrorist. the initial backlash afaik came from jisoo's characters name?

the synopsis only says: "Im Soo-ho (Jung Hae-in) plays a graduate student who, after participating in a pro-democracy protest, is discovered covered in blood by Eun Young-ro (Jisoo), a female university student. It is revealed that Soo-ho is not who he appears to be."
    and the character synopsis only says: "A college student who was raised in Germany and hides a secret."

the secret could be anything from him being a scorpion to a woman in drag-

where'd the spy bit come from?

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Well nothing more to do for blinks except pray that this doesn't damage her image in korea. Image is very important and jisoo's unlucky that her first drama is causing this much mess.

Yeah let’s hope they do not romanticize it but I do not get how people can oppose it that heavily without having seen it. It’s just a short description and not the whole drama. It could turn out quite differently or vice versa worse. After the airing I could understand the frustration if it turns out like this but without it idk. Also doing movies about controversial topics like war, death and so on should not be forbidden even if they are sensitive topics. Romantication of these should not be supported though

• He plays a North Korean spy probably. The eastern part of Germany helped a lot of North Koreans before the unification of Germany.

• you say probably again

aren't we all just assuming at this point?

Yeah maybe I didn’t highlight but that’s what I also said in my post before. People should wait until the drama is aired.

But the conclusion stems from North Koreans who lived in the DDR (east Germany) and trained under the military to be spies in Western countries.

• This thread contains 44 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!