What is your favourite Studio Ghibli/ Hayao Miyazaki film?

• If you know and watch anime then of course you must have come across this legend - considered to be one of the most accomplished filmmakers ever in animation and if you don't ????????????????????????????? NANI

So yeah What is your favourite film from Studio Ghibli or Hayao Miyazaki?

Mine is Laputa Castle in the Sky because it is one of the only movies I remember watching before I came to Australia

• Grave of the Fireflies - Probably my personal favorite and the one I have a hard time re-watching.

Howl's Moving Castle - There's something very sincere with Howl's without it being too saccharine. It feels like a fairy tale before fairy tales have been commercialized and Disney-fied.

The Tale of Princes Kaguya - For the art direction first and foremost. The Sumi-e aesthetic is very unique.

• There're a lot....but....

I'm a cat's lover, so The Cat's Return.

Tonari no Totoro, because I love rural village anime (and neko no basu :love:).

Howl Moving Castle, well...Howl is cute.

Spirited Away, a masterpiece, and I really want to try to cosplay as Kaonashi.

Whisper of The heart. Again:Neko ga daisuki.

Kiki's Delivery Service. Jiji, mahou kuroneko is the best.

• Tbh I am not a big fan of them, I don't know why. They are not bad, but I just didn't get that invested in them which was kind of a let down since I had heard so many good things about all of them. I would pick Howl's Moving Castel since I liked the background music though.

What do you think about Makoto Shinkai's anime? Kimi no Nawa? Tenki No Ko? 5Cm per second?

• Your Name is amazing. His previous works are really good too, they're just more bittersweet.

Kotonoha no Niwa makes me cry so much. Your Name might be the first Shinkai work with shoujo-like happy ending.

I actually wanted to comment that his anime was more up my alley, but I thought maybe it was a little off to say it in a thread about Studio Ghibli ^ ^"

I personally find them a bit more interesting and like them more overall though.

Oopss...I'm oot :sweatr: actually I also want to talk about Mamoru Hosoda works like Summer Wars, A girl who leapt through the time, etc.

selfmate sorryyy.... :nervousk:

• Your Name is amazing. His previous works are really good too, they're just more bittersweet.

YES! Too bittersweet...

Oopss...I'm oot :sweatr: actually I also want to talk about Mamoru Hosoda works like Summer Wars, A girl who leapt through the time, etc.

Lol! Omg, I have like a love hate relationship with that one. I like his works, but at the same time there is something that really bugs me about it. They left a bigger impression on me and I would be more willing to re-watch them though.

I am sure they will forgive us, or at least I hope.. >.>

original.gif

~ ʚ ♡ ɞ ~

• Kotonoha no Niwa makes me cry so much. Your Name might be the first Shinkai work with shoujo-like happy ending.

GET OUT OF MY THREAD NOW - how dare you discuss another filmmaker in this thread ? why i should... :cursing:

• GET OUT OF MY THREAD NOW - how dare you discuss another filmmaker in this thread ? why i should... :cursing:

Yaaay....Here's Kawaranai Mono, let sing together for a peaceful thread :happyr:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lol! Omg, I have like a love hate relationship with that one. I like his works, but at the same time there is something that really bugs me about it. They left a bigger impression on me and I would be more willing to re-watch them though.

I am sure they will forgive us, or at least I hope.. >.>

Summer Wars is cute, even after they blow out some parts of their house, at least it's happy ending :angryr:

The girl (such a long title, TXT can relate), I love it so much. But what bothers me is the art. It's too simple? Or maybe because I'm getting used with cinematic ones like Shinkai's movie.

• Summer Wars is cute, even after they blow out some parts of their house, at least it's happy ending :angryr:

The girl (such a long title, TXT can relate), I love it so much. But what bothers me is the art. It's too simple? Or maybe because I'm getting used with cinematic ones like Shinkai's movie.

Summer Wars was probably the one I liked the most since it was the "happiest" one lol.

Art wise for sure, Shinkai's is the winner. Hosoda's art doesn't bother me as much tbh, but SG's signature look is just not for me... it's a little too ugly for my liking ^ ^"

I meant like plot/story wise for me. I like the overall story they have (very interesting), but there is always a part that makes me upset somehow? Like I feel they could be even better sort of thing. It's hard to explain.

original.gif

~ ʚ ♡ ɞ ~

• Yaaay....Here's Kawaranai Mono, let sing together for a peaceful thread :happyr:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i think thats the other thing about Gbhili/mayazaki films the music....

OMG Joe f****** Hisaishi man his musical scores are just as genuis as mayazaki

unfortunately the song you played me just didn't hit the spot sorry

• Laputa for me. If we can count Nausicaa, I'd say that one.

I do have a special place for some under mentioned ones like Ocean Waves, Only Yesterday, and Whisper of the Heart.

• i think thats the other thing about Gbhili/mayazaki films the music....

OMG Joe f****** Hisaishi man his musical scores are just as genuis as mayazaki

unfortunately the song you played me just didn't hit the spot sorry

Now that reminds me, I watched Joe Hisaishi Ghibli concert before.

Then here's Summer for you :claps:

https://mobile.twitter.com/soobdough/status/1340391976135487489

• Now that reminds me, I watched Joe Hisaishi Ghibli concert before.

Then here's Summer for you :claps:

https://mobile.twitter.com/soobdough/status/1340391976135487489

nice I love idols who can play piano..

btw heuning kai was the one from txt who caught my face...what is his background in terms of ethnicity...does he have chinese blood in him?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!