Things fans get mad about, but you were like “what were they expecting”

• 1. Idols/companies giving away fan gifts.

Like they really think the company or their faves will keep all the gifts… like which place ? Not to mention that some gifts are extremely expensive, should it just rot somewhere in the dungeon?

2. Finding out that not all members are that close to each other.

Well…. They are coworkers before they are friends, great if they consider themself siblings… but let’s be realistic here.

3. Them dating!

Self explanatory

4. Idols looking bored or not smiling.

I don’t get how people can get mad at people for not smiling 24/7 and call it unprofessional. These people are humans not Cyborgs and it’s very possible that not every performance (especially if you have already seen it 100 times) is that enjoyable. Someone having a straight face looking at something doesn’t mean they angry or don’t like someone/something… and even so, we have bad moods at times too.

5. Not liking their faves latest comeback and try to blame the company/producer.

Seriously you not liking your faves newest release is a You-Problem, music is subjective. I don’t get how some fans get all mad about the fact that their faves music wasn’t to their taste and blame the company/producers for not releasing another Song as title ( which they liked more) or why they don’t go back to release their old style of music. I often also find this attitude quite entitled and rude, as they like to ignore that many others did like it or even think it’s the best that has been released so far.

• 5. Not liking their faves latest comeback and try to blame the company/producer.

Seriously you not liking your faves newest release is a You-Problem, music is subjective. I don’t get how some fans get all mad about the fact that their faves music wasn’t to their taste and blame the company/producers for not releasing another Song as title ( which they liked more) or why they don’t go back to release their old style of music. I often also find this attitude quite entitled, as they like to ignore that many others do like it or even think it’s the best that has been released so far.

If your faves are able to make their own songs then we wouldn't have this problem

:pepe-smug:  :pepe-smug:

• 4. Idols looking bored or not smiling.

I don’t get how people can get mad at people for not smiling 24/7 and call it unprofessional. These people are humans not Cyborgs and it’s very possible that not every performance (especially if you have already seen it 100 times) is that enjoyable. Someone having a straight face looking at something doesn’t mean they angry or don’t like someone/something… and even so, we have bad moods at times too.

OMG this :pepefacepalm: the amount of unnecessary drama I witnessed lol

Almost everyones mind wander sometimes even during hype moments lol NO ONE can keep their face smiling for a whole day...

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• If your faves are able to make their own songs then we wouldn't have this problem

:pepe-smug:  :pepe-smug:

Well majority of fans don’t want to criticize their faves or hold them accountable for things they didn’t like… so if it’s their faves work and they didn’t like it, they will just pretend that they do like it… no criticism anymore just love!!

:pepe-use-head:

• This. Even irl when people are annoyed at me (who isn't even an idol) for not being happy and cheery all the time. We aren't allowed to feel bored or a little down???

It’s ok to not be ok!!!

I don’t get this mindset where people expect others to look happy and cheerful 24/7… and if something happens to that person they all go “ omg why, they always looked so happy “ ………

People want realness from others, but than expect perfection the whole time.

• OMG this :pepefacepalm: the amount of unnecessary drama I witnessed lol

Almost everyones mind wander sometimes even during hype moments lol NO ONE can keep their face smiling for a whole day...

Whole Threads to confirm Idol A doesn’t like/disrespects Group B, because Idol A didn’t smile during Group B’s performance……….

• Well majority of fans don’t want to criticize their faves or hold them accountable for things they didn’t like… so if it’s their faves work and they didn’t like it, they will just pretend that they do like it… no criticism anymore just love!!

:pepe-use-head:

Song is good and does well on charts: MY FAVES VOCALS OMG EARGASM THOSE LYRICS I LOVE IT GP HAS TASTE YOUR FAVES COULD FKING NEVER

Song does badly on charts: BITCH COMPANY SABOTAGING XXXX HATE THIS COMPANY SO MUCH I HOPE THEY LEAVE IMMEDIATELY STUPID COMPANY WHY ARE THEY SABOTAGING THEM THEY HATE THEM IT'S SO OBVIOUS THEY DON'T DESERVE THIS SUCH MISTREATMENT

• Song is good and does well on charts: MY FAVES VOCALS OMG EARGASM THOSE LYRICS I LOVE IT GP HAS TASTE YOUR FAVES COULD FKING NEVER

Song does badly on charts: BITCH COMPANY SABOTAGING XXXX HATE THIS COMPANY SO MUCH I HOPE THEY LEAVE IMMEDIATELY STUPID COMPANY WHY ARE THEY SABOTAGING THEM THEY HATE THEM IT'S SO OBVIOUS THEY DON'T DESERVE THIS SUCH MISTREATMENT

I laughed so hard I can’t

:pepe-joy:

It can go from 1 - 100 real quick… It all depends on the chart position!!!

It’s even funnier if a Song wasn’t performing so well at the beginning and they post so many rants about how the company is screwing their faves up because the Song is so bad… than it suddenly starts to rise and becomes a hit and all of the sudden they scream SOTY or “ oh well the Song has now grow on me, I like it now BEST SONG!!!”…. Like Please!!!! a few weeks ago you said the Song is trash.

• Not liking their faves latest comeback and try to blame the company/producer.

Seriously you not liking your faves newest release is a You-Problem, music is subjective. I don’t get how some fans get all mad about the fact that their faves music wasn’t to their taste and blame the company/producers for not releasing another Song as title ( which they liked more) or why they don’t go back to release their old style of music. I often also find this attitude quite entitled and rude, as they like to ignore that many others did like it or even think it’s the best that has been released so far.

I think this argument is kind of a slippery slope which can't be talked about specifically without examples. Because so many times some of these statements come from fans who are disappointed in the comeback let's say and then it's perfectly reasonable to do so if you don't like a cb. These are opinions too, of course if the topic has been beaten to death every cb by same people then I understand fans exhaustion but people are in no way entitled because they say things like xyz artist/prod should have done a better job. If we are fans of an artist, it is perfectly reasonable to criticize their work.

• When "fans" complain about how an idol looks appearance wise. Could be concern about their weight, how their face isn't "pretty", etc. Contributes to a toxic environment and brings down idols mental health.

The fact that Sunwoo apologized for "snappin'" back at a fan who told him to lose weight... nah don't apologize for that.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I think this argument is kind of a slippery slope which can't be talked about specifically without examples. Because so many times some of these statements come from fans who are disappointed in the comeback let's say and then it's perfectly reasonable to do so if you don't like a cb. These are opinions too, of course if the topic has been beaten to death every cb by same people then I understand fans exhaustion but people are in no way entitled because they say things like xyz artist/prod should have done a better job. If we are fans of an artist, it is perfectly reasonable to criticize their work.

If the quality of the Song is bad, this criticism is valid.

But if you simply didn’t like a Song because of the beat, genre etc… it’s quite entitled to say they should release better music… it’s you who didn’t like it.

• When "fans" complain about how an idol looks appearance wise. Could be concern about their weight, how their face isn't "pretty", etc. Contributes to a toxic environment and brings down idols mental health.

The fact that Sunwoo apologized for "snappin'" back at a fan who told him to lose weight... nah don't apologize for that.

Imagine getting criticized for rightfully defending yourself because someone crossed the line.

• Imagine getting criticized for rightfully defending yourself because someone crossed the line.

Yeah I noticed when it comes to dating, idols will sometimes apologize for it too. Like I remember Bobby apologizing for possibly upsetting his fans for being in a relationship. Like, man you shouldn't have to apologize for living your life. It's really concerning how "fans" control the idols personal lives and shit.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• If the quality of the Song is bad, this criticism is valid.

But if you simply didn’t like a Song because of the beat, genre etc… it’s quite entitled to say they should release better music… it’s you who didn’t like it.

But what defines quality?? As you said it is subjective. So where do we go from here? Everyone wil give their opinions based on their preferences. People who make and release music know they can't please everyone at the same time and thus will receive criticism no matter what they release so why is it entitlement from the people criticizing?

• But what defines quality?? As you said it is subjective. So where do we go from here? Everyone wil give their opinions based on their preferences. People who make and release music know they can't please everyone at the same time and thus will receive criticism no matter what they release so why is it entitlement from the people criticizing?

No quality is not subjective, taste it. People confuse these two so often.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!