If you don’t have anything nice to say about a group just DON’T say it at all!

• :pepe-use-head:

It’s one thing to be like “Oh I don’t really like this song from a group I stan/follow” but I’m tired of people putting in their opinions that shit on groups they clearly don’t even like, and obviously won’t have anything good to say in the first place. I would never purposely do that to a group I didn’t even like, since I wouldn’t be so keen on following their music in the first place. This is how fan wars start, when Fans of one group shit on another group or their fandom that they aren’t even a part of.

My take: If you don’t have something good to say about a group who you personally do not even LIKE, then don’t say shit about anything related to them in a type of way. It would be different if you just aren’t a fan because of a a group’s music style, ect. That’s different then walking the line of being a clown and always feeling the need to comment and hate on something.

I feel like this should be obvious, but it definitely isn’t.

End of short rant.

• My family always tough me to be to be quiet if don't have nothing nice to say about someone/something especially if I don't know these people/things. I don't really like a lot of groups in kpop (just personal taste, everyone is different and we all like different things). Also in general I really admire idols because they really work hard to achieve their dreams sometimes is not so favorable conditions, even If I don't like their music/ style

• My family always tough me to be to be quiet if don't have nothing nice to say about someone/something especially if I don't know these people/things. I don't really like a lot of groups in kpop (just personal taste, everyone is different and we all like different things). Also in general I really admire idols because they really work hard to achieve their dreams sometimes is not so favorable conditions, even If I don't like their music/ style

Perioddd. We all have our own preferences but out of respect people need to learn to just zip it.

• who you personally do not even LIKE

i think the problem is that it doesn’t matter whether you PERSONALLY don’t like them or not, your treated the same no matter the personal opinion.

I’ve talked about groups whose music i actually follow, but if you say anything besides positive, you get called a hater and anti, instead of them just seeing you as someone giving an impartial negative opinion about a group you don’t stan, but follow/like their music.

• I’ve talked about groups whose music i actually follow, but if you say anything besides positive, you get called a hater and anti, instead of them just seeing you as someone giving an impartial negative opinion about a group you don’t stan, but follow/like their music.

AGREED. It’s definitely a whole other issue when someone jumps on somebody for sharing an impartial opinion, because that happens just as often. For me anyways, I can tell the difference between someone sharing their thoughts and then aggressively bashing something. There’s definitely a line and I think it has a lot to do how someone chooses to come across. The problem comes when someone can’t take any kind of criticism. But in this case I’m talking about users who very obviously hate on something by using trash talk, insulting words, ect.

• I respect people's opinions if they really properly listen to the music or know the group. So if they don't like the song/the group, criticize them with no harm feeling, judge them fairly, then it's fine ig.

Personally, if I don't like certain songs or group, I will just stay silent. We're all have different taste anw, why we should make a fuss about it.

• I respect people's opinions if they really properly listen to the music or know the group. So if they don't like the song/the group, criticize them with no harm feeling, judge them fairly, then it's fine ig.

Personally, if I don't like certain songs or group, I will just stay silent. We're all have different taste anw, why we should make a fuss about it.

Period. Be respectful.

• I think I've bashed and expressed negative opinion about group I have been a fan of more than about whatever else kpop act cause I actually care about my faves and their content and quite involved in those, so mayhaps it's the same case for haters, antis, trolls, other kpop acts' fans)))

• respectfully disagree

you can give your opinion about a group if you want to, even if it's negative.

what matters is the context, and even in the wrong context, you can do it, but you'll get deserved backlash.

you don't need to be a fan to have an opinion. saying you have to like a group to be able to say something about them is just thought policing. not everyone is biased against groups to the point where you have to silence them. it just sounds like some of yall cant take an opinion that doesn't match yours.

coming into a forum (or thread) that's a space for fans of a group to appreciate it, and shitting on the group is a dick move, and people will bash you for it and it's deserved. however, if you want to give an opinion, positive or negative in an open space (like all of akp - appreciation threads) then that's not unjustified. sometimes fans take themselves and the groups they stan too seriously, and wont take the slightest bit of criticism, even when it's probably warranted. perhaps a lot of fanwars wouldn't happen if fans could just laugh at the ones instigating them.

now the thing i think is wrong, is encroaching a space that's meant for appreciation, shitting on the group, and then calling the ones giving you backlash toxic. that's just being an ass.

eg: going into a bop or flop thread to say a song sucked vs going into an appreciation thread

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• I feel like maybe my initial point wasn’t too clear, since I agree with what you and others have been saying. When I refer to not having something nice to say, I mean shitting on a group and bashing said groups vs saying you don’t like something about a group/ a song of a group even if you don’t follow them. It’s more about how something is said like even:

This song is terrible vs This song is so fucking bad it makes my ears bleed off. It’s a threat to life.

Like troll type behavior, especially coming from users/people who are known for not liking and/or hating on whatever said group is being discussed.

• exactly!!

• I think that saying is overused and too simplistic because anything remotely negative is not nice. I agree with your sentiment though. Like was said already, context matters.

• I feel like maybe my initial point wasn’t too clear, since I agree with what you and others have been saying. When I refer to not having something nice to say, I mean shitting on a group and bashing said groups vs saying you don’t like something about a group/ a song of a group even if you don’t follow them. It’s more about how something is said like even:

This song is terrible vs This song is so fucking bad it makes my ears bleed off. It’s a threat to life.

Like troll type behavior, especially coming from users/people who are known for not liking and/or hating on whatever said group is being discussed.

where do you draw the line? what counts as troll and what doesn't?

what you appear to want to say is: "if you're an anti stay out of threads about the group you hate"

your point has to start with someone biased.

i could easily say, let's say, how you like that (i love the song dont get me wrong), makes my ears bleed and i hate it so much and teddy should just quit already, but no one would bat an eyelash because i'm obviously not a blackpink anti. but how can you tell if someone doesn't like a group, or just doesn't hate a group?

if i have a history of hating songs from xyz group, i still get to have the opinion of not liking their latest release. all that matters is context.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Fair. You can have an opinion but why would someone that is known for not liking a group, continue to comment on songs or other aspects of a group if they don’t even like them in the first place. It would be better for all involved if those said people could learn to not say anything. But I respect everything your saying. It’s near impossible to draw lines without a specific situation or example. This thread is meant for people that don’t have anything nice to say about groups that they don’t support to begin with.

• one of the most enjoyable things about kpop is fandom wars, without it kpop wouldnt be as big as it today.

also it is dumb to say that you cant say bad things about a group, grow up!

• If it’s mean spirited then I agree. But kpop fans need to stop being hypersensitive and getting triggered by literally any criticism (even constructive) towards their faves. Not everyone gonna kiss your faves asses and worship them 24/7 and not everything your faves does is perfect. Get over it (this isn’t directed to you OP, just generally speaking).

Criticism is always good. Kpop fans have turned into ass leaking yes men/women and it’s annoying tbh. And it’s one of the reasons this very forum suffers so much these days.

• yes and no I guess

the question isn't so much about not saying anything mean or nice but rather engaging in a meaningful conversation/argument/debate whist being respectful

It would be nice if people with different opinions are able to communicate effectively without resorting to insults, put downs etc but this is the internet so...

• I suppose I’m talking out of both sides of my mouth here but I don’t expect everyone to like my faves and I hope they feel they can express their opinion - bad or good. I argue about songs all the time with people and sometimes have had some really good discussions inside and outside of my fandoms and I accept we may never ever agree.

But at the same time, I’m ngl, it gets old with people rolling in with “I shit for three hours one time and it’s better than the music this group puts out and people who listen to this music are just the shitty toilet paper wiping the ass of life.” We get it - you don’t like the group and its music but do you have to wander to every thread to tell us how you feel about it in that same way?

Take a break. Light a lavender candle. Balance your chi, man.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I suppose I’m talking out of both sides of my mouth here but I don’t expect everyone to like my faves and I hope they feel they can express their opinion - bad or good. I argue about songs all the time with people and sometimes have had some really good discussions inside and outside of my fandoms and I accept we may never ever agree.

But at the same time, I’m ngl, it gets old with people rolling in with “I shit for three hours one time and it’s better than the music this group puts out and people who listen to this music are just the shitty toilet paper wiping the ass of life.” We get it - you don’t like the group and its music but do you have to wander to every thread to tell us how you feel about it in that same way?

Take a break. Light a lavender candle. Balance your chi, man.

:angryr:

Ok but you’re speaking pure facts

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!