Is Japan capitulating and finally following the Kpop trends?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I dunno anything about this group or song. But they look like a Produce trainee group except for the Japanese lyrics obviously.

It's a good song too.

• Kpop ripped off Japanese concepts in the 90s.

Japan is super strict with copyright and it's harder for international fans to find regularly subbed content, thus limiting J-pop's international reach.

Japanese entertainment companies are now using models K-pop has perfected for their newer groups.

Full circle.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Well, they're following the dance practice trend at least. Two big Jpop groups are doing that nowadays.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thisssss... SM basically married the Motown system and the Johnnys system together to create kpop as we know it.

• Japanese music charts are full with a lot of rock bands and different genres as well, why do people forget those?

I love how Japan is keeping the rock tradition alive, literally the best genre of pop music ever made X(.

This is why i think JYPE is being completely moronic by not promoting Itzy more in Japan, Itzy's music has a lot more rock influence than most other groups.

• Well, they're following the dance practice trend at least. Two big Jpop groups are doing that nowadays.

Super cute, you cant deny that these choreo vids are a smart way to market your groups.

• Japanese music charts are full with a lot of rock bands and different genres as well, why do people forget those?

i wonder the same. i've been following japanese charts more lately and the amount of boy/girl groups (with some exceptions) on spotify/apple music top 100 is really small. the charts are basically rock or pop bands, soloists, yoasobi and bts lmao

• Yes, I have noticed the dance practices on YouTube and even the Tiktoks. Seems they are slowly trying to follow the global approach that Kpop took.

Maybe Japanese labels are realizing the same thing as Korean labels. Their respective domestic populations are skewing older and older, with less folks having kids. In fact i think their populations are shrinking or at least close to it.

They're gonna be highly dependent on foreign revenue in a decade or two or be forced to broaden the appeal of Kpop and Jpop groups to older demos.

• i wonder the same. i've been following japanese charts more lately and the amount of boy/girl groups (with some exceptions) on spotify/apple music top 100 is really small. the charts are basically rock or pop bands, soloists, yoasobi and bts lmao

I actually listened/listen to more Japanese music than Kpop and the charts are much more diverse than the Kpop or Korean charts. I still listen to a tons of artists and I follow it occasionally.

• I love how Japan is keeping the rock tradition alive, literally the best genre of pop music ever made X(.

This is why i think JYPE is being completely moronic by not promoting Itzy more in Japan, Itzy's music has a lot more rock influence than most other groups.

How is Itzy‘s music rock influenced? Like how? I think NiziU is exactly what Japanese people like when stanning pop bands. I think kpop is too perfect for them as in too clean. I could see Dreamcatcher as being successful there but I am

not into Jpop (or bands) I am more in the alternative rock pop department lmao

• I actually see Japan as far FAR more skewed towards rock, and particularly the harder side of rock and metal than what is traditionally offered within the confines of Kpop.

Whether there are some music execs who are trying to focus on a poppier side of things… well, I dunno, I see that as a more general pop thing rather than K pop.

• How is Itzy‘s music rock influenced? Like how? I think NiziU is exactly what Japanese people like when stanning pop bands. I think kpop is too perfect for them as in too clean. I could see Dreamcatcher as being successful there but I am

not into Jpop (or bands) I am more in the alternative rock pop department lmao

Lotta rock in their B sides plus Wannabe chorus. A couple of these are straight out rock songs, while others are mixed. The mellower songs in Crazy In Love like Mirror are structured like straight up power ballads like Mirror, others sometimes disguised with trap beats like in Love Is.

External Content youtu.be

• The use of rock elements =\= having a rock sound. They are more like British new pop that used a lot of rock elements mixed with pop elements. Japanese rock is really different from „Western“ rock. It uses a lot more elements that we would call „alternative“. The Jpop “rock“ that we know is mostly like visual

key rock which is a special genre of Japan

• That's just a show by a FNC entertainment. If you watch the show, they even speak in Korean sometimes too. It's basically like Nizi Project but I heard the system is pretty bad.

I do think Japanese is slowly beginning to follow Kpop trends, although that is mostly started because of JKpop groups like Niziu, JO1, and now INI which is created by Koreans. Jpop itself is still far from what Kpop is like right now, because most music shows sets in Japan is still configured mostly for bands and soloists and it's not really ideal for idol performances. That's why I always hate whenever JO1 performs on TV because the stages are always so dark and plain, I can barely see the performance itself lmao.

• Also, it’s quite offensive for you to say J-pop is following K-pop trends when K-pop took their whole identity. Even copying their anime’s for their Movies and dramas

this

If K-pop is mere an imitation of J-pop, why don't you simply follow J-pop? You tune into K-pop instead of J-pop clearly means there is some distinction that is beyond the language. And, just distinction clearly is Korean invention.

Why don't you just quit this forum of counterfeit K-pop and sign in a J-pop one. Oops. I forgot such thing did not exist.

That's just a show by a FNC entertainment. If you watch the show, they even speak in Korean sometimes too. It's basically like Nizi Project but I heard the system is pretty bad.

Nah. It's more similar to Sixteen with major and minor teams. I don't think such system is that bad it's just felt too odd to those familiar with Produce. Also, the execution and the presentation could be better.

• Nah. It's more similar to Sixteen with major and minor teams. I don't think such system is that bad it's just felt too odd to those familiar with Produce. Also, the execution and the presentation could be better.

I watch videos on youtube where Japanese people talk about this show, and they seem to be really hate that system. They feel like the system and the teacher is just unnecessarily harsh.

• This exactly. I never understood why Japan is super strict with copyright. It's so limiting.

the resident tzubin shipper

• I watch videos on youtube where Japanese people talk about this show, and they seem to be really hate that system. They feel like the system and the teacher is just unnecessarily harsh.

And, they like GP999's masters who did nothing better? Total bullcrap.

The trainer is just basically textbook Korean survival show dance trainer.

• And, they like GP999's masters who did nothing better? Total bullcrap.

The trainer is just basically textbook Korean survival show dance trainer.

I don't think they like GP999 either lmao. Both are just bad. But at least in GP999 we can see some fun moments and some bonding, while in this show it's just all depressing without showing the trainee's individuality, or at least that what they said.

idk about perfume, but akb48 has done quite a few dance practice videos, esp for earlier songs like uza (2014) and flying get (2011)

this isnt really anything new. recently though, a lot of those videos were taken down, but they were reuploaded by other peopleuza for instance, even had a "dance version" of the mv (that has like 5x the views of the actual mv)

here's a reuploaded dance practice video of beginner (2011)

here's one for river (2009)

the reason you wont find these anymore (only mirrored versions uploaded to avoid copyright strike) is

a. akb48 is going through rebranding because the 46 groups have built a much better image than them (they were set up as rival/sister groups) so they're trying to go with the energetic dance focused theme for akb48 as well, and it's not copying kpop since nogi46 has been doing this concept since 2011.

it was last month that on cdtv akb48 announced they were going to work harder and all that stuff so they're basically going for a brighter/more cheerful 46 concept.

b. because these were broadcast on akbingo/nemouse/akb show! and removed from youtube since this practice content was bringing the shows a lot of views.

a lot of people seem to just assume jpop is following kpop and i have no clue why they think that.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• I don't think they like GP999 either lmao. Both are just bad. But at least in GP999 we can see some fun moments and some bonding, while in this show it's just all depressing without showing the trainee's individuality, or at least that what they said.

The bonding story could not work in WIP situation. Contestants had been together for some time before the show. They were no stranger, neither to the trainer. I like WIP trainer way better as she did not make total absurd comments like GP masters and actually coached them.

I totally agree that the show hardly showed any individuality but, that is what I like in a way. To narrate one's individuality in turn results biased edit and unnecessary drama.

• Japanese entertainment companies are now using models K-pop has perfected for their newer groups.

honestly, where?

its true that twice/niziu are insanely popular in korea, but no one seems to be copying them (maybe the boygroups are, i wouldn't know, so im only speaking of girl groups)

the popular groups are mostly the 48 and 46 ones and a few like =LOVE or ≠ME(produced by rino so basically 48 again)

the only concepts remotely similar to kpop in the jpop scene rn (that cant be traced back to jpop) is this group

doing a gfriend esque concept.

the only catch? theyre dudes...

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• The bonding story could not work in WIP situation. Contestants had been together for some time before the show. They were no stranger, neither to the trainer. I like WIP trainer way better as she did not make total absurd comments like GP masters and actually coached them.

I totally agree that the show hardly showed any individuality but, that is what I like in a way. To narrate one's individuality in turn results biased edit and unnecessary drama.

Yeah, unfortunately that format doesn't work with Japanese audience. I don't see this show go well in Japan since people seems to be turned off by it.

• Is Japan capitulating and finally following the Kpop trends:

To answer this, nope.. japanese music still following their own trend and music. They didnt follow kpop, most of the popular local act there sound nothing like kpop. They have their own trend. And rock is still popular there. The top artist there like Kenshi, Yoasobi, Aimyon, Lisa, Official Higedandism just to name a few isnt same like kpop. And they are not idol either. Idol Is big in Japan but they are not mainstream like the artist i name. They are popular on their own niche. They sell a ton but their song rarely stay long in chart.

The Kpop style u see like Niziu, Jo1 and INI is make by kpop label collabrating with japanese label. It isnt make by japanese label so i dont know why u say japan is following kpop lmao. They are made bcoz kpop is big in japan and the japanese label want their own local group with that style.

• Is Japan capitulating and finally following the Kpop trends:

To answer this, nope.. japanese music still following their own trend and music. They didnt follow kpop, most of the popular local act there sound nothing like kpop. They have their own trend. And rock is still popular there. The top artist there like Kenshi, Yoasobi, Aimyon, Lisa, Official Higedandism just to name a few isnt same like kpop. And they are not idol either. Idol Is big in Japan but they are not mainstream like the artist i name. They are popular on their own niche. They sell a ton but their song rarely stay long in chart.

The Kpop style u see like Niziu, Jo1 and INI is make by kpop label collabrating with japanese label. It isnt make by japanese label so i dont know why u say japan is following kpop lmao. They are made bcoz kpop is big in japan and the japanese label want their own local group with that style.

Real insiders have spoken adversely.

• Real insiders have spoken adversely.

ok, the question is, is befirst music sound like kpop? i leave for u to judge :/

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!