4 MINUTE doesn’t get the recognition they deserve !

• I don’t think people realize how famous they were ! Everytime i see a ranking of all time kpop girl groups, they are never mentioned. Granted, i was a hardcore fan of them. But they did chart constantly in the top with every single of their release. Only Hate never hit #1 on music charts, Mirror mirror and heart to heart used to be #1 and #2 in charts for a week, hot issue was in the top 10 for 4 months (!) and is an iconic debut song that literally every koreans know, what’s your name was the first semester of 2013´s most popular song, what are you doing today beat out 2ne1 and SNSD (!) in music shows !

It is just sad that people often forget them or barely mention them. They’re as iconic as sistar or T-ara yet everybody forgets them. I understand that it’s old kpop but still !

They also are trendsetters. They literally invented the girl crush concept (the term was invented when they released crazy). Hate came out 5 years early ! This song would have been at the top today, most kpop girl crush songs literally use the same formula than this song !

please listen to some of their early days bops

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

their japan track also slay !

• Ahhh the iconic misheard intro in "mirror mirror".... 4minute's left sounds like "4minute slut 4minute slut ah ah" :pepe-sad:

i love this group (music and performance wise) but clearly they didnt have the greatest bond

k-pop gurlies aint slidin' their asses like dis no more : (

• Totally agree tha 4Minute is way underrated. To take just one composition and performance. How're Doin' Today is one of the best kpop songs I have ever heard- the quintessential mix of cuteness, almost Latinesque dance flavored sauciness and rhythm with hard pumping rap mixed in. A lovely earworm when it comes to catchiness too.

• They only released bops. this song from 2Yoon is a masterpiece.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!