how are you guys feeling about jypngg?

• i've watched the member teaser videos they've released and they seem like they're all pretty and pretty good dancers but i am just not impressed by the vocals at all.

i know jype isn't very vocally focused. twice started out as okay singers and they've improved as time has gone on, but idk. i thought bae's cover was kinda bad in all honesty, it sounded like she was struggling. but i also remember how tzuyu was on sixteen and she's gotten so much better since. am i being too harsh??? :/

i guess they're still technically trainees and they haven't even debuted yet but also like why release these covers that don't sound good and don't make the members look good???? what do you guys think?

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• i thought the vocals were ok

:pepe-back-away:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I’m gonna wait till they release music and show a concept. I think we’ve seen from group after group, that pre-debut kinda means nothing in terms of the direction or musical style a group will take.

Me liking the covers they sing won’t really matter, if they get shit songs that doesn’t show off their talent.

• i thought the vocals were ok

:pepe-back-away:

lol it's okay if you thought so! so far i think kyujin is the only one who sounded alright to me.

I don't know how to feel about them to be honest.... They're pretty and good dancers for sure but I'll hold my judgement until they debut.

yeah. i'll see how i feel when they actually debut!

ɪ

• I’m gonna wait till they release music and show a concept. I think we’ve seen from group after group, that pre-debut kinda means nothing in terms of the direction or musical style a group will take.

Me liking the covers they sing won’t really matter, if they get shit songs that doesn’t show off their talent.

that's fair. it's possible that their actual music will work for their voices more than the covers have also

ɪ

• I'm super excited.

I just have to see what type of group they'd be.

And see if I like their style and Music.

i'm super curious about their concept.

wonder girls was retro

miss a was sexy

twice was fresh and cute

itzy is teen crush

so where does that leave jypngg???? the covers they've been posting make them seem like they'll lean sexy but they're all so young that seems weird to me ?( ?(

but i also can't imagine they'd be a repeat of any past concepts, especially a teen crush/high teen one

ɪ

• i've watched the member teaser videos they've released and they seem like they're all pretty and pretty good dancers but i am just not impressed by the vocals at all.

i know jype isn't very vocally focused. twice started out as okay singers and they've improved as time has gone on, but idk. i thought bae's cover was kinda bad in all honesty, it sounded like she was struggling. but i also remember how tzuyu was on sixteen and she's gotten so much better since. am i being too harsh??? :/

i guess they're still technically trainees and they haven't even debuted yet but also like why release these covers that don't sound good and don't make the members look good???? what do you guys think?

Meh I mean it’s a combination of the covers and the song choices themselves. For now Kyungjin’s song suited her the most, Jiwoo, Kyunjin, Bae and Sullyoon all seem to be not technical singers, with Sulliyoon, Jiwoo and Kyunjin being on a lower level and Bae being slightly stronger but her song choice wasn’t exactly the best one. Jinni has almost nonexistent support a la Yeji? I need to go back and check.

The age of the girls plays a big factor, the younger Treasure vocal line member (2004 too I believe) is also a very weak vocalist but he has a nice tone and he knows how to manage his voice. Actually pretty much all of Treasure are technically weak vocalists besides Bang Yedam (weak to average) but they’re also very young.

I think 3mix outsourced vocal training outside of JYP, they all have similar problems with their chest however each member’s problems are separate. Sunye, Yerin, Jimin has vocal training outside of JYP. It’s basically a no brainer that this group is very likely not going to have a vocalist on the level of Lia unless someone shockingly improved.

Before someone says SM vocal coaches are good I also disagree with that statement.

Jiwoo however had some terrible auto tune on her part so I can’t tell if she’s the weakest and can’t stay on pitch or they did her dirty with that cover.

Lily M was quite weak on Kpopstar as a vocalist so I wonder how she is now.

If this group has a concept similar to Nizu but darker then that makes sense, Nizu does not have a single technical vocalist although Nina has a lot of potential because she’s not being very airy. Mako is also promising I believe.

They will improve with time.

• they'll definitely improve, i think all groups do as time goes on! but yeah they're just weak singers and i guess i felt like i was supposed to go "woooow" since they're releasing covers but i've mostly felt underwhelmed

ɪ

• And they prolly struggling to perfect their English we never know their true voice let’s hear them singing korean first they prolly gonna be better singing their own language

• I would love if they were like a young FX.

• The vocals are not at all impressive. But very pretty girls. Good dancers. I think most people have the same thoughts about the traniess.

I think they are still introducing the members and after that we'll move on to the concept of the group. At last a we'll maybe get a bigger gg from a big3.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• If Lily M debuts at least they will have a really good main vocal

I`m always excited for new big ggs, but i wish they would come later like JYP should focus on Itzy first their new song is great, but many koreans didn`t hear it which means JYP needs to work on getting Itzy stable first then start thinking about new gg

❤︎ Girls' Generation ❤︎ N C T ❤︎ Red Velvet ❤︎ ae spa ❤︎

6e9ff8522b602d528710161e21247989328c7faf.gifv3619ff6031a383f824fe1d511bcbfb7f249c21df.gifv

• And they prolly struggling to perfect their English we never know their true voice let’s hear them singing korean first they prolly gonna be better singing their own language

Everyone is solid can hold a note they just need one super good vocalist and legit rapper then it’s going to be perfect

that's true, maybe they'd sound more natural in korean and have better control. and there's supposedly two more members to be revealed, so maybe that's who they would be :/

ɪ

• The vocals are not at all impressive. But very pretty girls. Good dancers. I think most people have the same thoughts about the traniess.

I think they are still introducing the members and after that we'll move on to the concept of the group. At last a we'll maybe get a bigger gg from a big3.

they're so pretty! like, all of them so far are super cute and they're solid dancers. i love that it'll be a bigger group too.

If Lily M debuts at least they will have a really good main vocal

I`m always excited for new big ggs, but i wish they would come later like JYP should focus on Itzy first their new song is great, but many koreans didn`t hear it which means JYP needs to work on getting Itzy stable first then start thinking about new gg

yeah idk about them debuting so soon. it does feel a little bit like itzy will be pushed to the side when the new group debuts. i wouldn't say itzy is unstable necessarily, they're selling alright, their views seem fine. maybe they haven't charted super well since their debut but most groups haven't been charting all that great the last couple of years. it just seems like itzy is missing something that'll solidify them as a group, although i'm not sure what that is

ɪ

• I think it will be another low-effort group. Unless there some big changes in the management side, I doubt we'll ever get something outstanding coming from JYPE.

• luirky, fun, experimental. i could totally see that. maybe something similar to gfriend's "power innocence" would be interesting also just bc it seems like all of the new girl groups are doing girl crush or high teen

Well that's the thing. Young FX. I'm less into their Red Light "experimental" phase.

I like their more fun almost cutish electropop phase.

Something like Chu.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And something GFRIEND Esque would be wonderful. Either their power innocence phase or even something like Fingertip.

You bring up a very good point. English is a double edged sword.

The point of singing in English is that it is inherently easier to sound emotive in English than in Korean for many younger singers. Now, to us English speakers it's the opposite. You will see many people on survival shows singing English songs because they are also easier to sound emotive, korean is a bit harder to emote in than french (ofc), italian, but also mandarin chinese (if you're native born/fluent though if you're not than good luck lol) are usually easier to emote in.

JYP tackles this problem by creating a half air half sound which sounds more soulful but also doesn't work well with technique in the registers.

Some people use their strain for a better sound, the best example is IU who doesn't stray too much out of her range but does several vocally challenging songs to get a special tone. Taeyang, also has very choppy breath control which makes his sound in Eyes Nose Lips special but also makes it very difficult to normally sing without shouting loud because you are shortening off syllables.

There are also many emotive singers with good technique, they know how to use their voices and how to get the sound out of them (Naul, Hyoshin, Hongki, Taeyeon, Yeonji, Eunji...etc)

It's a bit harder for rookies though. His technique isn't bogus completely, there's a big reason why JYP (and every girl here) does it. I actually think their voices will go well in a cohesive unit however they will not be power vocals unlike SIXMIXX. They're probably going to do the original SIXMIXX concept which was mysterious and the name and concept videos do fit that.

I think Bae may actually be a rapper-turned vocalist, correct me if wrong because she's pulling a Soyeon where she's using the breath style you use for rapping while singing. Maybe they're trying to show like that there is no off tune singer like poor Momo in this group? [I love Momo and have nothing against her if anyone comes for me]

They are still unknown and most are too young honestly.

• I think it will be another low-effort group. Unless there some big changes in the management side, I doubt we'll ever get something outstanding coming from JYPE.

i get where you're coming from. jype hasn't proven themselves to be spectacular by any means. i would love for them to put in a lot of effort for the ngg, and i thought originally that at least it seems like they're doing something different, but maybe that's actually just more laziness and incompetence using a blind album and slowly releasing more info to gain hype vs creating something worth the hype on it's own X/ X/

yes, cute quirky! fun, colorful, but soft.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this is what came to mind along with gfriend and power innocence. but either way, something cute makes the most sense given their ages.

ɪ

• they'll definitely improve, i think all groups do as time goes on! but yeah they're just weak singers and i guess i felt like i was supposed to go "woooow" since they're releasing covers but i've mostly felt underwhelmed

No I went back actually and they're going to improve for sure. They all actually don't seem to have big problems with legato and pitch but also the mixing on the songs is really....bad???? Idk how to put it but I tried running it though several times and there's some vocal distortion going on which makes them sound worse. They'll sound better in an actual debut song.

• No I went back actually and they're going to improve for sure. They all actually don't seem to have big problems with legato and pitch but also the mixing on the songs is really....bad???? Idk how to put it but I tried running it though several times and there's some vocal distortion going on which makes them sound worse. They'll sound better in an actual debut song.

you might be right there. there's something about them i found grating on first listen but it's entirely possible that the mixing was shit and that's making everyone sound a lot worse than they do in reality.

ɪ

• JYPE is too small to be able to attract and retain talent. I mean, why would you choose JYP when you have bigger and more resourceful companies like SME, YGE and HYBE.

Now more than ever they seem to be more interested in making the shareholders happy than to try to come up with something actually innovative that would take them to the next level. They invested so much money buying shares in other companies but are unable to give proper budget and staff for most of their groups.

• Treasure vocal line isn't weak LMAOO

You haven't heard all the rest of 4th gen then

I'm dying-

BANG YEDAM BEING WEAK TO AVERAGE I JUST-

I'm evaporating-

Lol Rofl GIF - Lol Rofl Lmao GIFs

The one you were refering too, the yougest of the main vocal line, Jeangwoo, we don't have the same definition of "weak vocalist"...

and for Yedam, do I need to bring the vids seriously?

• I'm talking technically- speaking , all of the 4th gen males are generally weak (there are a few averages in namely Onewe (has an AA but they're not 4th), the Boyz, MCND, NCT's Xiaojun is an average...some borderline 3rd-4th gen groups) technique wise.

So you're right as in most are weak.

The standouts are probably Jongho for now (who's also a weak-to-average) in mainstream groups.

I'm very confident in Bang Yedam, I watched kpopstar, and Jeongwoo too is a very talented vocalist but he doesn't do as great when he's not singing softly technique wise. I'm a bit hesitant to fully rank Jeongwoo though, he's shown some moments of being weak-to-average and again, he's SO young I won't be picking out standout moments until he gets more consistent, which he will be getting. I think he'll also end up in weak-to-average at the end of the day.

What's holding them back is breath support and Yedam needs to push more on his support, it's not developed enough to. be average. They are both the strongest by far in Treasure.

I think they can also work on their agility, it has potential. Yedam sounds cloudy at times so he should work on note seperation and it'll open up his agility, and Jeongwoo can work on his dynamics.

Why would I deliberately downplay Treasure? I'm stating what I heard technique-wise but overall they have nice dynamics, have a nice sense of musicality which contributes to their singing.

That specific video is showing what I said but he's shown stronger moments live. My point still stands? I have listened to them several times.

• This thread contains 30 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!