How do you feel about Savage after 2 days have passed?

• The song structure is still different enough to be interesting? Typical great SM vocals.

When I consume it as an MV I find myself wanting a little more swag in their dance. It's a little too put together for me...I equate savagery with something more raw and groovy.

• it’s grown on me now but i HATE. literally hate that weird part where that AI girl walks up and they go into that part that’s like “my novice, we love you!!” like i wish i could cut that part out, i always skip when it gets to that part. not necessary

• it’s grown on me now but i HATE. literally hate that weird part where that AI girl walks up and they go into that part that’s like “my novice, we love you!!” like i wish i could cut that part out, i always skip when it gets to that part. not necessary

Kinda agree but leading up to that part is so good that i try not to let it bother me too much.

Edit: I probably should have kept this to myself. I'm a huge Aespa and SM supporter. It's really not that bad and I will make myself enjoy it! :* Overall I'm addicted to the song.

• I really like it overall and I love the prechorus but there are 2 parts I don't get:

- The Giselle rap where she has the high voice

- The high notes on the last chorus are way too much, I get SM loves high notes but I'm still trying to figure out why they included them in this song, it feels like it doesn't fit at all and just wanted to brag their vocalists lmao

• Even though what they're doing is quite unique within the kpop landscape, they're still taking bits and beats from other genres that are very much rooted in our current time. The way they heavily rely on electronic arrangements and instrumentals and try to sound very "modern" makes me thing it won't age very well. I'm not sure I'm conveying my thoughts properly but it kinda reminds me of early 2NE1/Teddy stuff. Basically the more modern/futuristic it sounds today, the worse it's gonna sound in a few years time is what I think.

While this is very subjective, a song aging good or bad has more to do with the way those arrangements are used on the song and with them being overplayed until they become exhausting for me, and honestly, apart from SM, I barely see companies or musicians trying this fusion of electronic elements, R&B, dubstep, strings, hip/hop... It's not like Aespa's music is "something of it's time" because even when being succesfull on charts there are barely any other ggs replicating it, it's more niche so I can't see how it will age bad unless someone already disliked it from a start or someone overplayed it way too much. I know what you mean with Teddy since there are certain big bang hype songs (like Fantastic Baby or Bang Bang Bang) that I think haven't aged well at all, but those song were very much a product of their time on the sense that they had drops very simple, unpredictable and agressive, on an era where LMFAO existed and these kind of meme-y drops had a big audience that enjoyed them, you are comparing a type of Harlem Shake phenomenon musically from

6-11 years ago to the use of certain electronic elements on a more minimalist/sophisticasted way, mixing them with other genres, which is something not only much more niche but something that SM has been doing for a lot of years.

At the end of the day, trends also on music come and go, maybe this age badly for you on 5-10 years from now on but it's trendy on 20 years.

• listenable, still will skip the bridge but the chorus aint as bad. still is a song i really dont like though. have to be in a really good mood to listen to it. probably on the list of songs i'd play until around half way ish because i get tired of it. at least it got better slightly.

do you know what time it is? it MUST be party time!

0d7e9e2d1abd707df7e1f271699a6708d308bdc7_hq.gif

• Still absolutely loathe it. No redeeming quality at all. The last chorus was a crime tbh. They're capable vocalists, but the song made them so shrill sounding it's atrocious

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!