How do you feel about Savage after 2 days have passed?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

is your opinion of it still the same or did it change to the better? or worse? :pepelove2:

• Changed for the better. Not all songs, even if they're from the groups I stan grab me on the first listen. I admit this was one of them but I've seen (heard) the light.

I'm of the opinion that you can dislike a song your fave releases and that it's toxic to ask people to pretend they like songs they actually dislike or even accuse them of being fake fans for not liking every song, but in this case I was just confused by Savage at first listen and listened to it a couple of times and realized that the song is a total grower.

The more you listen to it, the more you like it.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• It stayed the same, i like the chorus even less but the prechorus and the bridge are fantastic. They should have added another base or pad in the chorus imo and I would actually see myself listening to it. The outfits and concept are insane, literally so cool and the mv is cool except I do not get the lore as a non-fan.

• which is?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

timestamped to 2:23

their aenergy energy while singing that is on the next level

• It stayed the same, i like the chorus even less but the prechorus and the bridge are fantastic. They should have added another base or pad in the chorus imo and I would actually see myself listening to it. The outfits and concept is insane, literally so cool and the mv is cool except I do not get the lore as a non-fan.

did you watch the SMCU episode that was released with Next Level? i think it explains their lore pretty well. Just in case you are interested.

External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content youtu.be

Yeees I like that part!

• External Content youtu.be

that's the best part of the song indeed. i don't want to be overly dramatic but i almost teared up when that part came up in the first listen because of how astonishing it was :pepe-life-support:

• Changed for the better.

I thought it had a potential to change for the better for me, because some parts were amazing on the first listen, it was just too fractured for me, but after listening to it more, I started to percieve it as cohesive.

• did you watch the SMCU episode that was released with Next Level? i think it explains their lore pretty well. Just in case you are interested.

External Content www.youtube.com

I have it on my list but I can’t get too deep into another gg. Loona broke me lmaoo

:pepe-sad:

• Changed for the better.

I thought it had a potential to change for the better for me, because some parts were amazing on the first listen, it was just too fractured for me, but after listening to it more, I started to percieve it as cohesive.

Yeah it does sound way more cohesive the more you listen to it (it happened with me in NL too but to a lesser degree)

I think the first time we hear it, its hard to comprehend since its too new and different but once you give the song a chance and listen more your brain really opens up to it and the song starts to make more sense..

none the less the prechorus is literally my fav prechorus from any song released this year...

• Yeah it does sound way more cohesive the more you listen to it (it happened with me in NL too but to a lesser degree)

I think the first time we hear it, its hard to comprehend since its too new and different but once you give the song a chance and listen more your brain really opens up to it and the song starts to make more sense..

none the less the prechorus is literally my fav prechorus from any song released this year...

to be frank i can't understand the argument about it being fractured or difficult to comprehend at first.

the song literally goes: verse 1 - prechorus - chorus - verse 2 - prechorus - chorus - bridge - dance break- chorusx2

that's a standard traditional format, the song doesn't even have that thing where Yoo young Jin mix 2 or more songs in 1 like in Next Level or I Got A Boy. I think the only thing that's not traditional about it is that the verses are made entirely or rapping whereas usually in kpop rap parts happen after the 2nd verse or at least make up only a segment of the verse.

• Yes you should listen to KYHD to understand. And winter sounds like she could have been Changmin's little sister

Well this doesnt mean bad though, KYHD was my ultimate favorite from TVXQ Duo

They (along with Kyungsoo) are trained by Yoo Young Jin, that's why when they all sing you could pick up YYJ's characteristic.

tumblr_n4lezfrjlZ1tuvbmzo1_400.gifv tumblr_n4lezfrjlZ1tuvbmzo9_250.gifv tumblr_n4lezfrjlZ1tuvbmzo6_400.gifv tumblr_n4lezfrjlZ1tuvbmzo2_400.gifv

Edited once, last by Elbereth ().

• to be frank i can't understand the argument about it being fractured or difficult to comprehend at first.

the song literally goes: verse 1 - prechorus - chorus - verse 2 - prechorus - chorus - bridge - dance break- chorusx2

that's a standard traditional format, the song doesn't even have that thing where Yoo young Jin mix 2 or more songs in 1 like in Next Level or I Got A Boy. I think the only thing that's not traditional about it is that the verses are made entirely or rapping whereas usually in kpop rap parts happen after the 2nd verse or at least make up only a segment of the verse.

its not about the format, I think it has to do with multiple pitch changes that keeps happening in the song.. structure wise its less complex than NL, but the constant changes in key and the unconventional higher notes towards the end especially ningning's as well as the high pitch rap of giselle in verse 2 is certainly a litttle hard to digest at first.. it takes time to warm up.. ofc not for everyone though some may like it from the start.

also the part like winter's opening line and naevis we love you part.. well its a little funny lol its also something a lot people may not like.. I honestly laughed a little on the naevis line at first but I am fine with it now XD

• I still like it and it's a bop, but I feel like it doesn't have a sticky moment that catches in my head that I run around saying at the Keurig in the morning like "ma-ma-ma-mamba woh oh oh oh" or "jekkyeora jekkyeora jekkyeora".

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• its not about the format, I think it has to do with multiple pitch changes that keeps happening in the song.. structure wise its less complex than NL, but the constant changes in key and the unconventional higher notes towards the end especially ningning's as well as the high pitch rap of giselle in verse 2 is certainly a litttle hard to digest at first.. it takes time to warm up.. ofc not for everyone though some may like it from the start.

also the part like winter's opening line and naevis we love you part.. well its a little funny lol its also something a lot people may not like.. I honestly laughed a little on the naevis line at first but I am fine with it now XD

That's a fair argument.

personally i found every single thing about the song impressive and grand since the first listen, i was truly astonished and mindblown :pepe-sad:

• I still like it and it's a bop, but I feel like it doesn't have a sticky moment that catches in my head that I run around saying at the Keurig in the morning like "ma-ma-ma-mamba woh oh oh oh" or "jekkyeora jekkyeora jekkyeora".

wake up in the morning every day and say "my Naevis, we love you" :pepe-use-head:

• This thread contains 94 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!