Fans of Groups (Seventeen, GFriend, Nuest and Fromis) what do you guys think of Hybe

• Mostly from the treatment, merchandise, comeback and promotions. Has there been a change of music direction? Things you think they should do a better job at.

• I can't say too much about album/comeback because the first fromis_9 release under HYBE was a special single

but I do like the fact that Jiheon had a MC gig during INK Incheon Concert, and that fromis_9 performed in nice place like this one

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• song wise i love Mago, but they promoted Gfriend really badly

and about fromis, it's still pretty new , but it seems they are trying to promote them well

but musically speaking they are doing a really bad job, i know it's too soon to speak , but i love fromis_9 since DKDK, they always had a bright and fun image

but talk was their most boring title track ever

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• well.....firstly, i really enjoyed in the soop so i gotta give hybe credit for that

i still can't get used to wednesday going seventeen, and some questionable merch choices(like hand pic, weird timings, lack of official colours etc), but honestly level of management hasn't changed before-after hybe acquisition so it's hard to comment on anything bc i have no idea of hybe's influence on seventeen's management. after svt renewed they got to do a lot of solo gigs, idk if that's hybe or a new clause on their contract but im loving all the solo ads and magazine shoots

for ready to love there was definitely change in music which is understandable bc there are hybe producers involved, which made the song sound different from a usual svt song but it's still a great song so i have no complains lol

but well svt renewed their contract under hybe/pledis and do crack jokes abt hybe sometimes so i guess the members are fine, if they treat and pay the members' well im fine too lol

• I am not a fan and only discovered Gfriend when they were already with Hybe but I will share what I have observed about the impact of them joining Hybe:

- The members' involvement in the group's music increased as several tracks form Apple and Walpurgis night have the members being credited. Before that, based on what I have seen, there was only one song (Hope) that had Gfriend members being credited. Also, their last album has subunits songs, probably Hybe's influence since BTS also do that regularly while Gfriend had not released subunits songs before.

- About the title tracks: Crossroads was the continuity of Sunrise and TFTMN while Apple and Mago had a different sound from what they had released before (particularly Apple). However, their "old sound" did not disappear as most b-sides from Labyrinth and Song of Sirens are in line with that "old sound" of theirs. Several b-sides from Walpurgis Night are more on the cute side and reminded me of their first albums. Other b-sides on that album have a quite different sound from their previous releases (Love Spell or Better Me for instance).

- IMO, they should have made Labyrinth a title track instead of Crossroads and myabe Eye of the storm instead of Apple. Not sure it would have changed anything though.

- I think the styling really improved with them joining Hybe. Labyrinth, Apple and Mago all had very good styling imo. Same for the music videos, Apple and Mago really are their best MVs imo.

- Disbandment was really a mess and clearly not well prepared. I don't remember the details but some fans had problems getting refunds etc.

• I'm still lowkey mad that Going Seventeen got moved to Wednesday. TXT could have moved instead.

:do7:

Is it about their variety show? Well, sowrryy....To Do on tuesday. Period. ezgif-1-2b24cd485076.gif

Okay, joke. What's the original schedule? Isn't Run BTS on Wednesday? I don't understand why they should change it? It doesn't matter if 2 hybe groups has variety show on the same day tho :sweatr1:

• Is it about their variety show? Well, sowrryy....To Do on tuesday. Period. ezgif-1-2b24cd485076.gif

Okay, joke. What's the original schedule? Isn't Run BTS on Wednesday? I don't understand why they should change it? It doesn't matter if 2 hybe groups has variety show on the same day tho :sweatr1:

Going Seventeen was on Monday because the members specifically wanted the show to air on Monday at 10:10 in SK so Carats could start their week with Seventeen. To Do X TXT was also on Mondays. When the 2020 season of Going Seventeen ended, it was announced that it would move to Wednesday and start being released at 9pm like To Do x TXT and Run BTS.

Basically it went from

• Monday at 9pm KST: To Do x TXT
    • Monday at 10:10pm KST: Going Seventeen
    • Tuesday at 9pm KST: Run BTS

to

• Wednesday at 9pm KST: Going Seventeen
    • Thursday at 9pm KST: En-'o clock

It's not mistreatment or anything and it's not a huge deal because the show is unchanged, but it's the fact that something chosen by the members for the fans was disregarded for corporate synergy. It's part of the same reason fans are always disappointed when the fandom colors are gone. It makes it feel like less of a gift and more of an obligation from the company.

• Do they even properly promote nu'est? Nu'est who? Poor guys :(

the last time I heard anything about Nu'est was Ren in that musical, which I wish I could have seen but couldn't find anywhere to watch it.

IDK maybe it's just me but I never see Nu'est get any attention.

• Going Seventeen was on Monday because the members specifically wanted the show to air on Monday at 10:10 in SK so Carats could start their week with Seventeen. To Do X TXT was also on Mondays. When the 2020 season of Going Seventeen ended, it was announced that it would move to Wednesday and start being released at 9pm like To Do x TXT and Run BTS.

Basically it went from

• Monday at 10:10pm KST: Going Seventeen

to

• Wednesday at 9pm KST: Going Seventeen
    • Thursday at 9pm KST: En-'o clock

It's not mistreatment or anything and it's not a huge deal because the show is unchanged, but it's the fact that something chosen by the members for the fans was disregarded for corporate synergy. It's part of the same reason fans are always disappointed when the fandom colors are gone. It makes it feel like less of a gift and more of an obligation from the company.

I might be not wake up enough and remembering To Do on tuesday. Yes, it's monday, right now Talk X Today is airing, and not To Do.

I don't get it tho why they moved the schedule, I mean carats will be watching SVT and Moa will be watching TXT contents anw, so there's no problem if both shows on monday :/

• Do they even properly promote nu'est? Nu'est who? Poor guys :(

the last time I heard anything about Nu'est was Ren in that musical, which I wish I could have seen but couldn't find anywhere to watch it.

IDK maybe it's just me but I never see Nu'est get any attention.

They did at least restart their YouTube content.

• As Carats mentioned, no complaint aside from the messed GoSe schedule on 9pm KST Wednesdays (the 9pm makes me more pissed than the Wednesday - why not Fridays then?. They should at least keep it at 10:10pm KST), and the lack of representative colors on merch. They're meaningful for the fandom.

About their music direction, I just wanna judge after Attacca, but in advance, no complaint and Your Choice was a marvelous album.

Tldr: corporate BS messed with things created by the members and meaningful for the fandom, but the music, content and current individual schedule are great. No complaints aside from that.

• i absolutely hated the direction gfriend went after joining hybe actually was forced to unstan them

as for fromis 9 havent really noticed much of a change in anything i hated the fact talk & Talk was a single and on top of that they made it a special album that sold out insanely quick which was annoying to me. lastly talk & talk is easily their worst title track which is disappointing as well. but to be fair idk how much hybe as too do with these complaints compared to gfriend

• They did at least restart their YouTube content.

progress lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!