What's your opinion on "Paris Syndrome"?

• I find it hilarious. The fact that it’s so common it actually needs a name is fantastic. :D

Honestly I was lowkey disappointed myself. As a romantic little kid I had always dreamed about Paris and well... it’s just a city. More beautiful than most but it did not live up to my impossible expectations. To be fair the first time I visited I was too young to like walking around any city and the second time the weather was terrible and everything was really rushed.

• I find it hilarious. The fact that it’s so common it actually needs a name is fantastic. :D

Honestly I was lowkey disappointed myself. As a romantic little kid I had always dreamed about Paris and well... it’s just a city. More beautiful than most but it did not live up to my impossible expectations. To be fair the first time I visited I was too young to like walking around any city and the second time the weather was terrible and everything was really rushed.

I heard the same thing from everyone who was there. I think that the biggest problem here are high expectations! Also, weather, everyone says that it's so bad, rainy and gloomy almost all the time. So your experience will be automatically worse than if it was sunny and nice.

• I heard the same thing from everyone who was there. I think that the biggest problem here are high expectations! Also, weather, everyone says that it's so bad, rainy and gloomy almost all the time. So your experience will be automatically worse than if it was sunny and nice.

Before I visited Paris was the city. I think the movie Anastasia plus Paris general reputation played a big part in that. Then I arrived and well... Paris didn’t hold the key to my heart, haha. The weather was actually nice the first time I was there but I was eleven and cities at the best of times bored me and now I was hungry because we couldn’t find a kids friendly restaurant (have four siblings) with any vegetarian options.

Second time was a language trip and getting around any city with a group of forty teenagers and three leaders who didn’t know the city any better then we did... well, it wasn’t nice, let’s leave it at that. Plus yes, it was grey, rainy and colder than you would expect France to be in the summer. Most of time was spent visiting crowded tourist attractions I had already seen the first time to boot.

Would still give it one more try! With a small group of friends or maybe a boyfriend would probably make a better experience.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!