YGE treatment to Lisa, is it because she is not Korean?

• Lisa is YG biggest money maker without any doubt. Her bar always contribute the most in sales and everything. But why Yg treat her like this. I mean, Yg put a lot of restrictions to her.

A lot of her brands deal getting upset with Yg various restrictions. She also cannot take backstage photo with crews that works with her for her photoshoot and the awards she received. She even didn't allow to take photo with her friends. Cannot attend various events in Korea or outside even before pandemic. And they also f*cked up with her solo.

And I know there is more. Why did they do her like this? Other Bp members did received some mistreatment too but for Lisa, it's on another level. Is it because she is foreigners? They are scared if she is getting bigger and left the company? Their move towards her is getting weirder.

• I heard that foreigners get different contracts right? Like please correct me if I'm wrong but was it Sorn who said it in the past?

So it could very well be, allegedly they get paid less and it wouldn't surprise me if companies treated them differently because they ain't Korean.

This.. Seeing how most of the Korean companies treat their Chinese workers I would say this is the best explanation.. Sometimes people might think a big ass corporate company won't be that petty but alot of people fail to realize Korea is still a very new developing nation who have almost half of their ex president in jail due to corruption.. They are still not very open compared to the western world..

• I heard that foreigners get different contracts right? Like please correct me if I'm wrong but was it Sorn who said it in the past?

So it could very well be, allegedly they get paid less and it wouldn't surprise me if companies treated them differently because they ain't Korean.

I believe it's a Korean employment law thing. Koreans must be paid more in the same position than a foreigner. I don't know if that extends to pop groups, but probably.

Also Thai's have to pay double tax. Most people only pay tax in the country they are currently occupying, but Thai nationals have to pay tax in Thailand no matter where they are. (And the other issue Sorn mentioned was some red tape in Thailand that ended up getting resolved.)

So I think she might earn less from Blackpink activities.

I don't think money is the primary issue, it's that Lisa could look unprofessional because of YG's actions. At least companies call out YG directly (Bvlgari, AIS, magazines). But still, she will be losing opportunities because of YG's incompetence.

• Who is this?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Who is this?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

CLC's Sorn.

• Who is this?

Oh, that's terrible. They do the same amount of work but getting paid lesser than other member. How about their brand deals, this is mean Lisa didn't get much from it?

• do u see another reason ??

Yg's plan was never to make Lisa the most popular member, but it happened
    so they hope to bring her back to her place by sabotaging her career

I mean, most company didn't really obvious with this. But they're straight out treating her different while taking a lot from her. But the weirdest part is, why didn't they allowed her taking photos alone with anyone except with the bp members.

• I mean, most company didn't really obvious with this. But they're straight out treating her different while taking a lot from her. But the weirdest part is, why didn't they allowed her taking photos alone with anyone except with the bp members.

Shes had like the most promotion in the last year or 2 so what are you people smoking.

• Who is this?

sorn spilled the tea clear and direct. :thumbup:

• do u see another reason ??

Yg's plan was never to make Lisa the most popular member, but it happened
    so they hope to bring her back to her place by sabotaging her career

Actually Lisa had a lot of brand deals before her debut YG seemed to have a licking for her but i don't know what's happening know maybe she became so big that they can't control her the way they want so they're limiting her activities or there's some contract issues

• You said they treating her different but she gets the most gigs and is the most active so..

Yes, did you actually read what I wrote? Who said she didn't get any promotion. She is, but most of her brand deals complaining how hard to deals with her because of her company. They didn't allowed her attending their events and only doing it from korea while other members can.

Did you actually read or what?

• Yes, did you actually read what I wrote? Who said she didn't get any promotion. She is, but most of her brand deals complaining how hard to deals with her because of her company. They didn't allowed her attending their events and only doing it from korea while other members can.

Did you actually read or what?

I mean its been like that for YG for like years , maybe there are reasons? You dont get to know anything and Yeah I can read. Shes treated better then other members even though this solo is a mess shes still done the most in the last 2 years. Her promo is still on par with Jennies solo promotions which were beyond awful.

• I mean, most company didn't really obvious with this. But they're straight out treating her different while taking a lot from her. But the weirdest part is, why didn't they allowed her taking photos alone with anyone except with the bp members.

I am not sure about now, but SM used to be even worse with their mistreatment of Chinese members of SuJu and EXO.

lol, who knows what's going on in yg's head

" Failure has had no place in her career ” - Forbes

• I‘m not really sure whats going on behind closed doors at YGE but I‘ve got the strong assumption that at first YGE was willing to use Lisa as a cash cow. Hence why she got a good amount of modelling jobs, advertisement deals and the judge position in YWY.

YGE probably then realized that Lisa got even more popular through all those things, being the most well known BP member. That’s where the issue lies. YGE certainly doesn’t want a foreign member to be the most popluar. To be the first one that comes to your mind when thinking of BP.

So I guess they are actively trying to reduce her spotlight. Of course they won‘t cancel every single one of her endorsements since she‘s a really important source of income for YGE. Yet still there seems to be some disapproval with Lisa being the most popular member within the company.

• I‘m not really sure whats going on behind closed doors at YGE but I‘ve got the strong assumption that at first YGE was willing to use Lisa as a cash cow. Hence why she got a good amount of modelling jobs, advertisement deals and the judge position in YWY.

YGE probably then realized that Lisa got even more popular through all those things, being the most well known BP member. That’s where the issue lies. YGE certainly doesn’t want a foreign member to be the most popluar. To be the first one that comes to your mind when thinking of BP.

So I guess they are actively trying to reduce her spotlight. Of course they won‘t cancel every single one of her endorsements since she‘s a really important source of income for YGE. Yet still there seems to be some disapproval with Lisa being the most popular member within the company.

They are wrong bc she got too many fans and her fans live in countries where racism is not acceptable. They will know soon

• I mean its been like that for YG for like years , maybe there are reasons? You dont get to know anything and Yeah I can read. Shes treated better then other members even though this solo is a mess shes still done the most in the last 2 years.

Because she is the most popular one especially in China and bring them the most money. They also can worked her up with the little paycheck compare to other members. How they treated her better if she can't even taking photos with anyone while her members can. Not even her friends. How she is treating the best out of them if Yg give no effort to her brands deals while not let them work with her? Mac take another GA because of it, will not surprised me if they not continue her contract later.

She is the cash cow, it is not hard to understand. 'Yg always like that' ya whatever...

• she gets the most gigs and is the most active so..

This

don't clown yourself, she's more active because people WANT to collab with Lisa,

Yg has no choice ... they paid for it

Bvlgari paid to have Lisa in their campaign, but look what happens ?

Did you at least think that "this situation" could destroy the relationship of bvlgari and lisa

" Failure has had no place in her career ” - Forbes

• People wanted to work with Jennie and Rose but guess what? YG screwed them over.

IU sent offers to Rose, Jennie was getting many variety offers.

I mean yeah it can, YG is selfish im not defending YG.

• YGE can delete Twitter posts now?

• People wanted to work with Jennie and Rose but guess what? YG screwed them over.

IU expressed an interest in working with Rose, but interests don't always become 'offers'.

If YG has a general policy against collaborations, then AKMU would not have worked with IU either.

Forget collaborations etc., the fact is for such a popular group, Blackpink probably has the thinnest discography in the industry, causing people to joke that they are "CF models who occasionally sing".

YGE's first failure is simply not doing enough albums, EPs for Blackpink by themselves.

Collabs, varieties etc. all come later.

Or maybe it was an explicit strategy, give less therefore make them more rare?

Anyway, unless they all renew, seems they all would be going their separate ways with solos and acting etc.

First, IU didn't say she sent offers to Rosé, she said she is interested to work with her.

For Jennie, Yg love money. Variety shows in Korea didn't pay that much. So, it is more for exposure especially for new groups. Yg didn't see the benefits to send her in variety shows in Korea.

Guess how many Lisa made during Youth with you 2, it was 5.7 million usd and more than 11 million for two season. See, she is their cash cow.

I definitely say that each of the members get mistreated by YG, by you cannot deny that Lisa as the foreigners are receiving the worst. She does a lot of jobs but her payment will not match it, do you understand?

• I mean its been like that for YG for like years , maybe there are reasons? You dont get to know anything and Yeah I can read. Shes treated better then other members even though this solo is a mess shes still done the most in the last 2 years. Her promo is still on par with Jennies solo promotions which were beyond awful.

In anyway that Lisa was treated better than her members?? She got more jobs does not mean she was treated better. It just means that brands like her and want to work with her.

• In anyway that Lisa was treated better than her members?? She got more jobs does not mean she was treated better. It just means that brands like her and want to work with her.

More jobs is being treated better and the idea that brands dislike the others and wont work with them is a dumb argument. They got many offers YG turned down.

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!