why JYP is sabotaging Twice?

• No preorder was longer on Twiceshop I got mine on Sep 4th before finding out they wont count since Im not US lol.

• Well the metrics in question was JYP's assumption Once would order the single like they did the album. Other groups are reliant on their position on the Hot100 with fandom mass buying, it's how it needs to be. Without it the numbers show others wouldn't chart or would chart much lower for a lot shorter time.

This is even more paramount for a first time push in the US for Twice. Look at their last album bagged around 40k pure sales for something that only has 1 version in Billboards eyes. So they have at least the domestic buying power of 40k in a week, their tour 2 years ago did like 25k too and they've grown since than.

40k pure sales for the feels would be around 90+ points, a comfortable debut on the chart. So JYPE was super lax with radio push, playlisting and promotion since the prior numbers show it's just a fact Twice have the buying power to debut on the Hot 100, the trouble is what reason have they given us to mass buy the single? So the fans can say 'no hot 100 no opinion' to other groups? Because when US once bought the album they actually got something they can use, the digital single is basically only being bought to inflate chart position. Some fandoms will do that, Once mostly wont and JYPE stil hasn't learned this in 6 years.

Does that assumption work though? Do BTS even get as many downloads as they sell physicals in the US n the first week? My knowledge on US charting isn't that great but don't they sell around 500-600k physicals in the US but their digital sales in a week can't be that high.

If that was JYPE's assumption, it doesn't really seem like a good one.

• Does that assumption work though? Do BTS even get as many downloads as they sell physicals in the US n the first week? My knowledge on US charting isn't that great but don't they sell around 500-600k physicals in the US but their digital sales in a week can't be that high.

If that was JYPE's assumption, it doesn't really seem like a good one.

No they likely don't...to be honest I have no idea. I know earlier on they had things like EP's and cassette tapes which is a good move since obviously digital is never ever gonna have the allure of a full fat physical single....but with streaming, a bit of radio, etc Twice didn't exactly need to pull 40k sales to chart less than half of that would be helpful.

But if you ask me could JYPE assume that? Yeah, sure. I mean you know yourself and how poor that companies decision making can be, especially on topics that have long term consequences so I mean it wouldn't surprise me.

Like Twice's biggest fanbase in in Japan and this single isn't available for purchase in Japan due to terrible contracts Twice are stuck in.

• lol, how you know Jeongyeon is going to feel? Now you are guessing. I can make the same, like, i believe Jeonyeong would feel bad when she realize they are releasing stuff without her

It's a norm for Onces to make excuses for everything and justify everything shady done by the company. Except when it comes to their bias, of course

My two cents on the topic is that you should get used to 8 members... or less. It has been more than one year and Jeongyeon hasn't still recovered from her neck injury so there is something more serious in this aspect than we don't know.

Combine it with her mental health you get a person that shouldn't participate in the group related activities AT ALL. A lot of people wouldn't like what I will say but I hope she is actually backing away from the group and the company.

In the end, this Nine or none turn into a burden for the members. And to be honest, it was bullshit from the beginning. It's not like some of you guys will drop the group if a member leaves.

• Wow, you are very inform about Twice to be a hater... and that is so sad 2x Well, atleast you dont say you are a teacher to validate your opinions (Wait, that was other guy, right 2x)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So if jeongyeon on hiatus for 2 years then twice doesnt need to do anything also for 2 years? Lmaooo. Its not work like that honey. And season greeting is their yearly activities since debut. Its to greet a new year so how in the blue hell they need to delayed it???

Sorry dude, my bad, I forgot they are artists

• Hard to swallow pills. But I should swallow it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!