AESPA Forever : Bop vs Flop

• How is red velvet more talented when:

RV vocally is 2/5 or 3/5 counting joy

Aespa 4/4

Aespa isn't MMM where all of the members can sing at a good level but it's the closest to in 4th gen.

Not all of mamamoo tho..moonbyul's not included but yeah 3/4 of mmm can sing at good level

Śnsdbigbangexoredvelvettwiceæspa  

Kai suzy dahyun sunoo wendy hangyul sooyoung

scoups siwon wonho minnie jennie yeji yeonjun jonghyun eunseo seunghee wooseok yunho yoon jin sunwoo sungchan yooa kyulkyung kariningning

• they sang really well but 5 min felt too long, the pace wasn't changing as well. All in all a nice song to show their versatility. But so early in their career they should cement their musical brand imo.

• Blop

Song is good, and MV is really cute. The voices are good but the voices colors do not stand out at all. I did not understand why the choice of this harmonization, I find that it gives a side much too passive to the song, the melody is already very calm, that's the voices which are supposed to give dynamics to the music. I found it very monotonous. I also think that's why some people must have found the music a bit long and boring.

• the song feels outdated and can they drop the AI shit already ffs

however i'm glad they didn't come up with a hype song and that they're doing something different compared to other ggs

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• Mixed feelings. I was excited for this, and while I enjoyed it, I can't help feel slightly disappointed. I appreciate the showcase of their vocals, and they are great singers. However, the arrangement of the song was lackluster, and honestly seemed like it was rushed. It wasn't much different from the original. If you're going to adapt a song a soloist sings for a group two decades later, I want more in terms of harmonies and adlibs and more modern instruments and sounds. Like some of the backing vocals could have been them instead of a male voice (possibly YYJ?), and the instrumental arrangement was frankly, very basic and not too interesting to me. Combined with the fact that this was released in February instead of when it should have been in late December (or at least early January), I am wondering what SM is thinking. Did they think just because Black Mamba was decently successful that they can just ride off that and assume Aespa has a solid fanbase now? This was their opportunity to wow people with something different and impressive, and I know a lot of people do and will love it, but I just feel like it was a missed opportunity. Oh well

• Bad song choice. Might have been good as a b side. SM is really not in touch with what type of music kpop fans actually want. A girl group is reliant on casual fans both in Korea and internationally who will tune in and these won’t make anyone tune into Aespa.

Well I wish the best for them.

SM's out of touch with a lot of things this past few years, bad promotions, weird title track choices, dungeon their groups from the top of my head, like i get to miss at one of those but to miss all of them is a bit to much for a big company as them.

Bad songs choice, is not bad per say, is just boring, it would be fine as b-side, the girls sing good how i was expected, the mv is cute but has no reply value, a miss comeback (you can even call it a comeback?), if they wanted so badly to remake something, The Grace is out there, they chose the most boring song alive to remake...

• A christmas ballad??? Do they want to kill us with boredom?

This is some lazy shit, song, mv, styling, evrything is disappointing. the girls are pretty, that's about it

K开I is here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At first listen its really good and im really happy to hear giselle and karina singing, however while im happy to hear them singing and rocking their lines it felt a bit too long(?) especially since its a ballad listeners could easily get bored. Its a BOP, but i wouldnt put it on repeat, ill probably play it 2 times everyday. Im just happy that they get to show their lovely vocals <3

• A christmas ballad??? Do they want to kill us with boredom?

This is some lazy shit, song, mv, styling, evrything is disappointing. the girls are pretty, that's about it

Chill this is just a remake and you didnt have to discredit the girls vocal just like that

• Boring. A bit suprised SM gives them such boring song as their nr 2 single. I understand they maybe want the "test the market" with a balad, but this was super boring..... But at least the girl are pretty in it.

• SM's out of touch with a lot of things this past few years, bad promotions, weird title track choices, dungeon their groups from the top of my head, like i get to miss at one of those but to miss all of them is a bit to much for a big company as them.

Bad songs choice, is not bad per say, is just boring, it would be fine as b-side, the girls sing good how i was expected, the mv is cute but has no reply value, a miss comeback (you can even call it a comeback?), if they wanted so badly to remake something, The Grace is out there, they chose the most boring song alive to remake...

Wait it’s a REMAKE?

• Not everyone commenting negatively while not even realizing it's a remake song. It isn't a legit comeback, it's essentially a special single. SM isn't going to invest a ton of money on a music video that isn't even for a proper comeback. I think the budget is more than perfect for a special single.

Anyways, they killed it. Everything was outstanding vocally and visually. It's perfect for Christmas too so later this year, I'll be playing it again :groovins:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!