Friendships that shippers ruined for you

• I am just wondering if anyone else has this? Ruined was perhaps too strong a word, but I would say marred! For me personally:

BP Jennie and Jisoo:

Don't get me wrong, their friendship is lovely. But the combination of YG making them do so much fan service and their crazy shippers has genuinely made me enjoy their interactions less. I remember on a BFF test on star road Jennie said she gets in bed with Jisoo every night to talk... Despite the fact she already lived alone and as we later found out, was dating Kai. I don't blame them at all, they have made it clear over the years they see each other like sisters, but their interactions seem performative and less genuine these days. The hate their shippers have for Lisa is quite scary too! Their recent Paris "date" photos made me roll my eyes, as opposed to the Chaesoo "date" that I thought was cute and shipping is definitely why!!!

BTS- Jimin/ Jungkook and Taehyung/ Jungkook:

Again, they have genuinely lovely friendships. But everytime I see them together I first thing of the reaction of shippers and the insane fights they are going to have over it. It just comes with a baggage now that I wish I could ignore, but find difficult too. Especially after Tae called shippers out himself!

Twice- Mina and Chaeyoung:

Their relationship is genuinely sweet but their shippers are legitimately insane. The way they reached to the news of Chaeyoung having a boyfriend was so gross. They were literally just spamming Twitter with their Michaeng stuff. Makes it harder to fully enjoy their bond the way I can with Tzuyu and Jihyo for example.

What about you guys?

• eeeeep I don't feel like its a problem for me bc my mind just blocks out their comments when I see them, I also have chronic Fuck Off Syndrome which means I will bully serious shippers and delulus on sight so they usually avoid me

Yes, I will always call them out but then ignore their posts as I don't want to waste too much time dealing with them!!!

• I don’t get it Shippers wouldn’t ruin any friendship between group members for me. I watch my groups content and I enjoy their genuine interactions and friendships with eachother. Other people’s random opinions on the internet does not change how I view things lol

Like I said, ruin is a very strong word ^^ But certain friendships have been slightly marred for me. Some simply because of the insane amount of fan service they do, it no longer seems genuine :clown:

• I agree tbh. Everytime Jikook or Taekook have too much of a moment, I just know I'll have to read about delusional shippers everywhere and they invade EVERY space. They're on AKP, they're on twitter (duh), reddit, no matter where I lurk. Plus some of these delusionals are the worst people I've ever encountered on the internet so I hate these ship moments on principle cause I know they will feel satisfied and validated in their dumbass beliefs.

• None? Yeah, taekook and jikook is a mess of another level, but I just don't go on that side of twitter. Basically all interactions and ships I see on my tl are in a cute or more or less neutral tone which I adore. And as for Hoseok, he cancels his own ships whenever they get way too popular and thus nothing goes into very extreme level of craziness.

Plus I have my own head and can separate when I don't like smth about ppl who stan idols and when I don't like smth about idols themselves) They can overlap but they are still two separate things.

Edit: plus I know the best tool to keep my time I spent on bts nice and enjoyable: block button)

Edited once, last by kirla ().

• The only annoying thing for me is when shipping stuff clogs up search results. They could have the decency to tag it with the ship name and nothing else.

• The only annoying thing for me is when shipping stuff clogs up search results. They could have the decency to tag it with the ship name and nothing else.

My favourite is when shippers tag other ships in their posts and start arguing over it... no K pop ship is real so the fact they get so angry about it is insane. I assume they are all really young, otherwise that is just scary. Shipping real people is grim.

• None tbh, I ignore shippers and enjoy the cute content. Also wow I thought Jenlisa was the most popular ship in blackpink? Never thought it would be Jensoo lol. They're cute.

Jenlisa is the most popular ship, followed by Chaelisa. But Jensoo shippers cross the line massively.

• Shippers ruined actual friendships but not for me, for the people they've obsessively shipping. Some people need to get a serious grip on reality.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• It's true that there was a time when I was so done with Taekook shippers that I was almost happy to see them unhappy when things didn't happen like in their creepy fantasies.

Then I remembered that JK and Tae are absolutely NOT responsible for this mess, and that their relationship is lovely no matter what.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!