Wait... So CRAXY deleted their teaser video cuz Karin was using a hairstyle that's exclusive for black people.

• CRAXY GLOBAL on Twitter
    “We recommend to link these posts that talk about cultural appropriation of black culture both in Korean and English so that they can learn about it Pt 1: …
    mobile.twitter.com

I still can't understand the CA thing...

Isn't the intention behind using a certain style valid? One thing is to use it for mocking and another thing is because you relate to it and therefore you enjoy embracing that style.

I think this CA thing is kinda creating a separation among our cultures. I'm afraid of the day I won't be able to eat pizza cuz it's not original from my country .

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    . The teaser is back...

STAN CRAXY'S CHAEY OR I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Edited once, last by RobVel ().

• It's just the was some Koreans are ignorant about what each hairstyle means and represent. They keep calling braids and dreads reggae hair and people find it insulting. Even after it being explained multiple times that the term isn't correct nor good, they refuse to stop calling it like that so I know some black kpop stans get offended because it feels disrespectful to have your culture and hairstyles be used as fashion and props when historically our people have been harassed and targeted for having those hairstyles and even know employers will ask their black employees to change their natural hair and traditional hairstyles because they deem them to be unprofessional. It's a multilayered issue but I've also found that the people who are the loudest about it are Americans and some of them are not of the 'educate, not attack' type of people.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• It's just the was some Koreans are ignorant about what each hairstyle means and represent. They keep calling braids and dreads reggae hair and people find it insulting. Even after it being explained multiple times that the term isn't correct nor good, they refuse to stop calling it like that so I know some black kpop stans get offended because it feels disrespectful to have your culture and hairstyles be used as fashion and props when historically our people have been harassed and targeted for having those hairstyles and even know employers will ask their black employees to change their natural hair and traditional hairstyles because they deem them to be unprofessional. It's a multilayered issue but I've also found that the people who are the loudest about it are Americans and some of them are not of the 'educate, not attack' type of people.

because even if you would educate idols or stylists about it, the all other 51 million Koreans still won't know anything bout it...

problem is that they live in peninsula, and in north well there is North Korea, and in west, east, and south there is sea

what's closest? China, Japan, Russia, so countries with similar "knowledge" about this or that...

overall I get that it's important to remember that slaves used hairstyle to even hide food in it but...

problem is when only Americans are pointing this out when whole other world don't give a f...

I was actually lucky to encounter few girls from Ethiopia, Madagascar and Mozambique and I've asked them about dreads, and braids, etc. they've said that for them it's ok for people with different skin color to use it,

one even compared it mentioning that for me as European she might look stupid when she would bleach her hair blonde, and wear blue eye contact lenses, and look like wannabe white girl. I've said that I wouldn't think bad about her and she said that for her it's the same, but there are different people and this is why some might be mad for using braids.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you see people complaining about others wearing braids it’s 99% Americans or non-black sjw who want to play white savior fighting for our rights.

Like almost every more heated social topic is mostly from America.

Serious question what does Koreans have anything to do with you being called unprofessional because of the hairstyle!! Go on a pride instead of hating on the wrong demographic. It just seems like an excuse to gatekeep a hairstyle that has been used by many other cultures.

• People have been so slow to realize it, but Intersectional Social Justice is the Dominant Culture of the Modern Western Word.

If you want to deal with the Modern Western World in ANY capacity, you need to understand their Culture, that should be obvious to anyone with 2 Brain Cells, because the same concept applies to literally every other Group of people on Earth, either Learn and understand their Cultural Norms or accept that you will always have issues when dealing with them

• RobVel

Changed the title of the thread from “Wait... So CRAXY deleted her teaser video cuz Karin was using a hairstyle that's exclusive for black people.” to “Wait... So CRAXY deleted their teaser video cuz Karin was using a hairstyle that's exclusive for black people.”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!