I've never seen a fandom in kpop more appalled at favoritism than BLINK

• IMO, YG is at the heart of this and this is besides any "favoritism" displayed.

A group of charismatic and talented girls debuted to much fanfare in 2016. Over their five years though, group content has been kept at a bare minimum and thus people interested in the group have had to search elsewhere to get their fill of their faves. It led these people to their solo activities, of which all the members of BP now have more of than group content. This then led to some very focused exposure to the members on their own. Even though all members got exposure through various brand endorsements/CFs, it was very easy to follow only one and develop as a stan through that. And then congrats, perfect breeding ground for solos.

On top of this, Blinks are basically getting crumbs. They are hangry and it shows.

This is spot on. Look at BTS, the focus is always on the group first! They are very much a unit. Now, BP all get on really well, but YG promotes them separately so often that some people wrongly assume they don't. Jennie and Lisa in particular are usually seen together off cam, on they are rarely put together. I feel YG has made things so much worse.

The perfect way would be them having a full album, then having one solo per year. But the way YG did everything was backwards. Lisa's shitty promo period was yet another disappointment.

• Most Blinks and even non fans thought that her solo would be the most successful one but it didn't go that well in every aspect, the reviews weren't that good either, so some people were probably disappointed and wanted to let out their frustration.

She was just underperforming on Korean charts apart from that she killed it almost everywhere. 👀

Anyway, I always tell people to await a comeback with no expectations, especially when it comes to YG… that way you end up being less disappointed.

Also i think many wanted her to kill it chart wise so badly cause they feared that if not, anti’s will have new hate material. I think because of BP being constantly downplayed in their achievement, many Blinks want them to have the biggest achievements possible, I guess as a way to get validation? Idk it’s that feeling that they want BP to achieve things were no one can doubt them anymore. That’s why they are more upset if promotions happened in a way were it could decrease the chances of breaking records.

• She was just underperforming on Korean charts apart from that she killed it almost everywhere. 👀

Anyway, I always tell people to await a comeback with no expectations, especially when it comes to YG… that way you end up being less disappointed.

Also i think many wanted her to kill it chart wise so badly cause they feared that if not, anti’s will have new hate material. I think because of BP being constantly downplayed in their achievement, many Blinks want them to have the biggest achievements possible, I guess as a way to get validation? Idk it’s that feeling that they want BP to achieve things were no one can doubt them anymore. That’s why they are more upset if promotions happened in a way were it could decrease the chances of breaking records.

spot on

• Lisa solo promo was shit and i don't understand how people have the audacity to say: "oh, be happy, at least Lisa has songs" like ????? Lisa said herself that her promo was too short, Lisa said herself she exercised for months in preparation to perform her songs, Lisa said herself YGE chose to not promote her on Inkigayo the week of her debut, they chose just Jimmy and call it a day. Super ok, right?

Should we thank YGE for the Money performance video? Kkkkkk this is funny bc every single BP release they also promote their bside, did Lisa promote her bside?....

And about others fandoms saying they don't care about promos of their bias solos I'll just say this: your faves will have others solos, right? When do you think Lisa NEXT solo will be? Let's be real here. When will Lisa have another solo of her own? Not a Collab, a solo!

This is the reason of the complains, this is Lisa only solo in 5 years and probably the only solo in the next 3 years so why should we be HAPPY with this content?

And people who were unhappy bc of the negativism, how did you guys enjoy BP cbs??? Bc each cb is full of hate and in fights. Funny funny.

Anyways, cute thread, it's a shame this will probably be the only Lisa solo until their renew contract seeing how YGE treats the girls with so much care that they don't even give them music.

• Finally someone said it. if we didn't love Lisa we would buy her album and her other merch.

Personally, Lalisa wasn't to my taste, it was too swagy and overwhelming, so I know I wouldn't listen to the song on a daily basis. In fact, once I a while is enough for me just to celebrate her solo. I still brought the album and the digitals and her shirts TT Mainly to support her, reward her for her hard work and encourage her to keep doing her best , our golden maknae.

I actually think Lisa akagae wouldn't do that for the members because they are afraid of dethroning her or something. Stupid and childish but does it matter ? No.

• Blinks should be more positive. Not dragging everyone and everything. Many act like it's up to Yg to give them all equal activities. But I don't think it work like that. Like it's not Yg decision that jisoo get an offer for a kdrama. It's not Yg decision that Korean public like rose vocal the most. It's not Yg decision that Korean public made Jennie it girl. It's not Yg decision Lisa got more popular in Thailand and get a lot of solo activities there. If oportunies arise the girls go for them. And it just happens that some time the one get more than the other. What make blinks look sometimes spoiled is that it is much worse for other artists.

• She was just underperforming on Korean charts apart from that she killed it almost everywhere. 👀

That guy is a massive troll. Lisa had the most successful female K pop solo of all time. Numbers don't lie. It wasn't just bigger than the other BP solos, it outsold everyone. Anyone saying otherwise is just delusional. What kind of person denies numbers? :rolleyes: We expected it to be the biggest and it was. She almost matched the group FFS.

Not liking a song= flop in their minds.

• And people who were unhappy bc of the negativism, how did you guys enjoy BP cbs??? Bc each cb is full of hate and in fights. Funny funny.

I'm sure there will be countless posts about BP not being promoted properly and YG being unfair to ggs.

But I'm also sure YG won't be pushing for music show and variety show appearance just like BTS don't anymore.

BP and it's members are not nugu anymore.

• Where was the "we should just enjoy it" energy during Ice Cream?

There is no excuse for Lisa having such a pitiful solo promo period, especially as she has brought in so much money. It is like YG knew she would break the records so didn't bother to actually let her perform. She waited years for this, and the chances of her having another solo are very slim. If it was their faves the energy would be different, and rightly so.

• I'm sure there will be countless posts about BP not being promoted properly and YG being unfair to ggs.

But I'm also sure YG won't be pushing for music show and variety show appearance just like BTS don't anymore.

BP and it's members are not nugu anymore.

Nooooo, i want the music shows appearance kkkkk but yes, it's strange how YGE started this whole thing excluding the girls of the year end awards kkkkk but I'm really confused about YGE schedule towards BP... Let's just hope they promote the group right. BP is huge and deserves their promo being more than ok.

• Sadly, I think you're right. They actually don't know what to do with them.

i think yg knows very well.

maybe they dont go on music show the same reason bts doesnt go there anymore. there is just no need. because if they make comeback everybody will learn about it, with or without promo.

on the other side i have seen a big lisa ad on akp front page. most idols dont get something like this.

maybe yg knows that if they give them less promo blings will get even more angry so they will stream even harder and buy even more albums.

maybe they fear that if they give more promo and for example lisa gets much more success than other solos. she will receive even more hate from the other solo stans.

maybe lisa prefer to go to paris instead of inkigayo.

fact is we do know nothing. we just asume and make accusations without any proof.

• It's mostly the akgaes and solo stans... they are a minority but VERY loud one. The reason why it seems worse than other groups akgaes is bc they have new releases every other month unlike bp so they usually got less to complain about.

And the main problem is their damn company. It genuinely feels like 80% of the time they are trying to piss off the fans. Whenever I read fans of other groups complain about companies they seem so insignificant compared to ygs incompetence. It's insane they gotta be trolling at this point

YG are too cool to suck up to the fans demands but they also need $$$ so they troll instead lol

• I don't think they need to go to music shows anymore but I still believe they need to go to variety shows in SK and abroad.

Edit : Because we miss them. Or at least have a reality show or something TT

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!