I've never seen a fandom in kpop more appalled at favoritism than BLINK

• it wasnt jisoo solos.. all blinks were upset, the top voted comments on the MV's were all about jisoo.

i guess that selena vocal tone took the lines that Jisoo would have had so they were extra mad

No it was Jisoo bar that prompted the other Jisoo akgaes to turn nasty. Jisoo bar even threatened not to support The Album

Because of that Jennie akgaes started to bash Lisa for having all of the rap lines in Ice Cream

• I think it's because of 2 things. Lack of music related activities and expectations.

Blinks constantly get too little music related content. And these days most of them are not yg stans so the quality over quantity think doesn't work anymore and they will make fans complain (rightfully so if you ask me).

Like, apart from theit concert at the beginning of the year they performed once or twice as a group this year. I know they have other things going on for them but fans want performances and music.

There's only that many covers someone can get excited about.

So, even though they had plenty of months to release music or performances, they didn't. And when they finally announced Lisa's solo and people were hyped, after some time it you obvious that even though they had months to plan something, they did everything in the worst way possible.

I am outsider but even I was surprised her song was in Korea. And I don't know if it was a strategy to release it during this holiday season but it was a bad one.

And the second reason was expectations. Most Blinks and even non fans thought that her solo would be the most successful one but it didn't go that well in every aspect, the reviews weren't that good either, so some people were probably disappointed and wanted to let out their frustration.

• Meanwhile Jisoo bias' are peaceful despite Jisoo getting the least lines and the last to get a solo...

It's weird that each akgaes has different attitudes.

I haven't really seen any Jisoo akgaes tbh. If there is then it's not that many to be big of a deal.

Oh they exist. They even trended a death day hashtag on Jennie's birthday a couple of years ago! Plus some threatened to boycott Ice Cream.

Anyway OP, the fact YG always treated some members badly is not an excuse to keep doing it. All Lisa fans asked for is more promo, and other fans on here were saying it was fine for her to have none compared to the others. That's insane.

But I blame YG for the situation. As a 2ne1 fan I can tell you the blackjack fandom got like this too. For me the biggest mistake was giving a BP member a solo before they even had a full album. Since then it's been hellish. The fact we barely get any OT4 content explains why so many so called Blinks outright dislike members.

• Blinks and even non fans thought that her solo would be the most successful one but it didn't go that well in every aspect

What on earth are you talking about it? It was the most successful BP solo so far, by a long way! She is literally almost at 1 million sales. She broke everyone record for a female K pop soloist. Each BP solo did better than the one that came before.

Check your facts before you post nonsense like this.

• What on earth are you talking about it? It was the most successful BP solo so far, by a long way! She is literally almost at 1 million sales. She broke everyone record for a female K pop soloist. Each BP solo did better than the one that came before.

Check your facts before you post nonsense like this.

You know attacking me won't do much, right?

I know you are frustrated but random people on the internet aren't the reason certain things have happened with her solo.

I said that it didn't do well in every single aspect which is true.

• You know attacking me won't do much, right?

I know you are frustrated but random people on the internet aren't the reason certain things have happened with her solo.

I said that it didn't do well in every single aspect which is true.

I'm not frustrated. She became the biggest female soloist in K pop. Therefore, had the most successful BP solo, which you denied. She broke every record so you just made yourself look silly.

You obviously don't like her but do you seriously think denying facts will achieve anything? She outsold, get over it.

Don't bother replying because I don't engage with trolls for long :-)

• I'm not frustrated. She became the biggest female soloist in K pop. Therefore, had the most successful BP solo, which you denied. She broke every record so you just made yourself look silly.

You obviously don't like her but do you seriously think denying facts will achieve anything? She outsold, get over it.

Don't bother replying because I don't engage with trolls for long :-)

People have called out all those days and now I understand why. You refuse to see reason and you think everyone has a secret agenda against her.

Guess what, I am neutral about her, neither like her nor dislike her and her breaking records didn't matter to me at all.

What I meant was that her presence in the Korean charts or initial hype weren't that big. And that's another aspect of a comeback whether we like it or not.

I have been on this forum for 3 years now and I have talked to so many people. It's the first time ever I have been called a troll and all because of an extra sensitive Stan. It's funny though, I will give you that.

• I think Blackpink are different from other YG groups because all the member are very popular, unlike other YG idols that weren't the most popular members of their groups. so of course there would be more and louder complaints now. besides, it feels like Blackpink's most promo happened individually through sns, ads, fashion gigs and even solo music and shows, they are probably the one kpop group that most feels like a group of solos than just a group, they had relatively minimal promos as a group. This kind of promotion bred lots of solo stans and akgaes.

• I think Blackpink are different from other YG groups because all the member are very popular, unlike other YG idols that weren't the most popular members of their groups. so of course there would be more and louder complaints now. besides, it feels like Blackpink's most promo happened individually through sns, ads, fashion gigs and even solo music and shows, they are probably the one kpop group that most feels like a group of solos than just a group, they had relatively minimal promos as a group. This kind of promotion bred lots of solo stans and akgaes.

The recent photo of them together caused a sensation. It almost reminded me of when the Spice Girls reunited ^^

• IMO, YG is at the heart of this and this is besides any "favoritism" displayed.

A group of charismatic and talented girls debuted to much fanfare in 2016. Over their five years though, group content has been kept at a bare minimum and thus people interested in the group have had to search elsewhere to get their fill of their faves. It led these people to their solo activities, of which all the members of BP now have more of than group content. This then led to some very focused exposure to the members on their own. Even though all members got exposure through various brand endorsements/CFs, it was very easy to follow only one and develop as a stan through that. And then congrats, perfect breeding ground for solos.

On top of this, Blinks are basically getting crumbs. They are hangry and it shows.

STEP Stan BTS STEP ANTICIPATE ::PROOF:: 2022.06.10 STEP Visit bulletproof

bts-2022-proof-extra.gif

• In general, you're right. But I find it weird you are singling out Lisa's fans.

There are plenty of OT1s, 2s, and 3s on twitter complaining that Lisa is YG's princess and getting everything their fave/s should be getting.

• In general, you're right. But I find it weird you are singling out Lisa's fans.

There are plenty of OT1s, 2s, and 3s on twitter complaining that Lisa is YG's princess and getting everything their fave/s should be getting.

Lisa fans always get singled out which is annoying. Other akgaes are easily as bad! This is another part of the problem, demonising certain parts of the fandom and normalising singling them out rather than addressing the overall issue.

• Lisa fans always get singled out which is annoying. Other akgaes are easily as bad! This is another part of the problem, demonising certain parts of the fandom and normalising singling them out rather than addressing the overall issue.

I'm sure lisa fans wouldnt be singled out if they didnt go overboard. I dont see jisoo stans being singled out nor rosé fans being singled out. Or Jennie which was kept in dungeon since last year end.

Even on AKP, everyday i sign in, i see 1 or 2 thread rantings on lack of promotion for lisa, Lisa deserves better, favourism to lisa, bias to jenchae...

Like u guys forgot that YG let Rosé waited two years for Solo and fansé weren't as noisy as it is now. And poor Jisoo that always last in line distribution and last to get solo despite the eldest. But jisoo fans are more calm.

About demolising a portion of fanbase, i think if some of you could stop accusing OT4 fans as bias towards lisa then probably the whole fanbase will be more cohesive. You really think other fans didnt contribute to that 1mil sales of lalisa? If they dont care about lisa, they wouldnt be buying

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!