Are you okay with Kpop choreos getting less creative just for the sake of Tiktok?

• Especially girl groups...

Y'all see a lot of chorus choreos that are so basic that seems like it was designed to go viral.

I kinda hate it, especially if the artists can definitely do better than that. What's more is that these choreos doesn't look catchy at all even if those were choreographed to look catchy. Addition to my observations, some kpop songs doesn't really go with their choreos, it always feel like there a lot of better moves for that beat etc.

Anyway Hmmmmm

• Having a point move in a choreography isn't new. Some choreographers seem to enjoy making something that is extremely difficult for people to dance to. Some seem to enjoy having a piece that anyone can pick up and enjoy. Gangnam Style's horse dance, Sorry Sorry's apology move, Hoot's bow and arrow, Love is Energy's handblender... This style of dance has been around for YEARS, not something invented for TikTok.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• intense choreos are overrated as long as the dance fits the song im fine with it. i would rather have a light choreo with idols singing than an intense w/ lip singing or ar

• Ngl I’ll rather they ditch the choreo if they will be able to sing live :peperun:

kpops charm is their dance though

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Easy to pick up dances have always been a thing though.

• yes! and I don't use tiktok, but all the kpop challenges are forced and it's clear they aren't going to take off. why would they make one as soon as they come out? anyone can recognise that it's a manufactured and forced challenge, ideas have to come naturally, and if the public enjoys it, it takes off. also, they seem to be getting more funny and cringe at the same time.

• To me, it all really depends on how the choreo feels. It doesn't have to be one way or the other.

If the choreo for an MV happens to be complex, why not have some kind of fun :30 move specifically for social media/TikTok? All choreo shouldn't be simped down for TikTok.

• Easy to pick up dances have always been a thing though.

Having a point move in a choreography isn't new. Some choreographers seem to enjoy making something that is extremely difficult for people to dance to. Some seem to enjoy having a piece that anyone can pick up and enjoy. Gangnam Style's horse dance, Sorry Sorry's apology move, Hoot's bow and arrow, Love is Energy's handblender... This style of dance has been around for YEARS, not something invented for TikTok.

But with the rise of tiktok, a lot of groups are trying hard to do it (with songs that doesn't even need those key point etc) , and more will do the same in the future.

• I like the hybrid approach that NCT 127 took - the point move on Kick It (new thangs hands over head) and Sticker (the sticky hands) are easily mimicked on TikTok by fans but the rest of the choreo is still hard. This isn’t really any different than what they’ve been doing the past three or four years when they used to demonstrate the Superhuman Superman move in interviews..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Ngl I’ll rather they ditch the choreo if they will be able to sing live :peperun:

kpop wouldn't be as popular as it is without dance. It will just be the same as most of the music industry in the world.

A lot of people listen to kpop because it is not something offered in their own music industry. You know the dancing, fanservice, variety content to get attached to the group, attractive people dancing and singing.

• Simple dances are if anything a return to form so I'm okay with it even simple kpop choreography can be harder than it looks to do well after all.

Edited once, last by Cosmicrhythm878: Choreography is a hard word to spell for some reason despite me having to write papers with harder words to spell than it all the time. ().

• This has always been the case though. Some of the most iconic dances/sections are because they're very easy to copy. Genie leg kicks are much simpler than say IGAB which was choreograped by a dance team yet Genie is one of the most famous dance moves in all kpop.

Tiktok dances are the continuation of that. The more accessible the dance is the more people, including those that can't dance, can emulate it and share it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!