THIS IS WHAT IDOLS HEAR IN THEIR EARPIECES

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I thought this was very cool since I always wondered.

It's basically their music, a metronome with the correct tempo of the song and directions (like when to sing)

Of course, not every idol is going to hear I Can't Stop Me but they'll hear whatever they're performing.

This is how they keep coordinated and prevent a lot of mistakes from these.

Twice said it's very loud.

A professional musician explained that Jihyo's part is louder because she does more powerful choreographies here and it's to prevent her from making as many mistakes vocally and here what she needs to do as she does the heavier choreography.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Since you mention metronome, thought might be cool to show this

Like you can hear a clear metronome sound even for some of his drum practices

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this is probably really important in a live setting especially where there are so many instruments and sounds happening at once.

And also the drummer to some extent is almost like the 'conductor' of the performanve

• Oh, that's cool! A metronome is very important. You can definitely live without it after memorizing a piece of music but getting a tempo down can sometimes be hard.

As a choir student, tempo is a very important thing to maintain because you can become offbeat very quickly if you don't have that.

I can imagine for a performer or an instrument player how important a metronome and tempo is.

I do think it's probably different playing a band instrument in a performance rather then choreography and singing.

I wonder how Day6's earpieces sound since they play instruments.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• omg yeah i heard about this! i think i was watching a similar video with somi.

its so cool

• External Content twitter.com

• Imagine listening to a metronome constantly ticking while singing live, I would get so confused. One question: if they're lip-syncing, would they need to have the metronome playing to inform them what parts to lip-sync? And is there any need to actually have in-ears, if there are no people watching and screaming because of COVID, and can they hear the music fine? Or is the music too loud?

• Imagine listening to a metronome constantly ticking while singing live, I would get so confused. One question: if they're lip-syncing, would they need to have the metronome playing to inform them what parts to lip-sync? And is there any need to actually have in-ears, if there are no people watching and screaming because of COVID, and can they hear the music fine? Or is the music too loud?

The metronome just signifies the tempo of the song and prevents you from going off-beat. Even when lip-syncing happens, it's still needed to keep them on-beat for the rest of the song performance.

Well, with all the coordination and metronome stuff, I think the earpieces are still required (and helpful) and they still perform with them. They're to help prevent making mistakes too, like I don't know if you could hear in the video but they also tell them when to sing after an instrumental break or something or when to begin.

Also, they have the volume thing. Like I explained, when it was Jihyo's part, it was significantly louder than the rest to the point where you couldn't really hear the metronome. This is to help her hit all the notes while being able to do the choreography well at the same time and so that it's easier to hear since that part's choreography is significantly harder and more strenuous than the rest of the clip's choreography.

Hope that helps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!