Namjoon speaks about Gender Equality

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Namjoon is really one of the few who has acknowledged his mistakes and has taken efforts to grow from it. I am so proud of him for that.

C9D87D73-D9AB-4CF3-AF47-0867CE57B6EE.jpeg

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited 2 times, last by BRIYANI ().

• I have so much respect and admiration for Namjoon. He's quite a bit younger than me and being all self-reflective while I'm on Twitter losing my temper like, "LEMME RATIO THIS B*TCH!"

• I have so much respect and admiration for Namjoon. He's quite a bit younger than me and being all self-reflective while I'm on Twitter losing my temper like, "LEMME RATIO THIS B*TCH!"

There are so many good things we can learn from BTS, for real.

• there are few people who actually admit their mistake and learn from it. best leader for a reason.

proud of him for this.:pepelove1:

their responses are always well thought of.

• I'm someone who is very wary about the way idols are seen as pure and perfect by their fans. I don't know any of them - including the BTS members. I want to believe they are good people - obviously - but at the end of the day, what do I know.

Except Namjoon. He is - I think - the only celebrity who aknowledged his mistakes, decided that they were warranted, and grew from them, to become a better human being. It would have been so easy to brush them off, or even to make an empty apology.

Fans have such ride or die mindset, they would have accepted that without batting an eye.

That's why I have a lot of respect for him, not only as an artist but as a person.

• I’m glad too. He takes the word ”idol” and “influencer” seriously.

:pepelove1:

Lisa does too eps when she has interviews in Thai. Idols are being pressed by companies. Thai people are more serious about mental health that's why the country is very accepting when it comes to everything. Bc we are diverse and different and we learn to respect others these kinds of topics other countries just started to learn

• Lisa does too eps when she has interviews in Thai. Idols are being pressed by companies. Thai people are more serious about mental health that's why the country is very accepting when it comes to everything. Bc we are diverse and different and we learn to respect others these kinds of topics other countries just started to learn

I’m glad, good for Lisa!

• It’s always good if you have enough self-awareness to reflect on your own behavior and learn from it.

It shows his emotional intelligence, which unfortunately not many people have. He seems very mature and thoughtful and most importantly genuine.

Great…

Even though I still think they blowed this situation out of proportion back then.

He is a fantastic man. I don’t know if I would have had the courage to do that.

• This never made sense to me. He wrote lyrics about finding girls attractive, wanting them to find him attractive, and bragging about it when they do. What about that promotes sexism or inequality? He never said girls can't do the same; he actually wrote lyrics for GLAM in 2012/2013 about girls being independent and having the right to like whoever/whatever they want regardless of what society says is acceptable. I suppose he's forgotten about that though :/

Speaking of what girls like, if he's "educated" now, are the millions of women and girls who find his old lyrics hot "uneducated"? Do we need to re-educate female ARMYs so they're attracted to the correct things? In my experience women don't really like being told what to think, but I guess we can re-educate them on that too since it's apparently for their own good :/

• This never made sense to me. He wrote lyrics about finding girls attractive, wanting them to find him attractive, and bragging about it when they do. What about that promotes sexism or inequality? He never said girls can't do the same; he actually wrote lyrics for GLAM in 2012/2013 about girls being independent and having the right to like whoever/whatever they want regardless of what society says is acceptable. I suppose he's forgotten about that though :/

Speaking of what girls like, if he's "educated" now, are the millions of women and girls who find his old lyrics hot "uneducated"? Do we need to re-educate female ARMYs so they're attracted to the correct things? In my experience women don't really like being told what to think, but I guess we can re-educate them on that too since it's apparently for their own good :/

I'm very confused about his post. When did Namjoon say that his audience needed to get educated ? He wanted to write better lyrics and be mindful about gender equality, how the frick do you manage to get this stupid take out of it ?

When ARMY say antis are as dumb as bricks, that's what they mean.

He is acknowledging the criticism he received from that time. He is not in position to decide whether his lyrics are sexist to women when there were women complaining about it at that time. He cannot silence or disregard them. What he did indeed regardless of whether it was right or wrong was to take that opportunity to study and reflect on his own mindset and actions. I hope you stop twisting his words that he never said. Your hatred and the thought to twist it to hate on him is disgusting and pathetic

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited once, last by BRIYANI ().

• I'm very confused about his post. When did Namjoon say that his audience needed to get educated ? He wanted to write better lyrics and be mindful about gender equality, how the frick do you manage to get this stupid take out of it ?

When ARMY say antis are as dumb as bricks, that's what they mean.

The type of mental gymnastics they do bcos of their hatred is so disgusting. What kind of Low life acts like that?

853560362842587166 (1).png

if people genuinely found it offensive then they found it offensive. You have to take in consideration the cultural differences too. People who listen to American Rap or western music in general are used to way worse, and don't even mind such lyrics but things might be different in korea, especially seeing how feminism is treated as a crime there.

I personally didn't find it offensive, I loveeeee war of hormone and nobody can come here and tell me I shouldn't like it as well. If it bops, it bops.

:wellr:

• He's such an amazing person and I respect his efforts so much :borahae:

When it comes to WOH I personally never found it problematic but if another woman did I can't disregard that either so for him to take the criticism to himself and trying to educate himself is such an admirable thing :borahae:

“we never felt so young”

0a768997596edfb15ac5d9f26d04bda8676149e3.gif

• This thread contains 30 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!