Who had the best solo in EXO?

• Now that 5/9 members of EXO had their solo debuts, which would you say was the best in terms of your music/concept taste? I've included each member's debut songs and most recent songs. Also anticipate D.O's upcoming album which he has confirmed will be released once he finishes the lyrics!

For me my fav is Baekhyun who had an amazing debut with UN Village and he topped it with his comeback, Candy which is my all time listened to song in 2020. Kai is almost my favorite as his rnb hip-hop album fits my taste the best.

I really like that each member had their own styles in terms of their music with lay using chinese traditional instrumentals, Chen having soft ballads, baekhyun with his rnb-pop sound, suho with his soft rock ballad and kai with his modern rnb. There is bound to be something you like from their solos.

Lay (ANTICIPATE HIS NEW ALBUM!)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Chen

Baekhyun (ANTICIPATE BBH3!)

Suho

Kai (ANTICIPATE KOLO2!)

Unofficial member songs:

Chanyeol

Xiumin

D.O

• DO's one single pretty much outsold others LOL

Anyways, I enjoy Suho's Self Portrait and Baekhyun's Candy a lot (idk why I don't like UN Village that song doesn't really vibe with me)

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• i'm just gonna say kyungsoo is probably gonna have the best :happyr:

but i love everyone's music. i love how baekhyun experiments with his sound. both candy and un village (and get you alone) are such perfect songs for him. kai's album is phenomenal and his hard work and going to vocal practice every day is so clear in the music. makes me cry thinking about it. hope he knows how amazing he sounds. chen and suho's music are so soothing and perfectly their sounds too. tbh i haven't listened to much of lay's but i'm glad he's doing well. i really hope chanyeol and sehun get solos too. pretty sure xiumin and do's are bound to happen this year.

• Let me start with the positive: I appreciate that each member brought distinctive styles to their solo work. Everything was well made and well performed. But...

Chen and Suho’s albums were just not my thing. Lay is up and down for me - I like some tracks.

Now Baekhyun and Kai? :love:

R&b albums after my own heart. I love all four, but I’d say I’d like Baekhyun’s Delight the best. I love the way he showcases all the versatility of his voice, from jazzy runs to big power notes while exploring tones and textures and personas in songs. Sometimes he’s silky, sometimes he’s swaggy. I also really love City Lights and unlike others on this thread, I guess, I prefer UN Village to Candy. I like Candy and its catchy hook but I love the sonic soundscape of UN Village.

Kai put out a really strong, cohesive album that I really like, but swoops and power will always win with me.

Which is why I can’t wait for Kyungsoo’s masterpiece. :eyes:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Baekhyun

External Content youtu.be

And kai too

External Content youtu.be

• Baekhyun 3mini albums are so Damn Amazing . suho mini album Was do beautiful and cohesive all of them are so good except lay he seem to have no music direction sometimes he do some cringy Trap rap songs sometimes he go for a average edm or pop songs and let's not talk about his cringy flexing lyrics like china sheep

• Baekhyun 3mini albums are so Damn Amazing . suho mini album Was do beautiful and cohesive all of them are so good except lay he seem to have no music direction sometimes he do some cringy Trap rap songs sometimes he go for a average edm or pop songs and let's not talk about his cringy flexing lyrics like china sheep

haha I feel like Lay's music can be a hit or miss for others even me sometimes. But I appreciate that he can produce (even if you might not like it), writes his own lyrics, arranges them himself. He has my respect. I think his recent album is by far his best and most "cohesive" which shows that he is improving.

External Content open.spotify.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!