Netizenbuzz is gone ??

• not really they are starting to translate negative articles about some idols

I have never said that they are unproblematic but the others in the list like pc have a whole track record of being antis. Also a lot of the negative articles that kn is translating are also trending most of the time on the rl time charts of pann. What I notified is that they are starting to cherry pick the comments of netizens in order to gain views and use weird titles

• Good riddance. The user base there is very very toxic. It's became a platform for crazy feminists to hate on innocent men. I hope it never returns.

That's true, including age discrimination against men.

This site was full of hypocrites who hate men and believe that most men who fall in love with younger women are automatically "creeps and pedophiles" and if people here think that allkpop is full of BTS lovers who are also Blackpink haters at the same time they have probably never heard of Netizenbuzz because this site was definitely worse...

• Finally!

The comment section was one of the most caustic things you can find on the internet.

People lost their values in there, it was horrible.

Cherry picked infos, bad translations, perpetuating backlash towards idols (I'll never forget how they treated the situation with Sulli and Hara).

I hope it stays out.

a863c5d356f34f33260f3b6f9fd8364a94e6c9d8.gifv

S.Coups Bang Chan | SHINee Seventeen Stray Kids

• iirc they actually admitted it on the site F.A.Q

Not just the faq, when the owner and mods had a chat stream going some people asked that question and they said themselves it’s because negative topics generated more views.

At the time SNSD was obviously huge but for a group that big there weren’t too many articles about them which was odd. Some asked why that is and they said from their mouths, SNSD as a group generally had mainly very positive comments so it’s not worth the effort to translate and post comments which won’t get views. Yet as others pointed out NB had absolutely no problems with constantly posting as many articles as possible about T-ara bullying, everything and anything about Sulli, any opportunity to nail sSNSD memebers (taeyeon dating, Tiffany filter, Yuri weight etc), Hara and so on

You name it NB has directly and deliberately influenced the narrative with scandals among idols AND profited from it.

• Not just the faq, when the owner and mods had a chat stream going some people asked that question and they said themselves it’s because negative topics generated more views.

At the time SNSD was obviously huge but for a group that big there weren’t too many articles about them which was odd. Some asked why that is and they said from their mouths, SNSD as a group generally had mainly very positive comments so it’s not worth the effort to translate and post comments which won’t get views. Yet as others pointed out NB had absolutely no problems with constantly posting as many articles as possible about T-ara bullying, everything and anything about Sulli, any opportunity to nail sSNSD memebers (taeyeon dating, Tiffany filter, Yuri weight etc), Hara and so on

You name it NB has directly and deliberately influenced the narrative with scandals among idols AND profited from it.

I remember she used to stream on twitch . But never watch any of the stream .

• Not just the faq, when the owner and mods had a chat stream going some people asked that question and they said themselves it’s because negative topics generated more views.

Wasn't she a Sone tho!! that's why you barely see anything negative about Girls Generation being translated.

• Wasn't she a Sone tho!! that's why you barely see anything negative about Girls Generation being translated.

I dont know if she was a Sone, I know at least one of the blog comments mods said they was but they obviously not in charge of picking articles and translating. But like I said during a q&a session someone asked why SNSD articles weren’t translated and that was the answer given. Not because she was a Sone or not, simply because negative articles gain more viewers. And in the grand scheme of things the reason given was certainly true.

Group articles weren’t translated much outside Jessica gate even if they achieved something big or set a new record. However NB was fast on the trigger to translate anything negative about the members. If she was a sone why wasn’t she as lenient on the members scandals? Tiffany scandal for instance nb regularly translated hate comments almost everyday about death and rape threats even if there was no new development to the story, it was simply translating the same disgusting comments over and over just on different days just for clicks. Yuri got some questionable/hate comments translated went she gained a bit of weight. Not very Sone like to post those comments shitting on almost every member is it?

Besides it wasn’t exclusive to SNSD, they were simply the most obvious situation, the same rule applied to everyone. If a popular group or idol was mostly getting positive reactions then they didn’t get featured much. Simple as. However if they had a negative story or scandal they would certainly get a few days worth of translations.

• They didn't translate articles or news, they only translated the comments, specifically picking the most negative ones.

• i dont get why everyone hated her for translating negative articles.. they're still articles, and they get the most comments and views.

you dont have to view them if you dont want to, but they're real korean comments, if you dont wanna see then you dont have to.

if she posted positive articles, they wouldnt get any views or comments...you may all hate her but you all still viewed her articles, so you're the one to blame.

I personally just hate the comment section, they're way to 'cancel' after every small scandal, even drug scandals.. cant stand those commenters. but the site itself, was a true article from Korea so i think it was a service.

• A toxic comments section under a site dedicated for toxic comments. Who would have thought. :pepepizza:

• Because (most) I-fans don’t understand that it’s highly cherry picked negative comments, they think it got representation of the views of a country. Which fuel biased view. Just look how it’s used on this forum.

And that goes for any reporting

Imagine if u only report negative stuff about a certain ethnicity, religion etc rather than the complex reality, people will start belive that’s the whole truth

And that’s why sites like that is bad

• true but she's always said that she only translated ones that drive traffic

• true but she's always said that she only translated ones that drive traffic

Yet despite her outright saying so people STILL DONT understand that.

Just look at this thread how users say the site was great bc you got to know what “Koreans think”

:EYE ROLL

Also look at the amount of threads in this very forum that will take ONE comments from an k-comment section and generalize that to Korea as a whole

Some (many) people can’t handle complexity and will use confirmatory bias by ONE online comment

That’s why sites as hers are bad

• A tad sad. It was great seeing the actual Korean reactions translated as I still can't bothered to learn the language despite being a long time Kpop fan. An end of an era.

The admin intentionally translated rude and mean-spirited comments for a lot of people, intentionally mistranslated names and insisted on calling groups the wrong thing (Girlfriend and Yoojoo) even after fans corrected them many times (they did it so their activity and reactions would be bigger, they did everything on purpose). Those were never actual Korean reactions, just cherry picked ones. Sometimes they'd take a trending article with thousands of comments and translate some that has like 5 upvotes because it was especially triggering. They also refused to translate context for things so people in the comments would have to ask if anyone knew what was going on and then others would translate for them and then the original people who asked would come back to read the replies and respond, etc. They did everything they could to raise their clicks.

• The admin intentionally translated rude and mean-spirited comments for a lot of people, intentionally mistranslated names and insisted on calling groups the wrong thing (Girlfriend and Yoojoo) even after fans corrected them many times (they did it so their activity and reactions would be bigger, they did everything on purpose). Those were never actual Korean reactions, just cherry picked ones. Sometimes they'd take a trending article with thousands of comments and translate some that has like 5 upvotes because it was especially triggering. They also refused to translate context for things so people in the comments would have to ask if anyone knew what was going on and then others would translate for them and then the original people who asked would come back to read the replies and respond, etc. They did everything they could to raise their clicks.

Not to forget how she fuelled the international hate against Sulli by translating so many negative articles about her (to the point where she was called SulliBuzz) but didn't even apologize once Sulli passed.

On the other hand, she tends to protect her faves like Block B and she didn't translate a single negative article when they had that huge Thailand scandal (she even admitted to being biased).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!