Knetz react to PTD being performed in the UN General Assembly

• BTS - "PERMISSION TO DANCE" PERFORMED AT THE UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY |SDGS| OFFICIAL VIDEO

Posted on September 20, 2021

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

image.png
    image.png

original post: here

1. Wow an UN stage... Impressive👍

2. To think I can witness something like that happening in the same generation I live inㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. Looking at the comments, it seems like PTD was written to be performed for this day. The lyrics are well-fitting too?? I want to knowㅠㅠㅠ

4. It's so hard for any of our country's singers to achieve the same thing in the future. It will be hard for any of our country's singers to be representing the youth all around the world and even perform for the UN like that

5. I'm feeling so patriotic ughㅜㅜㅜㅜ

6. Seriously the song was written for today. It's not my achievement, but I feel so proud ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

7. PTD is giving me goosebumps. It was so good ㅠㅠㅠ

8. Wow BTS, the Korean presidential envoys. They were so cool, I'm proud of them

9. I want to cry... This was so good...

10. Yah they were so cool and I'm so proud of them. I'm so thankful towards BTS to be able to make us feel something like that👍 Hit even bigger

Other site comments:

1. Today’s ‘Permission to Dance’ performance was the best performance of all time ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. I cried while watching this performance ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. Seriously, the scale is crazyㅋㅋ Korean idols filmed a performance video at the UN… Again, BTS is amazingㅋㅋ

4. I didn’t know that they filmed a performance at the UN.. The lyrics are perfect and I love it so much

5. I really cried.. BTS is the pride of Korea

6. Wow the video was filmed at UN headquarters.. Daebak daebak daebak ㅠㅠ

7. BTS is the legend of all time ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

8. I watched it with my mom, and she said she’s so proud of BTS

9. I never even imagined BTS would perform a stage at UN headquarters. I was so shocked. BTS is Korea’s treasure ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

10. I’m glad that BTS is a Korean group ㅠㅜㅠ

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited once, last by BRIYANI ().

• Finally, PTD is getting the love, it deserved after being paid a lot of dust.

PTD UN performance, Butter Jimmy fallon highway performance & Grammy Dyna performance really show how stable performers BTS is. The vocal was on point. The best of the bests.

PTD UN performance, Butter Jimmy fallon highway performance & Grammy Dyna performance really show how stable performers BTS is. The vocal was on point. The best of the bests.

PTD was always loved, I would even say it was appreciated more in SK than globally. I am glad now globally PTD is being used and played in various countries now. We can see the improvements in the iTunes. The boys are so talented!!!

• More comments:

1. Today’s ‘Permission to Dance’ performance was the best performance of all time ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. I cried while watching this performance ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. Seriously, the scale is crazyㅋㅋ Korean idols filmed a performance video at the UN… Again, BTS is amazingㅋㅋ

4. I didn’t know that they filmed a performance at the UN.. The lyrics are perfect and I love it so much

5. I really cried.. BTS is the pride of Korea

6. Wow the video was filmed at UN headquarters.. Daebak daebak daebak ㅠㅠ

7. BTS is the legend of all time ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

8. I watched it with my mom, and she said she’s so proud of BTS

9. I never even imagined BTS would perform a stage at UN headquarters. I was so shocked. BTS is Korea’s treasure ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

10. I’m glad that BTS is a Korean group ㅠㅜㅠ

• This si the best PTD performance,
    :borahae:  Permission To Dance UN stage :borahae:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I almost cried when the performance started with JK standing at the podium, I had goosebumps the whole performance
    it's proud, even beyond proud, happy, wonderful,
    I don't know how to express my feeling
    :waterr:

• I almost cried when the performance started with JK standing at the podium, I had goosebumps the whole performance
    it's proud, even beyond proud, happy, wonderful,
    I don't know how to express my feeling

I get you💜💜💜💜

I feel the same way, I cannot express this immense feeling of proudness, love and happiness. It brought me so many memories of the boys and fandom from the past💜💜

• Today just showed that BTS truly want PTD's message to bring joy and healing to people. Some people kept wondering why they were promoting the song so much when the song was recieved less lovingly than butter or dynamite and was doing less well on charts than butter. But if anything, today proves that they genuinely intended for their message to reach all people. No matter how much people criticize it by calling it a "western grab", it won't change the fact that the song was made to give us comfort and something to dance along to, be free and be careless, and to forget about all world problems while listening to it.

I love them so much for this and this really made me love and appreciate PTD soooo much more.

• Today just showed that BTS truly want PTD's message to bring joy and healing to people. Some people kept wondering why they were promoting the song so much when the song was recieved less lovingly than butter or dynamite and was doing less well on charts on butter. But if anything, today proves that they genuinely intended for their message to reach all people. No matter how much people criticize it by calling it a "western grab", it won't change the fact that the song was made to give us comfort and something to dance along to, be free and be careless, and to forget about all world problems while listening to it.

I love them so much for this and this really made me love and appreciate PTD soooo much more.

Exactly when people kept questioning why they keep promoting this song when it has lesser opportunities to chart, I said I think it’s bcos they actually mean it, they truly just want to spread the message behind the song. This makes me respect BTS so much!!!!!!

• BRIYANI

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • External Content twitter.com

That man's spontanous smile is everything!

They truly deserve everything.

he looks so touched.

This is a beautiful moment to witness 💜💜

• This was the best ptd performance for me. I love this song sooo much. The only thing I didn’t like was choreography but this performance had the best of both. Just epic.

• This was the best ptd performance for me. I love this song sooo much. The only thing I didn’t like was choreography but this performance had the best of both. Just epic.

This makes it all worthwhile

• This makes it all worthwhile

:pepe-sad: this is too much.

:pepelove1:

• Today just showed that BTS truly want PTD's message to bring joy and healing to people. Some people kept wondering why they were promoting the song so much when the song was recieved less lovingly than butter or dynamite and was doing less well on charts than butter. But if anything, today proves that they genuinely intended for their message to reach all people. No matter how much people criticize it by calling it a "western grab", it won't change the fact that the song was made to give us comfort and something to dance along to, be free and be careless, and to forget about all world problems while listening to it.

BTS will always prosper in the end, their message trumps negative opinions.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

You got me crying too:

the speech in your sig is Taehyung's actually not Namjoon's

• Congratulations to BTS.

I only wish that they had performed some of their more meaningful songs than PTD. Really does not suit the occasion or the forum.

Shakira performed Lennon's 'Imagine' - talks about a world without borders, about peace, without greed etc.

Indian legend MSS performed Sanskrit "Maitreem Bajatha' - foster friendship, reject war, restraint and compassion etc.

Beyonce 'I was here' - life, love, leaving a mark

Compared to such, PTD does not seem the best choice, from even BTSs own body of work.

But anyway, it is done.

• The main resonance of this year event was Youth, Generation, overcoming the pandemic, Climate change, spreading positivity, upliftment of humanity.

Permission to dance precisely covered all these topic with lyrics, choreo, theme, sets.

Of course, BTS won't perform Blood, sweat & tears or Fake Love or Boy with luv or Black Swan.

Or I am missing something though? :whatb:

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!