I’m worried for YG’s New Girl Group

• I’m slightly worried that YG’s upcoming gg “Baby Monster” might not do that well. Let me explain:

Before Bp debuted, YG promoted the girls whether it be in acting, singing, or dancing, BP was promoted predebut:

- Jisoo acted in various CFs and even had a scene in a drama with 2ne1’s Dara.

- Jennie and Rosé were featured on tracks with Big Bang’s G-dragon. Jennie even got to perform on stage with him and starred in one of his music videos.

- Lisa modeled for YG’s Nonagon.

- Jennie and Lisa had “Who’s that girl” Videos that showcased their skills (Jennie Rapping and Lisa dancing)

YG did all this for Blackpink predebut but for this new girl group coming up, there’s nothing. YG hasn’t tried to promote them in any kind of way and they’re supposedly debuting this year? ?(

Obviously this girl group exists because their practice room has been seen in Treasure’s TMAP episodes and there was a video of the girls going into YG. So if the new girl group is ready and set, why isn’t YG showcasing them?

If YG tries to debut this new girl group out of nowhere, I don’t think this tactic is going to work. Koreans and Ifans won’t be interested because they have nothing to look forward to. And if YG gives this new gg a Blackpink-esque song, it won’t fair well for them.

So YG needs to get it together and actually try with this new girl group. Otherwise, this’ll be their first failed girl group.

Thoughts?

• Tbh, YG say they'll debut this year but pretty sure they'll end as all their groups until now and will need to wait again at least 2 years to debut.

While, I wouldn't be surprise to see YG promote them so I'm not really worry?

I'm only worry about the fact blink will shit on them at their debut as they did for Treasure (and still do). It could be even more messy since they are girls. So let's hope YG will not forget BP this year (but yet, YG tried hard with BP second half of 2020 but blonks was still crying not enjoying).

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• Tbh, YG say they'll debut this year but pretty sure they'll end as all their groups until now and will need to wait again at least 2 years to debut.

I'm only worry about the fact blink will shit on them at their debut as they did for Treasure (and still do). It could be even more messy since they are girls. So let's hope YG will not forget BP this year (but yet, YG tried hard with BP second half of 2020 but blonks was still crying not enjoying).

I feel like the new girl group isn’t coming this year either. Probably late 2022 if we’re being honest.

• I wouldn't worry even without zero predebut promo. People will be curious about them, check out their songs, especially after bp's huge success. Add the fact that Teddy is most likely the one will be producing their songs, so there you have an instant hit.

• So YG needs to get it together and actually try with this new girl group. Otherwise, this’ll be their first failed girl group.

Thoughts?

Their first ever GG Swi.T would like to have a word with you. Poor group got two singles before Yang Suk himself yeeted them into a hiatus and disbandment. :waterr:

Swi.t | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I hope they do not debut this year, many if those girls just hit middle school and knowing how YG dresses their idols to be sexualized by grown men. It would be horrid to see 13-14 year olds dressed in small outfits, knowing they will most likely not be comfortable.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• They debut hype for BP didn't come from the fact they did CFs or appeared in songs with GD. It came from the fact that it was YG.

There will be plenty of hype for them.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I forgot about them oops...guess I blocked this group from my brain after knowing about what happened :waterr:

They were so good :waterr: I am so happy I bought their album off iTunes again digitally after years of loving them in 2009 before YG removed it off all sites :waterr::cryingr:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• They debut hype for BP didn't come from the fact they did CFs or appeared in songs with GD. It came from the fact that it was YG.

There will be plenty of hype for them.

Still they had fans waiting for them before even debuting. Even knetz were waiting for them. But with Baby Monster...eh. Them being Yg’s first group in 7 years since 21 also factored in but with this new gg, Yg’s reputation isn’t the same that it was back then.

• They won't do as good as itzy on the charts but much better than aespa on debut most probably. Nothing to worry about. A big debut means nothing at the end. Many groups have explosive debuts and then fall off.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• If they debut this year I would be worried about Blinks attacking them.

BP is at their prime right now and if they debuted this year and actually score a hit, they will get hated. It will be a WinKon situation..

I would prefer if they postpone them I mean BP are only in their 5th year why the rush when they are clearly not on the decline or reached their peak??

Though if they do debut this year, I expect an impact like aespa, more internationally, less with korea.

I do think that they might to better digitally than the debuted rookies but not a hit.

Them being BP sister group will bring them hype internationally even with no promotion

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• that didn't even benfiet BP that much at all lol... Y'all overestimate how much they benfieted especially since that was years before their debut.. they barely got promo before their real debut..

• So let's hope YG will not forget BP this year (but yet, YG tried hard with BP second half of 2020 but blonks was still crying not enjoying).

What a lie lol.. the same album that was supposed to be with over 10 songs lol even your boys got more if I'm not mistaken but you have the audacity to talk.. focus on your privileged men and stream their songs they need someone to stream and don't use blonks to describe real blinks.

• Ya'll are this worried about a group that doesn't exist? Wild. I understand being interested when the company actually starts a rollout for them but being worried about their potential success at this stage when you don't know a single member is just weird.

• that didn't even benfiet BP that much at all lol... Y'all overestimate how much they benfieted especially since that was years before their debut.. they barely got promo before their real debut..

lol just lol

• It’s kinda Looking a mess NGl and aespa set records high for 2020/ 21 rookies on top

Of that a name like That is sooooooo embarrassing and I personally cringe every time

I hear it so I couldn’t imagine the members themselves....

i believe yg will change it as they still change in and out names daily for this new gg :) .

• It’s unlikely that they’ll change it since the girls practice room has “Baby Monster” engraved in the door.

i already know but its yg. they wont keep that horrid name.

they always change their names. treasure from magnum

pinkpunk, baby monsters for bp.

theyre not gonna give the girls that recycled name

• I dont think that predebut activities have as much of an effect as some of you think. It will create a bit of a fandom from the start and give you a kickstart for the first 2-3 months, but thats about it. What really makes or breaks a group are the first 1-3 years of its existence. Debut and the first 2 or maybe 3 comebacks are whats most important and what will ultimately see you established, create your core fandom and make you a promising group or something meant for the dumpster to sas it very clearly. P

it won't be messy because they are girls. Gg stan Twitter has a wierd obsession with hating men.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!