Is it only me who thinks there is no point of videos like "how would XXX kpop group sing YYY song by ZZZ group"

• Not all of them are random guessing. The point of it is to based the line distribution on the said group's past distributions. So if there's a specific member who ALWAYS starts the first verse, or ALWAYS sings the bridge, or ALWAYS is the ending fairy (sings the last line) etc, then they'll most likely sing this specific song the same way too.

Personally I like the videos because it creates a hypothetical situation where one of your fave groups get to sing one of your fave songs by another group. I like the imagining/fantasizing aspect of it. These videos kind of give off the same feeling as when your fave group covers another group's song or vice versa. And it's just fun within the fandom to discuss who would sing which part etc.

But a majority of these videos are inaccurate because like you said, the people who make these videos would often randomly assign parts. Like give members who have never belted a note before a high note, or members who have never sang in a chorus a chorus part. Or members who usually have 10 secs in a song suddenly is given 30 secs. And I'm just like...what are yall basing all of this on. It's supposed to be imaginary, yes, but it's also supposed to reflect the group's past distribution patterns, not something completely different. So I get super picky with these type of videos.

PS: Sometimes I'd hear a certain song and feel like another group would suit the song as well (maybe both groups share similar styles or concepts) and would like to imagine both groups doing each other's songs. Idk about others, but I typically like seeing these videos for groups who are similar, because their sound/concepts are interchangeable. So for example, how CLC would sing 4Minute songs. How Red Velvet would sing fx songs. How Blackpink would sing 2NE1 etc. What I don't get is when they make these videos with groups who are completely different. Meaning they don't have similar musical styles or they don't have similar concepts.

Like I've seen shit on youtube where it's like how would BTS sing a ___ by Twice (or vice versa) and I'm like WTF? That is the type of shit I avoid and generally dislike. The only exception would be if Twice had maybe did a short cover of BTS on a music show or something, and then fans wanna make a video showing how Twice would sing the WHOLE song (based on the cover); then that'll make sense. For ex: Twice has covered Wonder Girls So Hot a couple times, so making a How would Twice sing So Hot video is acceptable in my eyes, despite Twice and Wonder Girls having different concepts and sounds.

• I think it’s weird when they distort the original singer’s voice to supposedly make it sound like someone else but other than that I just don’t pay attention to them

• Sometimes it's fun to imagine what it would sound like if groups had different concepts. Or if I hear a song that sounds like someone else's style I wonder how they would sing it. But there are alot of videos out there that don't seem to know voices/groups well enough to give accurate line distributions. It's all for fun anyways so does there really need to be some important point to it?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!