Do people still think GP999 final lineup is gonna be hoarded with Koreans?

• I could understand why people would think that seeing how IZ*One rigged out 48G girls like Miyu & Miho. With that said, it genuinely looks like Mnet wants a balance this time

First of all, the 3rd round will have 9K 9J 9C, if there’s another nationality mandatory vote, than an all Korean final lineup is confirmed not happening off that alone (it wouldn’t happen anyway, but even a 0.01% chance of it happening is out the window)

And many of the C & J girls are more popular than people give credit for. We already see how Hikaru, Mashiro, Yurina, Xiaoting, & Ruiqi are like the undisputed top 5 when it comes to the foreign girls, and all 5 are in the 1st elim top 9 + all rumored to be in the 2nd Elim top 9

Also if Boys Planet 999 ever happened, Mnet wouldn’t be dumb enough to have GP999 final lineup be imbalanced cuz that will just put potential C/J boys off from even bothering

My guess is the lineup will either be 4K3J2C or 5K2J2C. The (nightmare) possibility of 6K2J1C or something is there, but anything further I highly doubt is taken place

• I wouldnt put it past Msnake to increase the group size as well if their faves dont get in. I've read some Korean girl with last name Guinn is an Msnake favorite but i never see her name at the top of the vote counts. This would be a way to give the public who they voted for but also allow them to bring in an extra member or two that they really want in.

I dont mind the rigging. All shows are rigged. And Msnake has already proven that they know what the public wants when it comes to GGs with IOI and Izone. Both of these groups wouldve been bigtime competition for the Big 3 GGs of their eras. Izone is coming on as the third best GG of all time in my book.

• I wouldnt put it past Msnake to increase the group size as well if their faves dont get in. I've read some Korean girl with last name Guinn is an Msnake favorite but i never see her name at the top of the vote counts. This would be a way to give the public who they voted for but also allow them to bring in an extra member or two that they really want in.

I dont mind the rigging. All shows are rigged. And Msnake has already proven that they know what the public wants when it comes to GGs with IOI and Izone. Both of these groups wouldve been bigtime competition for the Big 3 GGs of their eras. Izone is coming on as the third best GG of all time in my book.

I wouldn’t mind if they did but the lineup up, and the planet pass 3 thing being a thing would be interesting.

Idk about the last paragraph. Mnet took out some of their biggest stars who were hugely loved candidates from the lineups over stupidity like age or nationality. Rigging in itself is wrong, but for such petty reasons just to debut a typical group type is even worse

• I think they would do Mashiro, Yurina and I'm more unsure on Hikaru. I went on some Japanese forums and OH MY GOD I don't know if it's the audience who are more male focused but they HATE her? I didn't even finish translating the nicknames because they were so awful? Yurina is called like snake face or something so they're not as fond of her. Mashiro is SUPER popular.

Ruiqi I am worried about. Her korean isn't so bad but considering all the posts about GP999 bring up her post- she's obviously very popular though. Xiaoting is def going to debut as like the one who never drops out of the top contestents. Also remember Hikaru's company is very bad.

• I think they would do Mashiro, Yurina and I'm more unsure on Hikaru. I went on some Japanese forums and OH MY GOD I don't know if it's the audience who are more male focused but they HATE her? I didn't even finish translating the nicknames because they were so awful? Yurina is called like snake face or something so they're not as fond of her. Mashiro is SUPER popular.

Ruiqi I am worried about. Her korean isn't so bad but considering all the posts about GP999 bring up her post- she's obviously very popular though. Xiaoting is def going to debut as like the one who never drops out of the top contestents. Also remember Hikaru's company is very bad.

What's going on with hikaru's company?

• The issue why I think it will end up as a majority K group is because of how the voting system works. 50% of the votes are from Korean voters and 50% international. That means that Korean voters have the majority say. Also, in episode 2 around the 42:30 mark, the host made it clear that ratio numbers will not matter in the final group. While that means ratio numbers can be skewed either way, the more likely scenario is that the group will be majority K idols.

K contestants will likely jump ahead once one-pick voting starts. Expect to see the top 9 shuffle around quite a bit after the 3:3:3 voting rule ends.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!